1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for NE Patriots fans

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by pixie, Nov 29, 2004.

1. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

Last night watching the Patriots vs. Ravens game was the last straw and I must know the answer to this question!
    What is the image painted on the field of Gillette Stadium that is parallel to the side line?

We've tried to figure this out a number of times while watching televised games played there against the Pats. No one we know seems to know either.

Can someone please answer this for me?! It's driving me nuts because we can never figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

2. Redtide

Redtide Well-Known Member

3. French Spirit

French Spirit Well-Known Member

Another question for Patriots fans: how did it feel when the Patriots were crushed by the Steelers? :D

4. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

Well, considering Dillion wasn't playing, I'm not too concerned...

How did it feel when the Pats crushed the Steelers in 2002 to get to the Super Bowl? :p

5. pixie

pixie Well-Known Member

Redtide- thanks! at first I was reading the article then I really looked at the stadium logo and was like DUH! I didn't recognize it at first because it is all gray in the logo on the webpage and on the field it is gray and yellow, which was one of the reason it was difficult to figure out what it was.
    And truly exposing my full-on dumbness, it took you sending me that page from espn to notice the logo, but I didn't even notice it when I was on the website for Gillette Stadium before my origninal post. I went there hoping to find photos of the field and didn't even see the logo! Derrrr! :p :o

6. BusyChild

BusyChild Well-Known Member

Right on!! :tu:

Hey Steeler fans, learn from your mistakes and don't make your reservations to Jacksonville quite yet.

7. murph3699

murph3699 Well-Known Member

Why are Pittsburgh fans so quick run their mouths? Its not like the Steelers have won a meaningful game in the last 9 years.

8. French Spirit

French Spirit Well-Known Member

But now the Steelers have The Savior -- Ben Roethlisberger. If you doubt that label, you must not have seen the game yesterday.

The Steelers will go to the Superbowl this year and beat the Eagles. Mark my words. Feel free to bump this in 8 weeks.

9. ShadowPenguin

ShadowPenguin Well-Known Member

lmfao....when Little Ben gets to the big dance...and my prediction is it'll be Steelers vs. my Eagles...he'll choke up like a two dollar whore.

Westbrook, TO, Dawkins, McNabb, Kearse and Pinkston are all waiting for the chance to rip 'em a new one.....PAYBACKS A BITCH.

After the LEVELING we gave Green Bay this week we smell blood.

#9 ShadowPenguin, Dec 7, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  10. ShadowPenguin

If you were watching the same game I was they just BARELY pulled that one out of their ass.

11. ShadowPenguin

*bump* don't wanna lose this thread ;)

12. TheLemonSong

TheLemonSong Well-Known Member

Eagles? Steelers? Patriots?

Let's just quit the banter...

P. Money, Edge, Marv, Wayne, Stokley = Colts Superbowl

Now I know that there will be folks who say "Yeah but their defense sucks, blah blah blah" Here is my reply: The Suns defense sucks, but they only have to play defense to 110 points and no one else in the league can score like that...Colts are the same way, sure we might give up 30+ points but we're also going to put up 40+ at the same time.

You can't stop the Colts offense, you can only hope to contain them and without Ty Law its going to be nearly impossible for the Patriots secondary to stop Peyton. The Steelers are a smashmouth team, but they also don't defend the pass so well...and the Eagle? Not even worth consideration without Terrell "The Mouth" Owen. They're the same team that got destroyed last year.

Colts Superbowl + Pacers Champions 2005!

13. ShadowPenguin

LMAO we'll see about that. I dig that philosophy though, and I hope the Vikes and Falcons and everyone else still in the running thinks that same thing. I hope thats the last thought that goes thru their heads as Kearse drills them into the turf and Dawkins decimates any pesky WR that has the bright idea they might want to think about trying to score in OUR HOUSE. I hope they are thinking what a loss T.O. was as they catch a glimpse of WestBrook, Mitchell and Pinkston blazing by them into the endzone. T.O. brought a new life to the team, but he doesnt make us or break us. Westbrook and Douglas are nice and healthy this season, and McNabbs footwork and grace up fire should keep him healthy for NFC championship. Lets face it, DETMER SUCKS and last year was the WORST time to put him in against the Panthers, he didnt exhibit much this year either. I dont have as much faith in our backups and i'd like to, but our starters (t.o. the obvious expception ) are nice and rested. If you think they'll roll over and play dead think again.

as much as I respect Manning, they are done after this week.

#13 ShadowPenguin, Jan 10, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  14. TheLemonSong

I don't think they'll roll over and die, I just think they're nearly the same team that couldn't cut it last year...their biggest change for this season was T.O. (who by the way needs to take a lesson from Marvin Harrison and be humble instead of disrespecting the game and his teammates...if he ever came to Indy I would never watch another Colts game as long as I live! I wish Paul Tagliabu had some balls and repromanded him!). With T.O. gone how will the offense function? All season they designed their passing game around him. Thats not to say that they're just going to fail now that he's gone...it means that their 3 other WR have an entirely new playbook, and this is the wrong time of the season to be working on new plays! If the Eagles defense were immaculate, that'd be one thing...but they're not. A new look offense isn't going to cut it for the Eagles, but either way it wouldn't matter..even if they made the Superbowl they'd be decimated by the Colts.

Colts offense is literally unstoppable. Three recievers with 1000+ Yards, the leading rusher in the AFC, 49 regular season touchdown passes, and the league leader in sacks...who else in the NFL put up any where NEAR those numbers? This is the year that Indy brings home 2 championships NFL and NBA!!!

15. BusyChild

Have you been smokng your protein powder or something?

The Colts stats are a result of a soft schedule. They are not 16 & 0 btw they are 12 & 4 so they are hardly unstoppable.

Take a look at this
    http://ttfk.com/video/patsvid01.mpg

it's 90 meg so do a right click and save as

#15 BusyChild, Jan 11, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  16. TheLemonSong

So I guess thats what accounted for Marino's 48 TD passes too?

12 and 4, sure...1 bad loss (like NE at Dolphins), 2 losses by fieldgoals, and we gave up the final game because it was meaningless and we used it to scout so we could dominate them in the Playoffs (notice how P. Money took only 3 snaps in that game?)!

You can call it a soft schedule, but I think that's a cop out. Just think...Manning put up 49 TDs with only 10 INTs while missing an entire game (and several entire 2nd halves!)...lets compare that with Tom Brady's 28 TDs 14 INTs..Poor Tom :( He had too hard a schedule I guess...

17. sickpuppy

sickpuppy Well-Known Member

Since we're comparing, you have to point out that it's a lot tougher for Tom Brady to throw the ball now, after all those two rings probably get in the way quite a bit. It's to bad Peyton doesn't have them to get a more controlled study to see who's better. :p I'll take Tom Brady over Peyton anyday, all he does is win. :claphigh:

18. BusyChild

Yeah Marino and Manning, two of the biggest chokers in the history of the game

Take a look at this

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/facts/010705bradyvsmanning.php#top

My favorite line is

"In other words, the Colts have purposely built a team that gives its quarterback a chance to pad the stat book."

19. Bunko

Bunko Well-Known Member

Let's pause and think for a moment who is the reigning Superbowl champion and who is the MVP of the last Superbowl? Is that Manning? Oh no, it is Brady ;)

Btw, I could not care less how many TDs he has as long as the team is winning.

20. Specialbear

Specialbear Well-Known Member

I guess we are gonna have some ppl eating thier words this weekend.

As far as the Eagles go, their passing game is in trouble. No TO obviously, who is left? That Pinkston guy??? Give me a freaking break. Talk about running away from a big hit I just wonder what his team thinks of him. It will be all West and McNabb and the tightends this week.

As far as PM goes, yes his offense is amazing. However, tell me one team that can take advantage of YOUR 2ND AND 3RD WR!!! Did u see the game?? Harrison and Bailey was a no decision, but whooooo cares!! Manning can make anyone goodf, as he shows with Stokley and Wayne. Wayne had 230 yards recieving. GIMME A BREAK!! Whats even scarier is that Manning can make anyone on that team have those kind of stats. This guy seriously has so much command and talent that the ball is out of his hand even before his recievers have finished thier routes. U want to talk about talent and dedication to practice?? I really thing Manning will win, but NE is a great team and Brady has shown he can win games by himself. A great weekend this will be!!

BTW, How the hell can someone say the Pacers will win the Championship??? I mean, wtf?? Its one thing to have loyalty, but if ur team stinks, then just admit it and call it a rebuilding year. They have a lot of heart, but they arent even the best team in the East.