1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Reach Your Weightloss Goal by December 1st

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by BlueThunder, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Azure

Azure Active Member

I have and old-school scale, which I think is broken. :D

I will stop weighing myself everyday, try to anyways.

I've been eating clean for the last few months....lots of exercise...which has worked, so I'll stick to that and hopefully we'll see some results.

2. Echo

Echo Active Member

I'll be in! I'm at 221 right now. I've been creeping up for the past year..... like 15 pounds since june of last year.... I want to be down to 190 by Dec 1st. Reliably sticking to my diet and excercise program has bee a problem since Dec...... Heres to try number....4, I guess? 190, And I would like to preserve as much muscle mass as possible! Maybe even put on a few pounds of muscle.... a 30 pound loss of fat and 3-4 pound gain in lean mass would be great! We'll see....

3. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

Welcome. 4th times a charm right.

Hmm. I really should start studying for this final I have in about 5 hours. hmmmmmm.

4. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

I think I'll jump on the wagon. So, where are we?

I was 100 kg (that's 220 lbs) on 7/13 with 24% BF, I'm now at about 96 kg (~212 lbs) with about 21.9% BF (I don't trust that BF test too much). The goal is to be 90 kg (198 lbs) and 18% BF by Dec 1. That's an ambitious goal for me, but I'll do what I can to reach it - another source of motivation can't be bad for sure.

5. Azure

Azure Active Member

Thanks for joining...and good luck guys!!

6. dewfiend23

dewfiend23 Well-Known Member

Azure - just out of curiosity when did you start with your weight loss? it looks like we are in the same boat at a different time

7. Azure

Azure Active Member

Last year in November.

Its been up and down the whole time....but I'm about 35-40 lbs lighter now than I was last year at this time. I can feel the difference too. Amazing how much better and more self confident I am right now....and I haven't even reached my weight loss goal.

A good start....now I just have to lose 20-30 lbs more.

Don't let my timeline get you down though....I had a hard time sticking to my diet and workout plan because I traveled so much due to work.

Although I do think your goal is a bit extreme....proper weight loss is 2 lbs per week...we have 3 months to do this goal....2 lbs per week, 4 weeks in a month....8 lbs per month X 3 months is 24 lbs. You're aiming for almost double that.

Not impossible...just make sure you don't deprive yourself of food in order to achieve weight loss. If you do that, in the end, you'll gain it back when you go to the proper diet again.

Its a long road. :)

#27 Azure, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  8. dewfiend23

well, I do not have a job, and i'm taking this quarter off from class :D really have no excuse not to go to the gym and my only reason to leave the gym would be exhaustion :D

this is the first time in a long time i've been hardcore about getting back into shape:jumping:, and I've had a hard time sticking to my diet just around friends. I'm in so many different groups of people... there's always fast food, campus food, and Jay's Diner... ooo sweet delicious Jays:eat:... and if I go to Jay's its 2am, and I had already wanted to be in bed by 11. Someone calls me up, I'm hard pressed to say no to them and then I'm obligated to order something once we get somewhere:bang:. It's a rough road :), but eating in recently has literally saved me $50/wk

congrats on your accomplishments keep up the good work:gl:

9. Azure

Azure Active Member

Yeah, the eating out can really kill a guy.

The reason I gained weight was a simple lack of exercise...and sitting at the computer day and night last summer. Imagine, I literally spent all summer of 2006 indoors...playing computer games, doing computer work.

Wasn't fun at all.

This year I've played baseball, volleyball....hockey, roller hockey, etc, etc....and just with the active lifestyle I automatically lost 20 lbs. After that I made the commitment to get down to 190. A huge goal....still far away, but I am pretty determined to get there.

How determined? The past 6 months...I've only eaten more than 4000 calories 'once.'

And according to Fitday...that is what I burn daily. Without sleep of course.

10. dewfiend23

o fitday

yea, i know about the physical thing, thats part of the reason im in the situation i'm in... well, the video games, the parties, the being an IT major (not anymore, it's a killer for any other part of your life) basically a sedentary lifestile. but with food. lots of food :-D

this summer i've weened myself into a gym routine and if the 12th goes right i'll be in the police academy by winter where they do all sorts of PT.... (more than i'm probably ready for) but it'll be good.

11. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

you guys sound like you're really determined to do it right (this time) and i'm sure you'll make it:) what would be helpful is to warn your environment about how important these goals are to you, and to demand support. sometimes we give in to easily, and saying 'no tnx' only once could make them realize that you're serious, and maybe make them respect your efforts in the fitness department. when you go out and all the friends have pizza but you order a tuna sandwich, then you know you're going to make it. it takes time though, to learn to be disciplined, at least for me it did. but when you're tempted, post here or send a pm to another member. communication here helped me a lot in the initial period, when i lacked focus, determination and discipline.
    i have to say that in 5 months i missed maybe 3 workouts. and every time i didn't feel like going i spoke to someone on the forum, or just wrote a bit in my journal and got back on track.
    so, there's no way we're not reaching our goals this time;):)

12. Azure

Azure Active Member

I go out....friends eat pizza, I do too.

But I don't eat much....and I don't go out much.

Pizza once in a while is going to do nothing to wreck your goal.

When I started out the first time, I figured I had to cut down majorly on ever junk food, everything....and after 2 weeks, I was eating unhealthy once again. The second time around, I just didn't eat as much junk food...and here I am, 40 lbs lighter.

13. BlueThunder

BlueThunder
    Buttersweet
    sceadato
    Azure
    haleygirl82
    TheTransition
    dewfiend23
    Echo
    Mitek

Alright, so far we've got 9 people in the challenge. I'm sure more people will join as we go along. :tu:

14. reniform

reniform Well-Known Member

I agree with this 100%. I started out almost the exact same way, except it was more like my first 3 or 4 times. I tried to be perfect and everything fell apart. Jeremy Likness had some really good advice regarding the all or nothing mentality that snapped me out of it. I'll have to search for that post when I'm not about to fall asleep.

15. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

what works for me is having a cheat meal or cheat day once a week. i had a personal challenge with another member of the forum, and the only way i could have won that time was to have one perfect week and get some extra points for discipline, so when my friends came to my place for pizza one evening i had to make myself oats:lol: (pizza was forbidden in this challenge - long story), and a friend asked me why i was torturing myself, but it wasn't torture. it was really easy, and i lost almost 4% of bf in 3.5 weeks.:nod: practicing the 'all or nothing mentality' from time to time works best for me, but it would be impossible to do it all the time.
    the only problem is that the motivation for such discipline never comes from within. i always have to compete with someone, have some other goals apart from losing fat, in order to really try hard. i hate that.:blank:

16. Cam_B

Cam_B Active Member

Hi guys and girls, first post on here for me.
    UK member who wants to get involved in this challenge, see gains, weight loss and also more importantly make some friends on here that will keep me motivated as I am doing this by myself, no training partner.
    I'm off on holiday (vacation) on 13th Sept for a week so that will be a challenge itself keeping an exercise regime going, watching my food etc..

Here are my stats as from today 6th Sept 2007
    Weight : 220lbs BF% 21 estimated.

I'm looking at hitting 206 lbs and getting down to as near to 15% as possible.

Looking forward to this, hopefull it will be like having my own 'virtual' training partners :tucool:

PS Good luck everyone

17. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

Hey, me too! I will be on vacation for almost 2 weeks starting on the 11th (a great date to make a trans-Atlantic flight, isn't it).

Good luck!

18. Azure

Azure Active Member

I do the all or nothing challenge maybe once a week....eat absolutely nothing but healthy, clean food for one week....just to prove that I'm still motivated.

But I would never stick with it for a longer period of time.

Once again, good luck to everyone!

19. BlueThunder

Welcome Cam_B. I'll add you to the spreadsheet.

20. BlueThunder

Well, I think I figured out how to do a screenshot. Enjoy.

#40 BlueThunder, Sep 6, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007