1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

question about milk

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by aznsocal, May 12, 2011.

1. aznsocal

aznsocal Member

if i'm lactose intolerant, and i get the poops when i drink milk , am i crapping all the protein down the toilet or not?

2. Gskarr

Gskarr Active Member

depends... are you taking the milk before, with or after the protein???

the mechanism of the "poops" when you are intolerant to lactose:

1. the concentration of lactose inside the intestins rises, so the osmolarity of your intestin will be alterated... you will lose large amounts of water into the intestine lumen, trying to compensate the osmolarity, this will increase your peristaltic movements and reduce the time that your nutrients will be in contact with your small bowel, decresing the absortion of those nutrients

2. the bacterias living in your colon will use the undigested lactose for fuel and will produce methane gas, distention and will increased your peristaltic movements even more

so... in my profesional opinion, yes... you will poop al your proteins, so take your whey with water or use milk with out lactose

sorry if you dont understand me, but english is not my first language

3. Zilla

Zilla Well-Known Member

Whey is a milk biproduct so I don't see how that is going to be helpful...

aznsocal- Being lactose intolerant means you're going to have to be alittle more creative when it comes to supplmenting your proteins. Stay away from soy as most of it is genetically modified garbage from China.

Being lactose intolerant myself, I've been experiementing with goats milk which hasn't done any damage. There is also things like wheat, hemp, and rice isolates you can try. Read labels though as more often than not, companies add whey into the mix.

If you're going to use hemp or rice isolates, make sure you get some kind of other protein in so that you get complete proteins. i.e- chicken

Wheat isolates are gritty so mix it with something as taking it with water is really gross.