1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Pre Workout

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by MikeMcKraut83, Aug 6, 2014.

1. MikeMcKraut83

MikeMcKraut83 Member

What do you use? I take 1600 mg of Beta Alanine and a scoop of GNC brand Energy Enhancing Formula drink. Seems to work OK.

2. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

First welcome to the forums.

Most days I work out early in the morning and I can't eat when I first get up. Therefore my usual pre workout is coffee. Post workout is a protein shake.

3. chris mason

chris mason Well-Known Member
    Official Sponsor

4. AlwaysGrowing2015

AlwaysGrowing2015 New Member

To be honest - you're doing it right already.

Usually Beta Alanine, BCAAs, Caffeine, and Creatine make up the "pre" fundamentals.. all of which or most of which I'm sure you are getting in your energy enhancing formula drink...

You say that it seems to work OK - what are you looking for? More mental stimulation? More power to pump harder? More energy to last longer?

Try a very small cup of coffee. Like a shot or two at most - along with your current setup. You might notice that little burst of more energy that you were looking for.

Mostly - you will get a FAR greater result from doing things like having proper form, having higher quality sleep, proper diet, and managing stress levels than you will from any supplement - although if you doing all of this right from the get-go that small bit of caffeine might be just what you need/want.

Full Disclosure - I work for Champion Performance in a role that sits between our chemists and our marketing department so I know and understand a fair bit about this stuff, but there really is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer :/

5. Steel Dylan

Steel Dylan New Member

I also take 800mg of Beta Alanine. It promotes high energy levels and supports maximum muscular endurance and improved performance. Buy the way it also work very well with creatine. I suggest you to use it in powder rather than pills (cheaper, and act faster)

6. chris mason

chris mason Well-Known Member
    Official Sponsor

Try www.atlargenutrition.com - Pre-Workout - we have both an all natural version and one with artificial sweeteners. Both have the same potent active ingredients. Use the code JSF to save!