1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Peanut-butter fats healthy?

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Ov3rDr1ve, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Ov3rDr1ve

Ov3rDr1ve Member

I'm about to begin a cut, but I don't have enough fats in my daily/weekly fat intake.

I thought about eating 1 sandwich with peanut-butter a day to increase my fat intake. Are peanut-butter fats healthy?

(My other major source of fat is from olive oil mostly, and a little from normal butter, and a tiny bit from milk)

2. leftyx

leftyx Senior Member

Natural peanut butter is very healthy. Salt and peanuts is all that it should contain.

3. wwwolf

wwwolf Member

I like the taste of almond butter better than natural PB. Trader Joe's version is inexpensive (for almond butter) and has 17g of fat in one serving.
    But to answer your question, natural PB is a decent source of good fats. Regular PB is not great, it's loaded with sugars and hydrogenated oil.

4. angryviking

angryviking Active Member

I think it's funny how we refer to the junk with the extra sugar, etc as "regular peanut butter" and we qualify the real stuff as natural :). Not that I'm a natural food nut (pun intended), but the only good thing about "regular" pb is not having to stir it.

5. nullpointer

nullpointer Member

I love crazy richard's.

The only ingredient is peanuts. No salt or anything is added.