1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Power Cage

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by dledeaux, Nov 9, 2013.

1. dledeaux

dledeaux Well-Known Member

So, it's been a few years since I've been actively involved in fitness. I'm getting the itch again, but my ex got all my strength training gear in my divorce years ago.

I'm really leaning towards a power cage. My wife is all of 100 lbs and there is no way she could spot me. I prefer it over a smith since the bar is not captive and I still get to work stabilizers.

I'm just a little overwhelmed at the options and have no idea about the quality of some of the gear, so I'm turning here for some opinions.

Previously, I had the Weider weights that Sears sells. They were inexpensive, heavy, and functional. So if I have to buy pieces/parts, I'll probably go that route, however if someone knows of a setup that includes everything in one, I'd be interested in that too.

I'm looking at a budget of no more than $1000 for cage, weights and bench. I'd really like a cage that has the row option.

And that's about all I can think of at this time ... so, any suggestions?

2. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

3. vanderlinden

vanderlinden Member

4. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member

I have something like this rack. Does everything I need it to, and hasn't tipped yet.

My hope, however, is to build one of these in the basement sometime in the next few months.

Jaer
    likes building stuff.