1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me with my routine

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by tammy, Jul 6, 2007.

1. tammy

tammy Well-Known Member

Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 110

waist measurement: 28"
    lower abdominals: 32"
    hips: 34.5"

Available equipment: dumbbells, weight bench, barbell

Goals in order:
    1. Cut 3-4 inches from waist
    2. Overall toning
    3. If possible, put a little meat on my chest, butt, and hips.

My body is really straight up and down and I'd like to get a curvier shape. I'm small, but with a bad fat:muscle ratio. I gain most of my weight around my middle.

I try to do cardio every day, but admittedly, it tends not to be as intense as it should be. I've just started doing weights and am trying to figure out a good routine. Sorry, I'm not completely sure if I have the names of the exercises right.

Truthfully, I don't know if I even can do this routine in the shape I'm in, but I"m trying to lay out a plan to help me make sure I do the weights every day.
    Sun:
    4X8 dumbbell curl
    4x8 tricep extensions
    4x8 palms up wrist curl
    4x8 palms down wrist curl
    4x8 alternated dumbbell press

Mon:
    3x10 front lunges
    3x10 side lunges
    3x10 squats
    3x25 kneeling back kick
    3x15 toe raise

Wed:
    4x10 push ups
    3x8 butterflys
    3x10 dumbbell rows
    3x10 dumbbell dead lift
    3x10 dumbbell shrugs

Fri:
    3x15 dumbbell side bends
    3x15 bend to opposite foot
    4x15 crunches
    4x15 legg pull ins
    3x10 lying side leg raise

I've tried to do the small meals at the recommended calories for my size, but I can't seem to lose weight doing it that way. I used to be 105, and even then I had a doughy stomach. In the past year, I gained about 10 pounds and I've lost about 5 of it in the past month dieting the "bad" way because I really didn't like the way I look. I'm trying to do it the "right" way now but, if anything, the small meals make me gain weight even though I"m still only consuming 1000-1500 calories a day (up from 500-800 before).