1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Please Make Me A Daily Meal Plan!

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by JZeratul, Feb 22, 2004.

1. JZeratul

JZeratul Well-Known Member

Alright, I am 18 years old and still in high school. It is very difficult for me to know what foods to eat and to be able to do a solid meal plan to lose weight. I am about 190lbs right now and I want to get down to about 170lbs. I don't know what foods to eat and which ones to stay away from. I can't really eat 6 or 7 times a day like you are supposed to in order to speed up my metabolism, so I need a good solid 3 or 4 meals a day plan. Would John or someone who knows what they are talking about be willing to make me a daily meal plan for a week that will help me meet my goals? I would greatly appriciate it.

2. Trinity

Trinity Well-Known Member

John actually has all his meal plans made up on his homepage. You should check them out and study them because those can teach you a lot about what kinds of foods you should be eating. You mention that you cannot eat 6 or 7 times a day, but I see that as a matter of attitude. I was in high school not too long ago, and we were allowed to eat in class. You must pack a lunch; can you not pack a healthy snack as well? If you aren't allowed to eat during class, there's always passing period--the seven minutes or so between classes.

3. JZeratul

well

Seeing as that I have 4-5 minutes in between classes, it would be a chore, but yes, possible. As for studying and using John's meal plans, I understand, but I am just not in the kind of position to be able to cook up boneless chicken breast all the time and I don't have the kind of money to spend on supplements. Plus I am lazy and I will probably screw it up, so it is better if someone who already knew what they were talking about could do it for me as it would save me a lot of time and trial and error.

4. Trinity

Trinity Well-Known Member

It's okay, you don't need supplements. You are young and presumably healthy, and that's the best supplement of all. Plus, you have all those raging teenage hormones to fuel muscle development, right? ;)

As for cooking chicken breasts, it's really not that hard. I think if you spoke to your mom or whoever does the grocery shopping about your plans, she would be well abliged to help you. She might just want to eat healthier herself, and would be happy to make grilled chicken and green beans for dinner instead of lasagna. If, however, she is reluctant to create healthier meals, you'll have to decide how much of a priority eating well is to you. I strongly believe that if you decide to do something and commit yourself 100%, you will succeed. When you say things like, 'I don't have time,' or 'Somebody else make the meal plan for me,' it doesn't seem like you want this very badly. The things that are worthwhile in life are not easy. If this is important to you, you will make this happen regardless of your circumstances. Maybe you have better things to do with your time, though. You're in high school after all, working hard to get good grades, having fun, playing sports, and trying to discover who you are. It's up to you to decide how to prioritize things. Once you decide what's most important to you, go after it with a vengeance! You cannot succeed if you never try.

5. fluke

fluke Well-Known Member

Yes.

We have a hard enough time structuring our own diets figuring out what works for us. We cant do it for you, especially if you're going to reject items because you 'dont have time'. You cant eat chicken because you dont have time to cook? All meat has to be cooked, and you need to eat meat. So what are you going to do? Either cook in batches, or eat precooked meats.

Oats, whey, meat, and vegetables. Make those the staples of your diet, and figure out what works for you.

Suppliments arn't nessisary, especially if youre not very serious.

If you really wanted to do things right, you'd count calories and keep a balanced carb/protien/fat ratio. But you're not going to do that, are you.

Nobody is going to lay a diet out for you. And if they do, they deserve a smacking. As Trinity said, you already have a diet laid out, Johns diet, which is a great diet and nobody here could offer you better advice then what you would find in there. If you're serious, just adopt his diet as best you can, substituting items you dont want for ones you do. Just stick to the oats, whey, meat, and vegetables.

6. SithLord

SithLord Well-Known Member

Wow fluke, puttin the smack down :D ...... your positvily right though, the only person that can change your diet is yourself. JZeratul your going to have to get yourself in gear man! Take a little effort and see what works, 4-5 mins you can eat a protien bar..... and I wasn't in school that long ago to know that you can probably get away with eating a little snack in class :nod:

Good Luck! stay positve

7. baldridges

baldridges Well-Known Member

Ok, try this

As said before, any diet is going to take some work, but try this. It isn't perfect, but since you can't take the time to eat when it is most beneficial, here is my suggestion:

Breakfast: whey protein shake and 2 cups cooked oatmeal

Passing period: 1/4 cup almonds

lunch: chicken breast (Tyson sells pre-cooked chicken in packs that are refrigerated, just take them out and eat them. Try these if nothing else) on top of 2 cups spring mix salad, 2 tablespoons oil and vinigar dressing (get Ken's brand, it's the cheapest)

as soon as you get home from school: 1 cup egg beaters, or 4 egg whites with 1 serving whole grain pretzels. make the egg beaters with a little olive oil in the pan to help out with your calories

Dinner: if you have to, have some more chicken, or another lean meat would be better (i.e. salmon or tuna) with 1-2 cups green beans or broccoli.

This isn't the perfect diet, but better than nothing, and doesn't require much work.

8. JZeratul

Thank you baldridges

Thank you baldridges. At least someone helped me out instead of just insulting my intelligence. All I wanted was some simple advice to what I should and shouldn't be eating. What I got was all was rudeness and people rambling about John's diet. "LOOK WHAT JOHN DID, HE DID EVERYTHING RIGHT, BOO HOO HOO." This forum is supposed to be helpful and informative, people like Trinity are just condesending and rude. This is not acceptable. Just because I am in high school is not an excuse for rudeness. I apologize for asking for help.

Thanks again to baldridges.

9. taffer

taffer Well-Known Member

i think your being completly rude and insulting to all the members that have actually helped you

its not like we can create diets for everyone that comes along, we dont know your likes/dislikes, when your workout is, there is 1000000 other factors that we would have to take into consideration
    if you want the best results you are going to have to do the research we all did, and create a diet to suit your tastes and lifestyle

also do look and take SUGGESTIONS from johns diet, to form your own, then do more research and form something for yourself

goto www.fatlosstips.com
    www.bodybuilding.com (forums too)

that will give you some good grounding, read up, and read alot

dont expect the members here to spoon feed you what you need to do, and spend hours of their time formulating a diet cos you cant be f*cked, and its that attitude that will having being overweight for a long time

remember its a lifestyle change, not just a quick fix, this change includes being more motivated and less lazy

10. fluke

fluke Well-Known Member

No offence, JZ, but you are a total ass.

We are here to help, and be helped, and in fact DID help you. But you want is someone to coddle you like a child.

If you asked "what foods should I be eating?" that would be a different story, but still, I told you what foods you should be eating. And now you say "All I wanted was some simple advice to what I should and shouldn't be eating." BS! Ask specific questions for specific answers. Ask vague questions for vague answers. But to ask a very vague question and expect a specific answer is totally unreasonable.

How did I figure out what to eat? I looked at what John ate! And yet, this, to you, is bogus advice. What did Baldriges tell you? Why, he gave you a list of foods that John eats, with a schedual that works for you. Why couldnt you figure that out? Because you are lazy and you want to be coddled.

You said you were lazy. You said "I am not in a position to [...] cook all the time".

It seems like you want a full on fitness and nutrition trainer to tell you exactly what to do, and when we say "Heres some advice, but you gotta figure out what works for you", you insult us.

Heres my suggestion to you. Print this thread out, tuck it away somewhere, and read it again in 5 years. By that time you will be old enough to realize you that you were acting like a child.

#10 fluke, Feb 23, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  11. fluke

fluke Well-Known Member

w3rd. He doesnt have enough time in his 'busy life' so he wants to use our time instead, because our time means nothing to him. And we're the ones who're rude.

Hey! Trinity just changed her Avatar to Gwen! :drool:

12. funtax

funtax Well-Known Member

Fluke is right, albeit a tad harsh. Any diet we come up with will be difficult for you to follow. You'll either be dedicated enough to do things right or it won't work at all. There really aren't shortcuts in that regard.

That being said, PLAN PLAN PLAN. Pack a bunch of easy, healthy, portable stuff every day. A bag of carrots, a tuna sandwich with fat free mayo on wheat bread, a 1/2 cup of nuts or (better yet) soy nuts. Think of things you can eat while you walk between classes that don't need to be heated up or prepped at all. Grab a couple of protein bars (I like EAS bars, personally) and throw them in your bag.

Once you have a handful of "modular" foods that you can eat on the go, just make sure to eat them at the right time.

Assuming your school day starts around 8:00, try this:

7:00 (or whatever) - eat a GOOD breakfast. Egg white omelette, whole wheat toast, BIG glass of water and a multivitamin.
    10:00 (or thereabouts) - snack
    12:00 (or whenever you have lunch) - sensible lunch. Lean meat sandwich, no cheese, no mayo. Carrot sticks or some other veggies. BIG glass of water.
    3:00 - snack
    6:00 - Dinner. Again, sensible. Look at John's meals.
    9:00 - snack.

The only hard parts will be fitting in that 10:00 AM snack because you'll have to do it at school. The 3:00 and 9:00 snacks can probably be done at home, unless your schedule is really funky.

Read John's meal plans, read the TONS of "Give me diet advice" threads on the forums, etc. Also, as I assume you live at home, talk to your family. Let them know your plans, what sort of things you can/can't eat and ask them to help you out. It's hard to stay on a diet if your parents are dumping pizza in front of you three times a week.

Finally, let yourself cheat once a week. Save it for the weekend, then go out with your friends and eat something stupid. It'll keep you sane.

13. StealthRapt0r

StealthRapt0r Well-Known Member

:tu:

14. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

STOP THIS.

I think some of you need to review the Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines; particularly rules #1 and #3.

I'm serious, people - I'm not putting up with this crap. If you have a problem with a post, report it--don't respond. Thanks.

JZeratul, no one was being rude to you. This forum is all about providing help for people who are NOT lazy (as you described yourself to be) and are willing to work very hard and learn. We're all happy to answer well-thought out questions, but no one is going to hand you a magic bullet. Taffer and Fluke should have said it more politely, but they're right about why a post like yours is basically unanswerable.

With an attitude like the one you've displayed here today, Trinity was a far more polite and helpful than I would have been. Your response was uncalled for, and not acceptable here. I suggest you re-examine your reasons for being here, and decide if you are willing to put the time and effort into learning enough to decide for yourself what's best for YOU.

15. fluke

fluke Well-Known Member

John, I appologize. I will use more tact in the future.