1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Reach Your Weightloss Goal by December 1st

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by BlueThunder, Aug 30, 2007.

1. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone,

I'm really going to try and stick with this challenge. I've really let my diet slip and I've gained probably between 15-20 pounds since the beginning of June. I weigh around 180 lbs. I want to get to 155 by December 1, 2007.

I've decided that this challenge will include not only weightloss, but anything from getting to 10% bodyfat, getting to a 32 inch waist, or the standard getting to a goal weight. The only qualification is that it must be measurable, reliably consistent and it must involve fat loss. This challenge isn't about bulking (See Carguy's challenge for that) its about cutting fat!

If you have a weight loss goal (or fat loss goal) that you'd like to reach by Dec. 1 then feel free to join me in this challenge. Just post where you're currently at and your goal. I'm going to start on September 1st, but feel free to join during the whole month of September.

I'll try to do something like Gravityhomer's weightloss challenge and talley the results once a week, so post your progress updates on saturdays and I'll tally it by monday. I think I'll try something like a "% completed towards goal" to rank everyone.

Well, I think that about covers it.

BlueThunder

#1 BlueThunder, Aug 30, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  2. Buttersweet

Buttersweet Active Member

OK, I'm in!:D

My goal is to get to 20%bf or lower by Dec 1st, and to about 60 kg of body weight.
    I'm currently at 26.3% and 65 kg.

3. BlueThunder

Welcome Buttersweet!

I'm going to only use your bodyfat to rank you in the challenge. Or I could use your weight. Either one is fine, but I only want to use one to make it easier to compare against other challengers.

EDIT: Actually, I think I can put both into the spread sheet. :)

Glad to have you aboard.:tu:

#3 BlueThunder, Aug 31, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  4. reniform

reniform Well-Known Member

I'm definitely in. My goal is to get to 10% bf by December 1st. Right now I'm at 207 lbs and 15% bf. I'm down from 260 lbs and 30% bf a year or so ago and need to make that final push to get to where I want to be. Plus I figure it would be good to get out of lurk mode and talk to everyone thats helped me get this far. :D I'll start the week of September 9th since I'm taking a much needed vacation next week. Good luck to everyone.

5. Azure

Azure Active Member

Goal is to be 190 by December...right now I'm 225.

6. BlueThunder

Welcome sceadato

Welcome Azure

7. Azure

Azure Active Member

I need to buy a new scale though.

I've moved up two notches on my belt the past 3 months....yet the damn scale is still showing 245.

8. Buttersweet

i've lost 2 cm in three weeks in my waist, but the scale still shows the same:) it doesn't bother me, but it does serve as a good argument for putting both bf% and weight in the spreadsheet, and possibly, if BlueThunder feels like it, other measurements?;):)

9. Azure

Azure Active Member

It doesn't bother me either....I can see the obvious changes...fat on my chest, belly, arms....it isn't back to where it was at the 245 lb level.

But I wanted to become lighter for an easier lifestyle. It is no secret that carrying around 240 lbs isn't exactly beneficial if you can help it.

10. haleygirl82

haleygirl82 Active Member

i would like to join as of this morning im 250 so my goal will be to get to 220 by december 1st

11. TheTransition

TheTransition Active Member

Count me in....I started with 270lbs around 37% bf and a 52 inch wasit 5 months ago....I am 220ish around 21% with a 38 inch waist now...Fatloss phase is completed and I would now like to begin a cutting phase...On December 1st, I hope to be around 200 12-13%bf with a 32-35inch wasit....And yes, its a slower procedure than my fat loss stage ...This is the stage where skin tightening, toning and the 6 pack matters :)

12. BlueThunder

Welcome haleygirl82 and TheTransition. Glad to have you guys in the challenge. Heres the chart I've created using my limited knowledge of excel. I couldn't upload the excel file so I just pasted it into a word file.

#12 BlueThunder, Sep 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  13. Azure

Azure Active Member

Glad to be apart of this challenge.

Hopefully we get more people involved, and for that are a part of it, please post as often as possible. Even if its just something about your day. Much easier for the rest of us to stay motivated.

14. BlueThunder

Well, I just spent the whole night last night writing a paper for my class. I didn't go to bed until like 10 am. and now I have to study for my finals which are coming up this week. I'll admit I sorta overate last night. But once finals are over with on Thursday, I think I won't feel the need to over eat. Hopefully I can avoid gaining weight by the time a weigh in again.

15. Azure

Azure Active Member

Did you weigh yourself?

Staying up that long will usually result in your body picking up some water weight. Happens to me everytime.

Takes about a week or even two to get back to normal.

Don't worry about over-eating...as long as it isn't something happening everyday, you should be fine.

16. BlueThunder

I really hate to weigh myself more than once a week. I'm always heavier than I think I am and its discouraging. Actually, my overeating so much was one of the reasons I'm where I am weight wise. Just got to focus on the here and now and the weight will go down in time..........I hope.:D

17. Azure

Azure Active Member

Very true.

I weigh myself every morning, and it is frustrating. Maybe I'll start doing what you do.

With water weight and all, its almost impossible to make progress overnight. Besides, we're not supposed to lose more than 1-2 lbs per week.

18. dewfiend23

dewfiend23 Well-Known Member

im in! 262 right now, want to lose 40lbs :-D

19. Buttersweet

what kind of a scale do you guys have? i have an old fashioned one, which is obviously broken since it always shows the same weight although i'm losing fat:lol: anyways, would you write a little about how you plan to lose the weight? or should i search the journal section of the forums? Blue, i'm not sure what exactly you had in mind.:confused:
    Azure, i strongly suggest you stop weighing yourself on a daily basis. it's no use, especially if it's frustrating as you say. i have to admit i stopped weighing myself some time ago, and now concentrate only on tape measure and bf%. so i'm a bit worried i won't be losing those 5 kg in the following months:)
    oh, and, do we have to post our measurements every week?

20. BlueThunder

Alright, your in.

I have a digital scale. Also, I had a journal awhile ago, but it fizzled out after a couple days and I'm not even doing anything remotely like what I said I was doing in the journal nowadays anyway. Right now I've got my exercise down pretty good. I just need to try to keep my calories between 2000-2200 and I think I'll start losing.

Posting every week will keep everyone accountable I think, but if you miss posting you'll just be ranked last, given that everyone else posts are in the forward direction. :nod:

Also, my computer has something screwy going on with it right now. So if I'm MIA for a few days it probably will have something to do with that.