1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Pulled Muscle, Pinched Nerve? Weak Left Arm

Discussion in 'General Health/Fitness & Injuries' started by tommyzDad, Feb 24, 2016.

1. tommyzDad

tommyzDad Active Member

Well it's simply this: My left arm has become significantly weaker than my right, and I have no idea how it developed. :bang:

My triceps routine consisted of skull crushers or close grip b. press, or dumbbell triceps extension, followed by dips on the Cybex Pull-up / Dip Machine. After tri's I do chest (just one exercise).

About a week ago I began in earnest my triceps routine with dumbbell extensions. I started with a lite weight to warm up and I was shocked when I found my left arm shaking from just holding the bell overhead. When I began to lower the bell, I found I could barely keep control of the dumbbell. It took massive effort to extend my arm to raise the bell to the starting position! Frustrated after just two reps, I switched the bell to my right hand--No problems! I banged out rep are rep for three sets!

I do recall during one of my earlier dip sessions I felt a slight "pull" around my left shoulder, nothing painful, certainly nothing I've not felt before.

There is no pain in either my arm or shoulder--it's just weak!

Maybe I need to give my arms and delts more recovery time?