1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

quick pain question

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by balbo, Feb 17, 2004.

1. balbo

balbo Well-Known Member

I get this "shin-splits" type pain on my forearms when I do barbell curls...is this normal or does this mean that I'm either too weak for the weight I have on or poor form?

2. Jingo

Jingo Well-Known Member

i can't answer your question but i get it too :) my form is good so i doubt it's that.

Try to warm up more, that helps me a bit, lots of wrist flexing. I don't think it's any sign of something you need to change.

3. Razor

Razor Well-Known Member

I get the same thing with dumbell side lats depending on how much weight I use. As long as you can complete your sets, I think you should be fine.

4. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Well-Known Member

I dont know if you guys started recently...

Yes, most people(like me) feel that little pain in forearms
    when they start lifting... Its because of not enough bone strength..

I started drinking atleast 4cups (2 morning + 2 evening) of Skim
    milk everyday..
    After few days it was gone...
    :tucool:

5. Greensheep

Greensheep Well-Known Member

I got the same pain a few years ago when i started training.
    If we're talking about the same thing, then it's kind of a shooting pain down the bottom side of the forearms during exercises that put strain on the wrists such as barbell bicep curls.
    It would also occur just after putting the weights down, only for a second or two.
    Since i had only just started working out, i decided to keep going and i didnt seek medical attention.
    One year later, I could barely open a door without feeling the 'twinge' down my arm. I could not (and still cannot) do bicep barbel curls. Infact the only bicep exercises i could do were dumbell hammer curls and close grip pull-ups. 2 1/2 years later i'm 90% recovered and i can just about manage dumbell curls, but not with any considerable weight, most of my bicep development now comes from deadlifts and pull-ups.
    Take it from me, dont just keep going. If this pain persists for more than one or two workouts then get some medical attention, maybe physio if ur doctor recommends it.
    You'll never forgive yourself if you wind losing valuble workout time due to a big injury.
    Jon's daily update for today pretty much sums it up.
    just my opinion

Greeno :)

EDIT: just seen the previous message, not sure if we're talking about the same condition or not, but mine was diagnosed as a form of tendonitis.