1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Powertec Rack - Lat Tower Option Color

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by coda, Apr 24, 2007.

1. coda

coda Active Member

Those of you with the Lat Tower Option - What color is yours? I have just received my order, and the Lat Tower is a lightish grey, while the rack itself is dark gray almost black, exactly what you see in the pictures on the Powertec web site.

The few glimpses that you get of the tower color on the powertec web site look to me like matching the rack in color, i.e. also dark gray.

Somewhere I read that Powertec had changed the color scheme to the darker color some time ago.

A second issue is the documentation. The documentation on the rack itself was really simple to understand and pretty complete, the documentation for the tower has one exploded view, which I'm told doesn't even match the unit as delivered. So how this ends up being assembled is an exercise left to the end user. Not helpful.

So I'm wondering whether I have old stock mixed with new, or whether this is, as the the dealer claims, how Powertec is shipping the equipment nowadays.

Can anybody give me a heads up?

Thanks

2. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

The only thing I know if you are in USA is the tech people are one of best in business or so says Kino in our group. Give them a call.

3. coda

coda Active Member

Unfortunately, I'm in Germany. Otherwise I would have dealt with them direct. (Chose them based on the good feedback here.)

4. AnonIMust

AnonIMust Well-Known Member

Can't help on the color - mine are both graphite dark gray.

I can agree that the exploded view of the tower is:
    a) slightly incorrect
    b) not very helpful

I recommend you get a friend and jump in to the installation. Take your time and you will have no trouble doing it - just will take a while.

I seem to recall a post or two on installation. If I find them, I will link them here.

5. coda

coda Active Member

Thanks, that exactly what I want to know.

How old is your rack?

I am sure I can get the thing assembled. Before I'm try I want to know if I've received the right tower. At the premium we pay on the price here in Europe, I'm not sure that what I have received is acceptable.

Thanks for your input.

6. AnonIMust

AnonIMust Well-Known Member

Tower and Rack are both ~1 year old. The only real difference between the tower itself and what was on the diagram is they replaced the previous solid tower cover with a transparent plexi-style one.

I hope you have emailed them, I found their response to be good.

7. Lo7us

Lo7us Active Member

Hi ,

i ordered my lat machine ( powertec ) in germany too . Is the single station lat . Is in backorder , i waited a long time for that , i think i will cancel and get something else , and get the lat machine from another shop ( that has that dark color )
    However i saw that on another guy , the color is grey NOT dark .

That wasn't a wise think to do ( change the color ) , 1. because the components will not match so good , 2 . The old dark was better than this ...

P.S - Trust me , in germany prices are not premium .....just look at olympians in Italy ....800 $ ( 600 € ) JUST for the Powertec rack ......