1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Prioritizing Protein Powder

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by TylerGred, Jul 2, 2006.

1. TylerGred

TylerGred Well-Known Member

I was reading an article by Dr. Berardi and he recommends prioritizing protein powders. For instance over the course of 12 weeks use mainly a blend, then switch to mainly whey isolate, then a slow absorbing casein powder. He said not to use the particular powder exclusively, but just to use it more.

What are your thoughts? I only use Nitrean. I don't plan on following his recommendations, but was just seeing if anyone does this. I love Berardi, but sometime I think he's too much into the science of training/nutrition. I can see why prioritizing your powder can work, makes sense, I just don't see how it can make that much of a difference.

Opinions...

2. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Article? I've read he suggests cycling different brands to prevent food intorlances - nothing about types of proteins.

He has the same advice has most coaches - protein blends for MRP's and whey post workout.

3. TylerGred

TylerGred Well-Known Member

It was an article posted in Mens Health (I think) a long time ago. A friend of mine said something about it the other day with made me think of it. I'll try to dig it up and scan it. It might have been on his website...