1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Reach Your Weightloss Goal by December 1st

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by BlueThunder, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Azure

Azure Active Member

Nice job BT. Seeing something like that is motivating within itself. :tu:

2. dewfiend23

dewfiend23 Well-Known Member

yea first place!!!:jumping:

3. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

Tnx BT!:) I'm eating a tuna sandwich at the moment, for which i had to get up very early in order to make it and take to work, just to avoid strong cravings later in the day, and stuffing myself with junk. after seeing that spreadsheet i'm thinking: yeah, it was worth getting up earlier to make the sandwich... i wanna see some new numbers there soon:D

4. Cam_B

Cam_B Active Member

Thanks Bluethunder, nice spreadsheet there.
    Can I add my waist measurement to the spreadsheet aswell.
    Currently I am at 39 inches (99.06cms), looking to get around 32 inches (81.28 cms)
    Looking at the spreadsheet I've got the same stats and similar goals to TheTransition.

Also I notice you that you have me down at 220KG at the moment, my stats were in pounds, 220kg is BIG thats around 485 pounds !!! LOL

Cardio tonight :tucool:

#44 Cam_B, Sep 7, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  5. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

Sure, I've added the waist measurement. Haha, I didn't even notice the kg. Simple copy and paste error. I've fixed it for the next chart that I'll post.

6. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

Thanks, BlueThunder!

Perhaps it will be a better idea to put all the weights in a single unit (either lbs or kg - doesn't really matter). This way people will see how they (and their goals) stand as opposed to the others. Also, you could save yourself the trouble of regularly posting the screenshots by uploading the spreadsheet to Google Docs and publishing it there.

7. BlueThunder

As long as everyone is consistent week after week in the units in how they report their weight I won't have a problem and there are only 2 of you guys who have kg. It won't affect the "% complete" or anything which is what the challenge is really measuring and that is what I'm using to compare everyone against each other anyway. But if you want to report in lbs, just tell me and I can switch it for you.

Google Docs looks interesting and I may use it in the future, but it's really easy to do a screenshot and takes only a minute to do.

#47 BlueThunder, Sep 7, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  8. Buttersweet

i know i didn't post my waist measuremenets, and there's no need to i think, but i just want to share with you the fact that i lost 1 cm in my waist in about 1.5 weeks, and i'm so happy:claphigh:

9. haleygirl82

haleygirl82 Active Member

well apparently i have gained some water cause theres no way in heck i gained 6lbs since thursday, cause thursday it still said 250. today started out good though so great im in last place *sigh*

10. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

We're supposed to post updates on Sat, right? Well, I'm now at 95.7 kg, with about 20.9% BF.

11. BlueThunder

12. groomy

groomy Well-Known Member

I'd like to join this one. My realisitic goal will be to hit 200 by December 1st.

I've put on a little mass lately (muscle and fat) and am sitting around 225ish.

I'll register my first stats this coming Saturday (15th September).

Cheers and good luck to all.

#52 groomy, Sep 8, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  13. BlueThunder

Sure thing groomy. Consider yourself in.

Everyone else, I need you guys to post your updated stats for this week before Monday so I can update the Challenger Chart.

Good Luck!

14. Azure

Azure Active Member

Still sitting at 225.

15. Cam_B

Cam_B Active Member

Weighed in and measured my waist this morning (6am GMT)

Weight = 218.5 lbs
    Waist - 38.5 inches

Thats 1.5 pounds down and 1/2 an inch off of my waist, slow but steady progress :tu:

16. Buttersweet

I'm still at the same stats.

17. BlueThunder

Hey everyone,

Here is the chart for this week. Some of you didn't report and some didn't report all your measurements. Hopefully some of you guys who didn't report will report some progress next week. Well I guess that's it. Have a great week everyone!

#57 BlueThunder, Sep 10, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  18. reniform

reniform Well-Known Member

Well, I'm finally back from vacation. My stats stayed the same through the week (thankfully, since my diet was pretty bad, all the activity probably made up for it). I definitely needed the break and my energy in the gym yesterday was great, so I'm really motivated to start making progress now.

19. Echo

Echo Active Member

Still here!

I'm still in it! My stats are the same this week but I was busy with school and went out of town for 3 days! I'm starting the program hard today! BTW: My bodyfat measuement is at 26% right now... Good luck and keep updating! Seeing that people are still around is very motivating!

20. Azure

Azure Active Member

Amazing how a week off gives you the energy to keep going another 3 months.

I quit doing pushups for a week...and when I started again, I could effectively pump out 10 more. Plus, I finally got the one-arm pushup done...completely. Just because of a week off.