1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Question for Jesse1 and others on the Bally e200 elliptical

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by rockhead, Feb 7, 2005.

1. rockhead

rockhead Well-Known Member

I ordered my Bally e200 elliptical from Margaret and it arrived last Friday. I assembled it over the weekend. I will be using the elliptical in my bedroom, where the carpeting is very thick (kind of an older shag-type).

While the feet stabilizers are all touching the ground, the feel of the elliptical is not the same as when I tried it in the store - where it sat on a hard surface. It seems a little bouncier/less fluid than I'd like. Are there any specific suggestions you all have for some surface (floor mat, etc.) I can put between the elliptical and the top of the carpeting - both to protect the carpeting and to make the movements less bouncy and more solid?

I'd greatly appreciate any help/advice. Thanks.

2. jesse1

jesse1 Well-Known Member

Before you spend any money on a floor mat which I am sure would do the trick, try taking the four feet off. This will give a larger area touching the floor. It might also take a few days until the unit flattens out the carpet and padding below. If that doesn't work then you wil probably need a mat.

3. rockhead

rockhead Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. If I do need to purchase a mat, what specifically should I look for (i.e. type of material, brands, etc)? Oh, and what should I expect the ballpark cost to be?

Thanks again.

4. jesse1

jesse1 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you will even need a mat. It sounds like the problem is from to thick a soft carpet. Get a couple of pieces of plywood to put under the Elliptical where it touches the carpet. Over time the carpet will flatten out and you will be on a hard surface. All of the bouncyness should be gone. I think taking off the feet will accomplish the same thing. Give it some time to flatten out the carpet however.