1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

post-workout candy

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by tammy, Oct 22, 2004.

1. tammy

tammy Well-Known Member

I remember that there was a thread about using sweettarts for post-workout because they were made of dextrose. I looked at ingredients and I noticed that they also have something called "maltodextrine" or "maltodextrose" in them. I was just wondering if anyone knew what this was - is it just dextrose in a different form?

There are several candies that are primarily dextrose. I think I saw runts, gobstobbers, bottlecaps. But they also have corn syrup and the maltodextrine as the 2nd and 3rd ingredient.

Smarties are just dextrose (1st ingredient), citric acid, calcium stearate, and artificial flavorings and colorings.

Honestly, I don't really understand the whole dextrose thing and am basically just trying to do what people on the board say. I was just wondering if these would still be good for post workout even though they had the maltodextrine and corn syrup. How much are you supposed to eat?

Since I'm not really looking to get into that super tip top shape I tend to not get into all the supplements, but I figure this would be a pretty easy and inexpensive way to aid the process.

p.s. thanks to everyone answering all the questions I've been posting since joining this board.