1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Post pregnancy Routine

Discussion in 'Female Health & Fitness' started by user786, Jul 1, 2009.

1. user786

user786 Active Member

Hi
    Could any of you point me in the right direction
    for devising a post pregnancy workout for my wife.

She is New to lifting.

thanks

2. curvature

curvature Well-Known Member

How about a shot at the Body for Life program? It's a simple routine and splits upper and lower body; three weight days a week and three cardio days a week. The information is available at bodyforlife.com, and of course, there's a book.

3. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

4. Chopaholic

Chopaholic Well-Known Member

Is there something particular to post-pregnancy that she's interested in? :confused:

Unless there's something particular that post-pregnancy means to her or you that's going right over my head, I'd just get her sorted out with an introduction to lifting. I like both of the previous suggestions. :)

5. user786

user786 Active Member

she just wants to get rid of the excess weight she put on and tone up etc..i was suggesting she should start incorporating some weights (starting light at first or bodyweight squats etc) ..wasnt sure if there was a time period she should wait with starting a weights routine "post pregnancy " thats all that really refers to.:)..

i think she likes BFL program.:tu:

6. malnar

malnar Active Member

My wife & I both lost weight with Body for Life - it is a good starter program for "easing" into a healthier lifestyle.

I wish I had done some things different when I did that program however:

1) Logging food - I cut my portion size back and moved to 6 meals a day, but when I started logging I realized I had much more daily calorie variation than I thought. I also ate WAAAAY more carbs than I thought I did.

2) Pictures - I didn't take starting pics. I SOOO wish I had them now.

3) We found the "body for life for women" after we'd already started. My wife tweaked things for her after reading it.

If your wife is more disciplined and wants to jump in with both feet, I'd recommend contacting mastover (www.mastover.com) - My wife and I have had SIGNIFICANTLY more progress in MUCH less time than with Body for Life. We are just finishing our first 3 months with him and my wife lost 20 pounds in that time. Her username is candykisses and her journal is in the members section if you want to see pics, etc.

7. spatzcat_11

spatzcat_11 Active Member

Did she try it? how is it going?