1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

question on legs

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by achong83, Nov 18, 2004.

1. achong83

achong83 Well-Known Member

One of my friends refuses to do any lower body exercises when he goes to the gym saying that he doesn't need to because nobody sees his legs. What should I tell him to convince him otherwise?

Thanks.

2. JMR

JMR Well-Known Member

Ask him if he wants to look like he's riding an ostrich?

3. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Does he like girls? Some day, some way, they will get to see them. And they will judge them.

Kidding aside. Muscle is important to building metabolism. The largest muscles are located in the legs. When you don't build muscles in the legs, you miss out on best chance to build in fat burning muscle cells.

I wish everyone understood the power of muscle in metabolism.

4. Hort

Hort Well-Known Member

By not working out his legs he is negleting the benefits it has on his overall health. The quads and hams are large muscles, and the stimulation and growth you trigger by working the legs helps everything in the long run.

5. Malkavian

Malkavian Well-Known Member

I hope he never intends to do any heavy lifting. being able to squat and dead helps a ton moving furniture in and out of an apartment (even just being able to lift with good back form)

6. angel_b

angel_b Well-Known Member

:lol:

7. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I never understood this mentality. I am the opposite. It has to get really cold outside for me to want to wear pants, unless I'm going to work or to some type of place where better dress attire is required (out to eat at a decent restaurant, or whatever). I have good legs and like to show them off. :)

I don't want anyone to see my chest though. hahaha

8. kmfisher

kmfisher Well-Known Member

I predict a future of... DONKEY KONG SYNDROME for him!

Tell him that working his legs will help get his upper body built faster.

9. brezman

brezman Well-Known Member

Theres probably nothing you can say to this guy to get him to work his legs, and its tough to dispute the fact that nobody looks at his legs. I mean really, do people actually check out guy's legs? And even when a chick saw them uncovered, it probably wouldn't matter at that point anyway! :D

Do you really walk around wearing short-shorts?

10. JMR

JMR Well-Known Member

They'll come back in style eventually and then what will ya do? I don't wear these things they call shorts now. Might as well just wear jeans and be done with it.

11. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Short shorts are perhaps the best thing to ever happen to mankind.

12. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

First of all I am not sure what "short-shorts" are -- I wear shorts. Jean shorts, khaki shorts, whatever. They go down to about the knee, so maybe I'm referring more to calf workouts than quads...whatever.

"Tough to dispute the fact that nobody looks at his legs--do people actually check out--etc." -- Well my girlfriend, who is really hot (lol), says that one of the first physical traits she noticed about me was my calves, and that they turned her on. :)

13. PeteBDawg

PeteBDawg Well-Known Member

One day, just go up to him with a ski-mask and a gun and tell him "Break yo-self!" That should be enough to convince him to lift lower body.

Don't actually do that.

14. hobowitharolex

hobowitharolex Well-Known Member

testosterone ans GH levels are increased when doing full body excercies like squats and deadlifts so he can be sacrificing some of his upper body gains by not working legs

also, tiny calves look bad in shorts

15. Stacemranger

Stacemranger Well-Known Member

I didn't work my legs for a long time and when I finally started, my upper body lifts jumped pretty big after about 3 weeks of doing it. It really does help overall body by doing legs.

16. SteveB

SteveB Well-Known Member

Does he really want to look like this?

[​IMG]

17. Juicefree

Juicefree Well-Known Member

my buddy says the same thing. I would like him to spot me on squats but I have just been smoken him on upper body(thinkin from the added tes that the leg workout makes) and it is so cool to have an ass in a pair of jeans. You know girls look at that. Plus I feel really strong when I work my legs.

18. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

Hi.
    Pass this along to your toothpick-legged friend.

I'm a chick. And I am hot, for that is what I'm to assume based on what I've been told. So speaking for myself and many of my kind (my hot female friends)- we will notice if you have chicken legs! This will sorely count against you, especially if you have a very developed upper body; for this will expose you as a vapid, vain meathead with no sensibility or consideration for your overall health or physical appearance. If you, as I read above and am stealing, look like you're riding an ostrich we will think that you are lacking in intelligence and that you probably think in a neandrethal way (along the lines of: big...torso...good!). And we will laugh at you.

A good ass and nice calves on a man is sexy. So is the teardrop formed by well developed quadriceps. Mmmmm....

19. steven

steven Well-Known Member

sure you're hot pixie

20. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

Not trying to hijack this thread, but thought I'd point out what I thought was my noted sarcasm :rolleyes:
    Oh well...You caught me...
    So much for my point... :(

5M17H, just have to know, how did you find that pic?
    Did you google "man riding ostrich" or is that part of your personal collection. Too funny :lol: