1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Question creatine

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by SGood55, Apr 21, 2004.

1. SGood55

SGood55 Well-Known Member

I recently started to take creatine and im not sure what to do now...anyone that can tell me i would like to know as much as possible....im on protein as well with the creatine so im stacking them....does the creatine only just add water to the muscle or does it help that much...will i lose muscle defenition from takeing it cause it may bulk me to much.....and after im on it (im only takeing it short term for about 4 months) will my muscles shrink back down..... does it really help that much to...i want lean muscle mass...are their certain creatines that do that....anyone that can help me i would appreciate it very much.

2. Stacemranger

Stacemranger Well-Known Member

I took creatine for about 2 months before ditching it. The only thing that I saw good from it was that I wasn't as sore the few days after working out as I am now. I stopped taking it because it was making me hold about 8-10 pounds of water and made me look very bloated. I really saw no other good things about it.

3. JeremyLikness

JeremyLikness Well-Known Member

4. opela77

opela77 Well-Known Member

Jeremy, you are the man... That is one of my favorite articles on BB.com! Great stuff! I have cycled creatine for the last couple of years and have had great success. I have recently looked into V.2 and V-12... What do you think about these products? I am getting ready to order my next round of supps and I am considering adding some V-12 to the mix.

5. slush_puppy

slush_puppy Well-Known Member

Great article, jeremy! I cycle creatine for 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off. Taking time off from creatine is very important, 4 months on is way too long, SGood55.

BTW, opela77, V12 is really amazing stuff. It contains tri-creatine malate and arginine which will make your muscles feel harder, rather than water loaded like creatine can make you feel. You will also be more vascular, which will give you the "pump" feeling that lasts a very long time after your workouts. SAN is coming out with a "turbo" version very soon, which is basically V12 but with different amounts and proportions of the same ingredients.

6. haven97

haven97 Well-Known Member

You should do more research before you take anything. Creatine is not that bad but there are other supplements that are worse! In the future you should post what you want to try on this bb or bodybuilding.com to get more information.

In the meantime Jeremy's article contains very usefull information

7. slush_puppy

slush_puppy Well-Known Member

What haven97 said! You should have no unanswered questions before you take your first taste of any supplement.