1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

PeteBDawg vs ErikTheRed

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by ErikTheRed, Aug 11, 2004.

1. ErikTheRed

ErikTheRed Well-Known Member

This is a challenge from now until the end of the year. Short term goals are getting down to 15 percent BF/ 185 lbs and long run 175lbs/ 10 % bf.

My stats are:
    Age-21
    Weight- 195 lbs
    BF%-23
    Down from 215

PeteBDawg's stats are
    Age-23
    Weight- 195 lbs
    BF%-23
    Down from 235
    This sounds like the perfect challenge.

Pics will be posted shortly

#1 ErikTheRed, Aug 11, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  2. PeteBDawg

PeteBDawg Well-Known Member

Let's kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy!!!

Here are the terms of the challenge -

The contest will officially begin on Monday, August 16th, 2004 and conclude on Monday, January 3rd, 2005.

On every other Monday, starting this Monday, the competitors will post pictures in the following poses -

Double Bicep
    Back Double Bicep
    Side Flexed
    Front Flexed
    Most Muscular
    Lat Spread

Unflexed pictures and face pictures will be taken at the beginning of the contest and the end of the contest and will be posted at the end of the contest as a final comparison.

The winner of the contest will be decided by a board of judges. The judges will be chosen in early December (to make sure we don't pick somebody who won't be around in January). If you want to be a judge for some reason, post your request and qualifications in this thread.

Of course, the contest will start with a cut, but it isn't strictly a cutting contest. If cutting goals are met, each competitor is free to switch to a bulk if they so choose.

As we have discovered we occupy different sides of the political portcullis, EriktheRed's face will be represented by President George W. Bush and PeteBDawg's face will be represented by Senator John F. Kerry until final pictures are posted. Let that influence you however you want.

Although the picture updates are fairly infrequent, we're going to try to keep the chatter level pretty high with information on the competitors, their workouts, their food strategies, and what have you. So have fun.

Oh, and the prizes have yet to be decided. We'll take suggestions.

Let's have a good, clean fight! Bring it on!!

#2 PeteBDawg, Aug 11, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  3. PeteBDawg

WEEK #1 - 8-16-04 Pictures

Okay, here are my first pictures posted here on this site. I guess these are "before" pictures.

I wish I had a real honest-to-god "before" pictures from when I was 40 pounds fatter than this a year ago, or even 20 pounds fatter just a few months ago, but these'll have to do for "before" pics. I was notoriously camera-shy back then, for good reason.

You will also notice that I have made a statement by including the worst image editing that you have ever seen anywhere on the Internet. I should teach a class. My 24th birthday was yesterday, and, obviously, I didn't get photoshop.

(-EDIT- Erik=, it looks like we can't attach more than 5 images to a message. You want to cut out one of the poses?)

Attached Files:

4. PeteBDawg

As agreed, here's my sixth pose, but we should probably cut it down to 5 or less for convenience sake.

Attached Files:

5. ErikTheRed

I am in Cape Cod and can't post the pictures I took on Monday (cause I don't have a digital.. I just get a cd when I do 1 hour photo. The pics taken Monday will be up BY Thursday for sure. The contest has started!

6. PeteBDawg

Well, it looks like Erik's gone AWOL with his pictures. I hope he's okay.

Know that, as far as I'm concerned, the challenge is still going, even if I must compete alone. I'll post update pictures next Monday.

7. ErikTheRed

Hey EVERYONE!.. I'm soooo sorry about the lack of pick posting. I just moved into my apartment only to wake up middle of the night to vomit.... mold.... lots of mold everywhere. So I moved out and have been staying withsomeone... no internet... NO JSF! I'm tweaking the pics right now and they should be posted in a second. I don't have any photo editing software I can use but I'll make due with what I got. SORRY PETE! The next updated pic post will be this coming Monday... I think its the 30th. Today I weighed in at 188 no shoes and 21% BF BTW. I'M PSYCHED.

8. ErikTheRed

These pics were taken a few days before pete's but there was practically no difference between that friday and monday

9. ErikTheRed

Here are three others. I wasn't sure what the exact poses were I think they should be five.. you are right. How's:
    Front Flexed, Side Flexed. Front Double Bi Back Double Bi Most Muscular.

10. PeteBDawg

Erik! Good to hear you're okay! Good luck dealing with the apartment thing, man!

Those five sound fine to me. I'll have new pictures up next Monday. And I'll try to get my legs in these ones.

I was at 189 lb, 22% BF today (found somebody measuring bodyfat electically on the street), so it looks like I'm keeping pace for now.

I'm definitely winning the "who currently has more hair on his stomach" contest. I'm not sure that's a contest somebody wants to win. In fact, I'm pretty sure it isn't.

And I've got a job interview on Friday, so wish me luck. Maybe when I post my next pictures, I'll be in a whole new profession!

Let's rock and roll!

11. PeteBDawg

WEEK #3 - 9-2-04 Pictures

Okay, better late than never, here are my week three pictures. Most notable should be the new lighting scheme, which I believe is more flattering - I'm down to around 187 now; so I'm still making progress.

Attached Files:

12. PeteBDawg

By the way, anybody who could estimate my BF% from these pictures, I'd appreciate it.

13. PeteBDawg

Presumably, Erik's still dealing with the mold problem at his place. I'll still post week #5 pictures next week, though.

14. ErikTheRed

no mold... I unfortunatley don't have a digital camera so I wait for the pictures to develop.... week3 will be up by tomorrow evening. (the mold is fixed now.. thank God)

15. Paradise Lost

Paradise Lost Well-Known Member

Keep it up guys! Noticing improvements allready Pete. :)

16. ErikTheRed

These are as of September 13th... i missed the last post but that's ok.... i bought a digitial camera.. just for this stuff. I don't feel like i'm loosing weight.. even though the bf and scale tells me.. it looks like i'm bulking. let me know what you think pete.

#16 ErikTheRed, Sep 13, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2004
  17. PeteBDawg

Looking good, Erik! You're putting on some serious pressure :tu: !

I'll have my pictures up tonight, after work. This morning, I weighed in at 184, which sort of passes my original short-term goal. I don't think I'm at as low BF% as I want, so I'm going to set my new short-term goal to cutting down to 175 and seeing where I am when I get there.

18. badgolfer

badgolfer Well-Known Member

Erik I am so glad you bought a digital camera. I was waiting for someone to walk into the bathroom while you stand there in your underwear taking pictures of yourself. Nobody would have understood.

19. ErikTheRed

badgolfer...that would have been an interesting confrontation for the least part..... Pete your changes are awesome too. CONTEST SO FAR SO GOOD. lets BRING IT ON!

20. PeteBDawg

WEEK #5 - 9-13-04 Pictures

Okay, here are my pictures for this week. My last pictures were taken 11 days ago, these just now. This'll probably be my tannest update for a while, as my time in the sun shirtless is likely to do nothing but disappear now that September is here. I guess some people will be wearing white after Labor Day . . .

Attached Files: