1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Question ladies...or guys who know.

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by CrysmBug, May 6, 2004.

1. CrysmBug

CrysmBug Well-Known Member

Ok - first off I use a "pyramid set" for workouts. I was considering trying the Max-OT for workouts, but I don't want to gain a large amount of mass. I know that women CANNOT get huge naturally because we do not have enough testosterone, but I am still a little skeptic. I am still working on "cutting" all my fat, but I have made great progress w/ that - so I am thinking about trying this so when I have gotten down to the body fat% I want to be at I will have really nice muscles. My question is are any of you ladies doing this and how are your results?

Thanks - Crystal

2. kirby

kirby Well-Known Member

hi crystal!
    you & i are really similarly sized :D i've always been pretty consistent @ 115-125 lbs, but lately i'm always on the high end of that range ~ right around 122. blah. some people say it's b/c i'm getting older...anyway. about pyramidding & Max-OT. ok, i've never done Max-OT, but about a year ago i did do this fairly insane workout that was definitely designed for guys. didn't get huge. got some pretty awesome muscles & increased my strength a ton. http://users.rcn.com/dl.interport/bench.html - for you to compare to your Max-OT plan. we did a lot of work right at/near/beyond your max weights for sure. only thing is that working in that range is best (safest!) to do w/a spotter.

hmm...maybe i'll try Max-OT too. i need a new plan anyway. :claplow:

sorry for the ramble. it's just one of those days...

kirby

3. CrysmBug

Do you still do this workout? Is it still working for you? I will def. check it out! I do as much as I can w/out a spotter because it is hard to find a workout partner that doesn't want to chit chat the whole time - alot of girls don't understand you have to get your workout in, in under a hour!

How tall are you? I want to be around the 115 range, but not if I look too small - but I am pretty short so I may have to lose more weight than that! :mad: Well good luck to you! :tucool:

4. kirby

kirby Well-Known Member

No - I don't do that workout anymore. Just did it once w/my bf and another guy friend. I might do it again sometime, but it requires a lot of gym time - in the weight area only. I don't think I did a whole lot of cardio during that time & I like having a balance.

I'm 5ft2.5in - 62.5". I think I could stand to be around 110 (give or take, depending on bodyfat level) and not look too small...course I've never been there before. We'll see how this 115 goal works out first!

Have a good w-e!
    Kirby

5. JamesC

JamesC Well-Known Member

I haven't tried MAX-OT, and I'm doing something similar to pyramiding. Anyway, one thing to remember, no matter what you do, you won't get huge over night, guys can't even get huge over night. If you want to try MAX-OT, give it a try. If you start to notice that your muscles are getting the way you like, then stop MAX-OT, and just maintain.

The body changes slowly, it's a blessing and a curse. :(

6. kirby

kirby Well-Known Member

Hey CrysmBug -

Are you going to follow the 1st wk program as spelled out here: http://www.freedomfly.net/Documents/MAX-OT.pdf
    (Starts on page 11)? I'd like to, but I'm going to be out of town Thursday - Monday this week, so that leaves me with three days this week. I guess I might try it anyway...have you been able to read a lot about MaxOT? What about partial-week workouts?

Kirby

7. CrysmBug

Well I went a whole new way with my diet and workout - I am really trying to fine tune everything so I can start seeing the bottom of my abs (since the top popped up a few weeks ago :claphigh: ) and I really want to see more definition everywhere. I am going to try what I am doing now - since it was recommended by someone who competes - I am doing 3-4 different exercises for every muscle and 10-14 reps for every exercise. I am doing a three day split but next week I am going to switch to a 4 day split - it just takes too long to do everything. It will leave me in the gym a slight bit longer, but I think it will be worth it. The pyramid thing, I think, was just exhausting me before I could do real work. - So far so good I am already sore, but I know that is just from switching things about. After about 4 weeks of doing this, since I have done the pyramid thing for nearly a year, I may switch to Max-OT. I have all the info on it saved and ready if this doesn't work out.