1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

PDCA my way to my goals

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by PDCA, Jan 19, 2010.

1. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Thanks Mastover! Although you have helped my confidence and my eagerness to get results. And of course the desire to earn your respect.:nod:
    Today was Delts, Biceps and Triceps. I actually used 25 pound dumbbells! I have never used weight that heavy for arms before. Very shaky afterwards and I know I will be sore tomorrow. Something else I am realizing, is that being in a constant state of soreness is a good thing. My legs hurt all weekend from fridays leg routine and my arms and chest and back will hurt during the week. That's OK, I am learning to love it. :D
    Still gotta get my 60 minute walk in today. It is a beautiful day here in my neck of the woods! Planning on getting some sun and pool time in!

2. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Today is Chest, Back and Abs. Looking forward to moving some weight!! Scale is still sittin' at 159. But I have lost another 1/4 inch off my waist this week!!:D

3. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

With the help of Mastover, I am tweaking some things this week. Just finished my 80 minute walk and drinking some H2O. I am looking at my lab results.
    My triglycerides were of most concern 2 years ago being at 361 (normal range is below 150) They are now at 63. WOW!
    Both my good and bad cholesterol went up, but my overall is 155 (it was 163). My bad cholesterol went up, so now that is my main concern. With my triglycerides coming down so low, my overall cholesterol went down 8 points. :tucool:
    Still no change in the scale this week, steady between 159 and 160. Hope to see some changes soon! Why do I get so impatient?

4. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

The first day of carb cycling. Went very well. I even spent some of the day at the local county fair, and didn't eat a thing there... well, except my protein shake that I took along. Our county fair is this week and I am sure we (the kids and I) will be spending a lot of time there. It feels great to know that I can be there and not be tempted by all the food. I have decided that if I get anything there it will be the fresh grilled or smoked meat. I know that the only thing I can get there is meat. But all the rest sure smells good.
    This is where my resolve to change my health has to be stronger than my desire to eat what I want. And the fact that I wanna see that darn scale lower!
    This is perfect timing to be reporting to Mastover on a daily basis this week. It will keep me accountable and not likely to eat something I shouldn't at the fair. It's gonna be a very busy week. My oldest starts kindergarten this Friday and with the fair going on, we will be out of the house a lot. On the good side... the fair just means more walking!:tu:

5. The_Tic

The_Tic Well-Known Member

Hey, thought I would stop in and see what you have been up to.
    Looks like you are doing well and keeping away from the bad fair food.
    I myself... not. :D I have eaten a couple things for you.
    (Although since Grumpys is smoked...you maaay get away with a beef brisket, but do be aware of the fat content in that too. Feed the bun to an animal.)

6. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Thanks Tic! Yeah, last Friday I had beef brisket at Baumbach's (meat only) and it was so good! Not sure of the fat content though...:( I am sure it isn't high, but since it is shredded, I couldn't cut off the fat. My body seems to do better with beef. I really want a Texas Tenderloin, but since it is breaded and deep fried... no can do.
    I haven't seen you up there, I will be there today and Thursday. My kids however, will be there everyday!
    Thanks for checking in on my progress. It is going well with the help of mastover. Who knows where I would be without his guidance!

7. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Whew, had a busy couple days. Have a pretty busy weekend too!
    Finally made it past the plateau of the last two weeks. The scale read 157 this morning!! I remember several weeks ago, when I said that I couldn't wait to get into the 150's... now I have my sights set on the 140's!:tucool:
    This journey has been amazing and it's not over yet! Sometimes I amaze myself (not meaning to pat myself on the back) but, I can't believe how far I have come. I still can't believe when I don't give into tempting foods, and not wanting to work out. It's the slight edge. It is easy to think that one day won't matter, and it may not, however, it is the compounding over time the things it takes to get you where you want to go. It is easy to do it everyday, but it is easy not to do it too. So good job to everyone out there who is working everyday to reach a goal and pursuing excellence! :bow:

8. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

On the scale this morning... 156! One pound away from 75. And I lost another 1/2 inch off of my waist(now at 32 1/2). I looked back to my stats from the beginning of this journey and my waist was at 42 (after I had lost 7 pounds). So I have lost almost 10 inches off of my waist alone!!
    I know this is going to be a great week. Sticking to the diet that Mastover has me on hasn't been the easiest thing to do, but great things are never easy. It sure has tested my discipline, but I feel so much more empowered when I get through a tough moment. I LOVE the feeling of being in pursuit of a goal.:cool:

9. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Michelle, you work harder, train harder, and display more hard core intensity than the majority of people who are looking for long term transformation. Most people fear the type of effort it takes to reach the top. Fortunately, you are not one of them. :tu:

10. BJ

BJ Active Member

I'd say it's time to post those before and current pics!

11. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Wow... mastover, thanks! Your words encourage me even more!
    The pics will come soon. I guess I keep thinking in my head that my "transformation" isn't done yet, so I am not ready to post them. But I will soon.
    Today was delts, biceps and triceps. It was a great workout. Couldn't even lift my arm to wipe the sweat off of my brow...:eek: Finished my 60 minute walk and now off to the pool to enjoy some sun on one of these last days of summer. I hope you all have a good day!!:D

12. BJ

BJ Active Member

You don't have to wait until the end... let everyone see the journey!

:spaz:

13. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

What a great morning!! Well, for me... my husband, its questionable. I got up this morning to fry him some eggs and he wanted Franks hot sauce in them. I mistakenly got out Tabasco instead. He ate them anyway. :eek: So we will see how he feels later...
    I got on the scale this morning to find it at 155!! That's the 75 pound mark!! I am 3/4 of the way to my goal. 25 more pounds doesn't seem like much. Hard to believe it.
    Today is Chest, Back and Abs. Looking forward to it!

14. BJ

BJ Active Member

Doing fine... but let's just say that a tablespoon of Tabasco and a tablespoon of Franks have totally different effects :mad:

15. BJ

BJ Active Member

And congrats on hitting the 75# lost mark :claphigh: You are awesome :bow:

(now how about those pictures) ;)

16. livedog

livedog Well-Known Member

Congrats on the 75#!

I second the request for pics of the journey!

17. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Ha, ha... funny! :D

75 pounds?!?!?! :claphigh::claphigh::claphigh:

18. BJ

BJ Active Member

Not for me! FIRE IN THE HOLE...

19. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Ok, so my hubby won't get off of my back... he wants me to post some pics. So I am. Just a few face shots.
    The fat pic is of my daughters 1st b-day party (4-19-07). As you can see the 60+ pounds I gained when I was pregnant didn't go anywhere. I was miserable and depressed and tried to eat my sorrows away... My marriage was crappy and my health was pitiful, the only happiness I found was in my kids and in food. But in reality the food was making me more unhappy.:barf::barf:
    The other pic was taken 8-10-10 and was at 70 pounds lost.
    I feel like a completely different person! I will NEVER go back to what I was, it sucked!!
    It took a LOT to post these pics. I am still so embarrassed by what I looked like and never want to see those fat pics again. But I realize that my transformation could inspire someone else and that is the only reason I did post them. And because a few of you have requested them!:tu:

Attached Files:

20. Kachaffeous

Kachaffeous Active Member

Awesome work. You can definitely see the difference. I know what you mean about posting pics. I just started, but didn't post a starting pic yet ( I have them though). I want to wait until I can see some transformation happening.

It funny looking at the starting pics I have and it is not the body image that I have in my brain. It's amazing the disconnect that is going on there.