1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Rapid Fat Loss Handbook by Lyle McDonald

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by NCNBilly, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

I think Lyle McDonald has a lot of very interesting things to say and by using his diets you learn a lot about how your body reacts to different macros. I also did pure Keto for 8 weeks, I did not get sick of it I just missed my steel cut oats.

I think Mastover hit the nail on the head when he recommended keto for those with higher bodyfat and some lifting experience.
    One thing that is great about it is that it seems to help reset any overfeeding habits. By flooding your system with rich fat laden foods for a period of time it desensitizes you. It takes away cravings, well it did for me anyways.

Staggering carbs at the end of the day is the main way to get good results. I go from 50g to 200g a day at the moment whilst still cutting.
    There is no better teacher than experience.

2. NCNBilly

NCNBilly Well-Known Member

Got the UD 2.0 book, so far about half way through and it's simply excellent. I'm really looking forward to starting, and hopefulyl I'll have the book finished tonight or tomorrow so I can begin on Monday.

I've got a few challenges, since I'll be away two weekends but from the logs and journals I've read most people run a week or two longer. The plan calls for 6-8 weeks on and two off, which is perfect for me. I should hit Memorial Day right where I want to be!

3. mcfc98

mcfc98 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna try this for two weeks starting today. We'll see how I get on.

4. mcfc98

mcfc98 Well-Known Member

So far, pretty good. 9lbs down and no massive cravings even without taking the the ECA stack.

Another 8 days to go...

5. bravo340

bravo340 Active Member

I started the RFL diet on Monday 5/3/10. I'm feeling pretty good. My log is here.

6. mcfc98

mcfc98 Well-Known Member

So to cap this off for me...

I started at about 242, did it for two weeks and dropped to 226. 16 lbs down, excellent.

I then had a week diet break in which I put on around 2lbs to put me at 228.

I did RFL for a week again and dropped to ~222 so a 6lb loss from the 228 I stated at again.
    However in that third week I wasn't feeling myself, my libido dropped to almost nothing. So I decided to stop it.

Been off it 5 days now and I'm feeling more like myself again and with the water weight coming back I'm up to 224.

RFL was good for me but imho it's something I would only suggest you do if you really need a psychological boost from those scale numbers and you don't intend to rely on it for any extended length of time.

Having to put an extra hole in my belt and being able to take off my old jeans without unbuttoning them was worth it for me, it's really given me that extra push to finally go for the dream goal of 200 lb.

I'm switching back to a moderate diet now and resuming the gym, 1800-1900 cals with a macro breakdown of 40:30:30.
    At 6' tall and widely built that's on the more extreme side too but I think it will do me well. We'll see, I might switch it up later and add more cals.