1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Peanut Butter Sandwich

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by mastover, Aug 24, 2012.

1. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

When I was a kid going to grade school my mom would make my lunch and pack it in my Spiderman lunch box and send me on to school. The kids used to make fun of my sister and me because of our unusual sandwiches, but my mom was onto something. Recently, I've been revisiting some of her school lunches and adding a twist to the original.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons peanut butter
    2 slices 12 grain bread, toasted
    3 slices low fat crispy turkey bacon
    1/2 apple, cored and sliced thin, 1/8 inch thick
    Directions

Spread peanut butter onto one side of one slice of toast. Place slices of bacon onto the peanut butter and then the apple slices. Top with the other slice of bread.

This works great as listed, but it gets even better if you use a ripe pear or Asian pear. Sprinkle some raisins on the open faced sandwich, then add in the thinly sliced (about 1/8 of an inch) pears, then finish with a dash of cinnamon powder, and you are good to go. I did this sandwich today, along with a Beverly Int'l protein shake, and trust me... I had myself a Party! :)

Oh... And make sure to account for the calories and macro's!! :)

2. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    That's Raycess!

3. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

I make these all the time. 'Cept I like to use real bacon and 100% oatmeal bread the wife buys at Whole Paycheck Foods. Takes less than 10 minutes to make a proper meal. :nod: