1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 or Xbox?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by TFXP-Zeke01, Apr 6, 2004.

?

PS2 or Xbox game console

1. PS2

23 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Xbox

23 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. MAXOUT

MAXOUT Well-Known Member

XBOX!
    Im addicted to Counterstrike for the XBox! I play that at least 3 hours a day!

2. TFXP-Zeke01

TFXP-Zeke01 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, Splinter Cell, Max Payne, and Hitman are my favorite style games.:) I have Hitman 1 and 2 for PC, but I'd assume that Hitman 3 will be above the requirements of poor, outdate PIII...haha. I'm leaning more towards the Xbox now.

3. jtelling

jtelling Well-Known Member

Xbox + Xbmp = :)

XBOX for sure!

once it's modded (can be done without buying a modchip), you can do anything you want to it. I've got XBMC (Xbox Media Center) and love it. it'll network up to your PC so you can play AVI, MPG, MOV, etc off the network. plus, backing up games to the HD means minimal load times. also, they have all the emulators available for the thing, so you can play every single old game (NES, SNES, Nintendo64, Sega Master System, Geneis, etc) out there... provided, of course, you can aquire the ROM file for it.

do it!

4. GiantJay

GiantJay Well-Known Member

XBOX - Halo is the greatest game ever created and it is only on XBOX. I Have Splinter Cell Pandora tomorrow and it ROCKS!

5. TFXP-Zeke01

Well, I bought the Xbox, a memory card and Splinter Cell 2(Pandora Tomorrow), yesterday. So far, I love it. I'm just now getting used to the damn contoller. There are many buttons and it's kinda funky using the lil joy stick directional thingies, but it's coming along. I just got done beating the first part of Splinter Cell 2. Thanks for all the advice guys.

6. hatter

hatter Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Good choice. Don't forget to grab the Xbox Live kit. If you like racing games, snag Project Gotham II Racing.

For PC, I just got Far Cry. Unbelievable game! They say it is the best single player since Half-Life. :D

7. darkeblue

darkeblue Well-Known Member

ha-ha. Command and Conquer!?!?!? Good thing you never played Warcraft 3...it is miles ahead of CC and WAY better....I was addicted to this game for about a year! :( :mad:

8. marcus

marcus Well-Known Member

Dont say that :( I'm tempted to go and buy that game now :)

9. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

Warcraft 3 has gone down in my book as the best, most addicting game I have EVER played. I recently had to force myself to stop playing because for over 1 year it took over my life. And I MEAN that! I played literally 2-8 hours on any given day.

10. TFXP-Zeke01

Far Cry will be out for Xbox as well as the other consoles soon from, what I heard. It will be in my collection also. As with Hitman: Contracts.:) These are about the only type games I like and probably will allow time for. I'm gonna try to limit my gaming to weekends only, so we'll see how long it lasts..lol!:D I don't want to get extremely addicted.

11. Bo Jones

Bo Jones Well-Known Member

I thought WC3 was aight but it didn't touch StarCraft for how bad I got sucked in. I played hours and hours of StarCraft daily for an entire summer, and did the same thing with Diablo the previous summer.

I have been playing lots of video games as long as I can remember, not even about to enter any kind of "hard-core oldschool vet" type rant but lets just say I'm much more fond of the classics. I have some truly classic favorites on the NES and SNES, bought an N64 and was happy with it because I never thought of buying anything else, even when Final Fantasy moved to Sony. I also bought a GameCube, again without a second thought as to which next gen I wanted.

HUGE MISTAKE. I was under the impression that all the next gen consoles had shitty games and selection, and now I realize it was just GC. I am looking at 2 new Final Fantasy games (my favorite series by far) on the PS2 that I missed, as well as another one (FF8, played 7 and 9) on PSX and a whole nother slew of good RPGs from Square on PSX. I am seriously considering getting a PS2 and hoarding these games and being content for a long ass time - but I'd also need to buy a TV. So tempting....

And for some reason I hate Splinter Cell (1st one) more than life itself. I don't know why but I find it the most hyped game of all time. I thought the controls sucked and I stopped playing after the first level (which does skew my opinion but still...)

12. Bo Jones

Bo Jones Well-Known Member

I didn't read the previous posts and see that there WERE actually quite a few GC fans here, so I just want to explain my dislike. Nothing against anybody... (and for reference I am/was a Nintendo fanboy)

1.) Wind Waker was not fun. I have like 1 or 2 dungeons left to go I think. I am a huge Zelda fan, Link to the Past is easily top 3 SNES and Ocarina of Time is probly #1 N64. I really don't like the graphics but that is not the only reason why I didn't like the game. I just found it completely repetitive of all the previous games. I thought the puzzles were too familiar, and frankly I found it boring. I see it as a major movement for Nintendo to bank on the "cute factor" of their games to appeal largely to Japanese gamers and younger children, which is fine, but I think they are leaving a large portion of their fanbase behind.

2.) I also didn't find Mario Sunshine to be that great. The graphics are cool and all and the water pack was a good feature but it just didn't play with nearly the same gusto as Mario 64.

3.) Smash Bros Melee. Loved the original, played it to absolute death, and just couldnt milk anything more out of this one.

4.) Metroid Prime? The bomb. Obviously.

I think the trend for me is that three of the big name, Nintendo only titles were just played out for me. I really enjoyed all of their N64 counterparts, and just couldn't get it up to replay a very similar game with better graphics. Metroid is another franchise but by creating a radical new approach to the game I guess they made it interesting enough for me to go back to it (although I would admittedly play an endless stream of Super Metroid clones). Just my $0.02

13. SLUDGE

SLUDGE Well-Known Member

Agreed 100%. The Gamecube's got the four player party games for social gatherings. It complements a highend PC best (which I use for antisocial gaming on the Internet.)

I've got a library of about 30 gamecube games here at the office and it gets played every week. The PS/2 and Xbox hardly get turned on.

14. TFXP-Zeke01

Gotta exercise those thumb muscles too!;) Just don't forget about "overtraining" and make sure to get adequate post-workout(game play) nutrition.:D Also, don't forget to go back to work...haha!