1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Portioned "Clean" Food Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by eccent, Apr 29, 2007.

1. eccent

eccent Active Member

Hey Dan, guess chocolate shouldn't be on your forbidden food list. You've made a reasonable remark "There are some good things in dark chocolate: less sugar, more cocoa (which has a lot of advantages: energy, stamina, etc),.. " on that. :p

And salad yeah... good for you. Way to go.....:tucool: :claphigh: I had a big bowl of salad too on Friday.

BUT I've got to argue on the sugar thing. Coz the last time I checked the nutritient label, for the same brand of chocolate, Milk cholate contains 33% sugar whereas dark chocolate contains 42% sugar. I guess the sugar is to make up for the lack of milk and also the bitter taste of more cocoa mass/fats. However milk chocolate definitely taste sweeter than dark choc.

2. eccent

eccent Active Member

Congrats on the 0.6kg of fats loss! There's rather good for 1 week. :D And you've lost 0.5% body fat! There's another cool thing. I've about 0.6-0.8 kg this past week as well. The weight loss juz showed up 2 days ago and I juz can't believe it. I wonder whether is the loss supposed to be gradual like 0.1 on one day then down by 0.2 on the next? Anyway the thought of the loss creeping back is in the corner of my mind. I guess the best we can do is to stick to the plan :lol:

3. eccent

eccent Active Member

Mon 7th May - Sun 13th May 2007

My Clean definition: Natural, High fibre content, Low fat content, Low saturated fats, Oil-free to a little oily food
    Present obstacles to overcome:

Bread-easy thing to prepare for breakfast and snack-But it's processed and it's just that I'm carb-sensitive. hahaha The last time I add it to my meals and snacks, it doesn't help at all.

Sugar-it's always in any of the cold drinks-It's BAD. Final. Period.

Base on my minimum food intake of 1400Cal

Lessons from last challenge:
    Mon 7th May:

THE GOOD: Green tea, Soy milk, cereals

THE BAD:
    Popcorn, Choc milkshake (small)

THE PORTION:
    Quite good.

THE TOTAL:
    2300Cal!

Tue 8th May:

THE GOOD: Vegs, apple, guava THE BAD: Dessert that's made of plain flour and coconut milk

THE PORTION:
    so so.

Wed 9th May:
    THE GOOD: apple, low-fat milk THE BAD: Lots of sweetened drinks

THE PORTION: not bad.

Thu 10th May:

THE GOOD: nuts and fish snacks THE BAD: sweetened drink, Oreo biscuits.

THE PORTION: ok

Fri 11th May:
    THE GOOD: nuts and fish snacks THE BAD: sweetened drink, Oreo biscuits.

Sat 12th May:

THE GOOD: nuts, guava, peanut butter THE BAD: sweetened coffee, condensed milk

Sun 13th May:
    THE GOOD: peanut butter, fish and nuts snack, brown rice, ginger, wholewheat bread, sunflower seeds THE BAD: candies & sweets, sugar (for cocoa drink)

Mon results: I'm not feeling full at all. All the big calories come from the soy milk and chocolate milkshake! Oh myyy:cry:..... No more big calories this week.. -_-" :spank::bang: More calories was added as late night snacking was done.:spank:

Ok.... I was so lazy for this week that I didn't even bother to complete the challenge!! :spank: I updated it on 1st June 2007. Imagine that! After looking at my food journal.... I really need to eat cleaner food!

I guess that's the format I'll be using. Good, bad, portion. :eat:

#23 eccent, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  4. DarkCloud

DarkCloud Active Member

Thank you very much eccent and congratulations for your weight loss too.

About the variation of the weight loss: I weight myself everyday. Of course, this is debatable, as there is a lot of variations due to the water you have in your body, how much food you still have to digest in your intestines, etc. However, I thought that it will be encouraging to see some progress everyday and, failing that, to remember to be more persistent.

Funny stuff happens with the body fat percentage: the day after weightlifting, the bfp is lower. I guess that the muscles are bigger :)

5. eccent

eccent Active Member

Thanks DarkCloud for joining me in this challenge. It's been an encouraging time to have someone to account to and a great time meeting you here.:tu:

That's cool though;). I'll remember to check mine out sometime too.

6. DarkCloud

DarkCloud Active Member

Thank you for the kind words and setting up the challenge. Nice meeting you too.

Good luck and see you around in the forum.

Cheers,
    Dan