1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

PeteBDawg vs ErikTheRed

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by ErikTheRed, Aug 11, 2004.

1. PeteBDawg

PeteBDawg Well-Known Member

It turns out I have a medical problem (unrelated to exercise) that is probably going to require surgery in the very near future (in the next two or three days), followed by a recovery that might be a week or two or might be a month. This might take me off my pace a bit, as it'll probably be inadviseable to work out while recovering from this surgery (depending upon what procedure they choose to do, it might involve a lot of stitches).

So, if I vanish for a few weeks or my updates don't come promptly, that's why. The challenge is long enough that I should definitely be able to keep it an interesting contest (although I dare say Erik's already outpacing me ;) ), but for the time being, my participation will probably have to wane a bit.

Sorry about that.

-Pete

2. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

October 11th

3. PeteBDawg

Week #10 - The Prodigal Challenger Returns

Okay, so a lot's been happening - I switched jobs, I had a medical problem that required surgery, I lost my health insurance, I didn't get the surgery, I hoped and prayed the problem would respond to antibiotics, which it did, thankfully, so I can put off the surgery until April. I've finally settled down in my new job, and I'd like to say I've more or less kept on track through all of it. My cut has slowed down, but I've already lost fifty pounds; it was bound to do that sooner or later. I reworked my routine and upped the lifting, I started doing deadlifts and squats, and here I am, week 10, weighed in this afternoon at an even 180, which is 15 pounds less than 10 weeks ago, right on pace. Like clockwork!!

I apologize for being a delinquent Erik, and I see you've met somebody else in a different challenge thread. I'm not going to stand in your way, I just want you to be happy ;) But I'll still post pictures here.

I think this is technically an "off" week, but now that I've finally gotten myself together a bit, I figured I'd post pics anyway. So, here's what I look like now. Unfortunately, my skin's a little paler, but still not as pasty as it was back at the beginning.

Attached Files:

4. PeteBDawg

And, just to motivate myself a little more, here's some side by side comparisons from now and the beginning of the contest.

It ain't over yet! Two more months to go!

Attached Files: