1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for the women...

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by mattyt, Mar 29, 2004.

1. mattyt

mattyt Well-Known Member

This is a question for the women on this board who have lost a considerable amount of weight.

My fiance and I have been :eat: clean and :bb: hard since Ocotober 2003. Her weight is down about 30 lbs....I'm guessing that she has lost well over 30 pounds of fat, since her muscles have gotten quite large. She looks awesome.

However, she is upset over the loss of fat from her chest. She has lost about one cup size. She's mostly upset that her new smaller breasts still are contained in the same amount of skin that her old bigger breasts were in...she thinks that they are kinda saggy.

I don't really care what her breasts look like, but it's really screwing with her self confidence. I try to get her to focus on her new qualities, like her incredible arms, shoulders, and back, but it doesn't really help.

So...if any women on this board have lost a significant amount of weight and have had to deal with this issue, I would be interested to hear of your experience. Does the extra skin eventually tighten up, or is this something that she will have to learn to live with?

This is a very personal question, so I can understand if I don't get much response.

Thanks!
    Matt

2. woeisemma

woeisemma Well-Known Member

Well, I've lost 30 pounds and I dont have saggy breast tissue. I am 21 years old with no kids though. Age plays a big part. Maybe she should consider breast implants if she's so down about them.

3. FionaMaeve

FionaMaeve Well-Known Member

I bet that if she gives them some time and wears bras with lots of support, they'll firm right up.

4. AoifeFey

AoifeFey Well-Known Member

i had that problem for a bit, it was fairly depressing. however, upon losing a bit more bodyfat (really only like 2-3%) and lifting fairly heavy (6-10 rep range, if not lower) i'm finding it's not a problem. yes, they are still smaller, but they are much firmer, and bigger than they were when i was all upset about them.

also, benching helps a lot. building up the pecs adds firmness and fullness and a bit of extra cleavage.

just like everyting, the skin needs a bit of time to catch up. when there's not much fat left the skin just shrinks right up. even with there being breast tissue this is true.

hope this helps. it'll get better, don't let her get discouraged. it's nice that you understand it's important to her. i mean, it is the one thing that makes us definately girls even from far away.... :)

5. Chim-Chim

Chim-Chim Well-Known Member

Chest advice

I had a roomate that became a personal trainer and lost about 30Lbs. of fat as well. Her breast problem sounds exactly like what your fiance is experiencing. She was not as interested in getting implants as she was just having them perky and firm again. She consulted a cosmetic/plastic surgeon about getting a breast lift. If your fiance is uncomfortable with the idea of implants, perhaps this might be the avenue she is looking for. I know my roomate had waited something like 5 years to get this done and in that time, her skin did not tighten. That is why she finally decided to get the procedure. As far as cost is concerned, I don't have any price to quote you. However, I would be really surprised if it was anywhere near what it costs for implants. I hope this helps!

6. mattyt

mattyt Well-Known Member

Thanks!

To everyone who has posted so far, thanks for your input! I will share your helpful comments with my fiance!

7. CamaroGurl

CamaroGurl Well-Known Member

well since you are really going to be the only one feeling them or looking at them (not to be perverted or anything) but if she is worried about the way the will look when she is dressed or whatever like when you two go out, tell her just to get a supported underwire bra (ex. Wonderbra). Those come with padding if she wants them to make her breasts bigger, or they can be removed and they will still support her breasts and not make them saggy. Or tell her to get a water bra... that might sound really corny, but it will make them look round and full...

i have a friend in high school that wore a waterbra and you would have NEVER known... and again (not to be gross) but it feels kinda real (the bra)... so tell her to try that... hope i kinda helped a little... ;)

and if her self confidence is the problem... repeatedly tell you that you are happy with the way she looks and that you love her body.... :tu:

8. honu*girl

honu*girl Well-Known Member

Keep doing weight lifting and the skin will catch up.

I have read a few things about stuff that tightens skin: don't know how well it works but here goes:

Cocoa Butter - supposed to be good for stretch marks etc, but can also help tighten skin

Whipped egg white - seriously! I read this, whip up egg whites to a peak and put them on with a cotton ball over the area you want skin tightened. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse.

OK - this is supposed to work because it has albumin - but there are skin creams that have albumin in them as well. So maybe the cream is a better idea?

Anyway - I've been experiencing the same thing lately, also in my arms because I've lost so much in a short time. I just hope everything catches up and that the weight training will firm everything under the skin, and the skin will catch up!

When I'm all done with my weight loss and done having kids - I think I am going to have a breast lift and maybe skin removal on my arms and stomach if it is still there!

9. mattyt

mattyt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice! Maybe we'll give the cocoa butter a shot and see what happens!