1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

PhillyDude 2019

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by phillydude, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Math skills, in this case you're better off erring so that you actually walked more than you thought. What a bummer it would have been to recalculate and find the true number to be 99.75. :bang:

2. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah I thought about that but I figured that there must be some kind of margin of error in the process of using satellite photos to determine distances traveled. In the military, probably not. On my home PC, yup.

3. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Not to be macabre or even hint at the dark side, but for us civilians tracking what you did with that margin of error is not huge deal, but a cruise missile being off that much is a biggie. All relative and, once again, I'm happy that your reached your goal.

4. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    Update time! :thanks:

I am living in my house now (as opposed to the apartment), and I'll compare the experience to long-term camping. Contractors are still on a daily basis... and it's almost a full time job to keep up with the work being done by them, let alone what I am doing myself. We are coming into slow season at work, so I will be living there for several weeks at a time each month, so that makes things a little easier.

I also have 90% of my gym equipment at work now, and with the rest of the pieces in place and some set-up, I'll have a functional workout space for the winter. I am now 30 days into the push-up challenge and still on track to meet my goal of 100 by 1/1. I have been doing OK nutritionally but not great. Eating less but not eating with purpose has kept me looking somewhat decent for photos etc.

With a much-needed and well-deserved vacation for a week in Sedona AZ in my rear view mirror, I'm focused on finishing the year strong. The trip was possibly the best I've ever taken, and I've been in a lot of places. The terrain simply was incredible... no matter where you looked, you just had to stop for a second and process the surroundings.

I was able to do things I never dreamed I would, including a yoga session in the middle of the Red Rock Canyons (with a guide/instructor who called himself Yogi Blair - pardon the "I smell a pic-a-nic basket Boo Boo!" pun), and driving off-road for the first time. Here's a taste of that last accomplishment...

#24 phillydude, Oct 23, 2019 at 9:53 AM
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019 at 12:37 PM
  5. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds like a wonderful trip and the view from your off road adventure is great!