1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

PDCA my way to my goals

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by PDCA, Jan 19, 2010.

1. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Thanks CHUCKLES! I peeked in your journal and see great progress for you also! I see you are working with mastover too! I have been working with him for 3 weeks and it has been awesome!! He sure knows what he is doing and certainly loves what he does! :nod:
    I will keep my eye on you! We are about the same age. How many children do you have? You look great!

2. CHUCKLES25

CHUCKLES25 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I have one boy, 14 months old.

I was the typical "eating for two" woman, started out at 147 and ended my pregnancy at 200 lbs (eeeek!). I was really doubting whether I'd ever get back in shape, and now I almost am! At least all my clothes fit now. Pre-kid I was always pretty active (triathlons, marathons, hiking), but I underestimated the importance of nutrition so I was never really lean.

We are definitely planning on having a second baby, maybe in late 2011. I am hoping to start out leaner and only gain the recommended 25-35 lbs.......not 55!

How old are your kids? I think I read in your opening post that you have 2? Are you nearing in on your goal? Your progress has been tremendous! I too love working with mastover and am thrilled with the results so far.

3. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Yeah, I never really paid much attention to nutrition until this last year and a half. My kids are 6 and 4. I was around 150 when I got pregnant with my first, but already unhappy with the way I looked. After my second child was born and 6 weeks of bed rest, I found my self at 220. I will be happy when I get to pre-preggo weight, but I really want to get to pre-marriage weight! :lol: That would be 130. I started out at 230, so I felt 100 pounds was a nice even number!!! Like you, I was active before I had my kids, but never thought twice about the food I was eating. I will never go back to that way again!!
    Don't you love fitting into smaller clothes? I never really liked clothes before and now it's kinda becoming a little issue...:D
    Keep up the great work!!

4. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Pleasantly surprised with 161 this morning on the scale. Mastover was right... (imagine that, duh) I am burning fat in my sleep! :tu: This is the week I hit the 150's, and I am 1 pound away from a 70 pound loss! :nod:
    Delts, biceps and triceps today and a 60 minute walk. My legs are still sore from friday's workout. I like it when I am sore, I know I am working hard. My inner thighs have been hurting since friday night, but its all good!
    It's gonna be a great week!

5. BJ

BJ Active Member

You are AWESOME... you should post some of your walking pictures here too (they're beautiful)...

[​IMG]

6. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Wow good job on losing 70 pounds. You will hit your goal in no time. Seeing people succeed really gives me the motivation to know I can do it myself. Good job and I look forward to seeing you hit your goal of a 100 pounds.

7. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Thanks Whoracle! You can do it yourself! I think nutrition is the key and most important thing to master. It took me a long time to get to that point in my thinking. Just keep hanging around here and let the community support you. Being around like minded people is important also! ;)

8. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Today is Chest, Back and Abs. I am ready to hurt again! :lol: Dealing with mother nature this week so I nave added mister motrin to my supplements. Hopefully it won't mess with my weight loss too much.
    Going shopping today to look for some smaller clothes. Since I have been changing sizes frequently, I have been buying my clothes at goodwill. That way they are cheap since I am only in them for a couple months it seems. We have some good ones around here. I can usually find some decent stuff. Can't wait!!

9. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

ALERT!! ALERT!! I hit the 70 pound mark!!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:
    I weighed in at 160 this morning! Wow, it is hard to believe I am only 30 pounds away from my goal. A goal I set a year and a half ago that seemed impossible. But I dream BIG! Unless you tell yourself that impossible is possible, it won't happen! So 30 more pounds. When people see me and comment on my weight, they say "oh, you don't need to lose anymore, you look great now!" I know their intentions are good, but I won't let it stop me. Most people are uncomfortable with others success because it shows their own unwillingness to succeed. I will stay the course. This is why this community is so important, to have support from like-minded people with similar goals... better health. Because lets face it, not too many people out there care about their health...yet.
    Another stepping stone reached, and onto the next one! :tu:

10. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

A four pound drop in two weeks?!?!?! Wow, actually with the amount of muscle you are also gaining, means you dropped more fat than the weight scale indicates! :claphigh:

11. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

damn girl you are MURDERING it!!! inspiring as hell. :tucool:

12. Whoracle

Whoracle Well-Known Member

Big ups on hitting 70 down! over 2/3rds of the way to your goal and you'll hit it before you know it.

13. BJ

BJ Active Member

PROUD OF YOU!!!! I'm a lucky man :dreamy:

14. CHUCKLES25

CHUCKLES25 Well-Known Member

70 LBS......EXCELLENT!!! Whoot Whoot! :tu:

Nice work!

15. george mavridis

george mavridis Active Member

:claphigh: great going there....soon it will be goal goal goal

16. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Thanks everyone!! It has been a great day!! I hope I see the 150's in the next couple days, heck... maybe tomorrow!
    Today was a non-lifting day but got in my 60 minute walk. Diet was right on again! Got some get-togethers this week end, which always involves food. I just need to plan ahead and stick to my plan! We usually cook the meat, so at least I know I can have that... my hubby's smoked brisket is AWESOME!!! Can't wait. It will be a good weekend with friends.
    Tomorrow is legs day. :D

17. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Well, that didn't take long! 159 this morning!! :D
    I haven't seen the 150's since 2003. I was 150 when I got pregnant with my first. And even though I was going to the gym everyday I did not look like I do now. Not even close! Back then, I did not follow a routine, I did not lift heavy and until failure, and I did not even give a second thought to my diet. What a waste of time and money!
    This has been an awesome week! Have a good weekend everyone!;)

18. BJ

BJ Active Member

and... you are looking HOT :dreamy:

19. BJ

BJ Active Member

Aram... thank you! Michelle has totally been kicking butt since starting with you! Thanks for the guidance :bow:

20. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

Ha, no need to thank me... all her success is actually all her fault! :D

She's setting the bar high and showing everyone how to take care of binnisss!!! :claplow: