1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Question about exercise and periods

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by James257, Feb 26, 2004.

1. James257

James257 Well-Known Member

Hi, this is my first post. My question is this, about two weeks ago my wife started to lift-weights. :db: She also did the South Beach diet for a about a month, she is still eating clean, but with a few more carbs. Anyways, she is a about five days late getting her period, and I have read were this sort of thing can happen to a women who has just changed her diet and started a new exercise program. Has anyone had any experince with this? We both think it's to early to get a Pregancy test. She is also on the pill, and did not miss any days, we our 100% positve on this. Thanks for the help. :tu:

2. andi

andi Well-Known Member

Hi James257, welcome to the group! I had a similar experience when I started my new diet and exercise plan, along with horrible abdominal pains, diahrrea, nausea, the works- talk about a pregnancy scare!! Now I'm all normal and running smoothly... and not pregnant. I attribute most of it to my radical change in diet. I would agree that there's no reason to get worked up at this point. Give it a few more days.

3. James257

James257 Well-Known Member

Thanks Andi! :tucool: