1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

PDCA my way to my goals

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by PDCA, Jan 19, 2010.

1. justin6case

justin6case Active Member

I've been wondering to myself ever since you posted that last picture if you were really going to be capable of losing a full 100 lbs, not because of lack of dedication but because you just don't seem to have any more to lose without sacrificing some muscle. I think this is a good problem to have. I curious to know your thoughts and if you're still going to try to lose more, especially considering you're gaining muscle now.

2. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

It's the struggle in my head! Right now my focus is to gain a little more muscle. Yes, I will transition into what I call "the shred", but I have to give this time. If it takes me 6 months to get to 130, so be it. I know that once I start leaning out, I can go beyond 130, but I am also trying to get past the number on the scale. It is hard to do since I have been watching it for 2+ years. I am at a point that it is more about how I look and the way my clothes fit, than that number. 140 was a size 9/10 last year, but 140 is a 5/6 this year... know what I mean?
    My thinking has shifted and I feel in more control. I need to feel in control now so that when it is time to lean out I will have more confidence. Leaning out is mostly if not all about diet. And is the most difficult for me. I am not willing to do hours upon hours of cardio, because I don't want to sacrifice muscle. And I need to keep myself in a position of a 14 week contest prep, which I want to do eventually.

3. BJ

BJ Active Member

You are a champion to maintain focus right now Michelle! I love you!

4. BJD77

BJD77 Active Member

I read your journal entry from the first to the end yesterday and holy motivation Batwoman!! Your journey transformation and diligence are amazing!!!

I am seriously envious of your determination and results.

I have been the cliche try fail try fail weight losser after being impatient with results but reading your story was extremely motivating. Being a big girl it is nice to see someone else get the results I hope to achieve.

Thank you for your journal :):):)

Brandy

5. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

WOW! Thanks so much Brandy!!! I appreciate your kind words. I see you have a journal and I will catch up on it! I haven't been journal-ing much lately, because I am just very busy. I am still on track and writing down everything. I think that is an important key- keep a good journal. I have kept track of every weight lifting session I have ever done. I need to be better at transferring it to here.
    Thanks again! I will be checking you out! ;)

6. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

I am in week 5 and doing great! I am still eating a ton of food, and my weight still holds steady. I am making gains in the gym and I am feeling unstoppable! Started to add the running back in to the program. But just twice a week and only running 20-25 minutes. Got a 5k coming up in a month.
    So, a lot of my runner friends have been wanting me to do a half marathon. I have been reluctant because my focus is strength gains right now. BUT I just made the commitment to run a half marathon next year! The deciding factor was my good friend. My best friend from high school has been diagnosed with RA and it is attacking her lungs. Her health has been deteriorating for over a year now. She is now taking the steps to get on a waiting list for a double lung transplant. I read a new post on her blog today and it hit me. I have to run for her. She can't... I can. I had no doubt in my mind that this is what I want to do. When I took myself out of the equation, it was easy to decide. I asked her, and she agreed.
    SO the races I am looking at are the Indy Mini on May 5th or the Cincy Flying Pig on May 6th.

7. cookeecrumbs

cookeecrumbs Active Member

I'm so happy for you - for the continued successes with strength and weight. I think it's awesome that you've decided to set yourself aside to support your friend. Extra proof you're a fantastic person :)

8. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Thanks SO much!
    I am going to continue my 12 week commitment, and I am on week 6. I want to build as much muscle I can before I start training for the half in February. I have decided to run the Indy Mini on May 5th. I already registered too! :D
    I know I will most likely sacrifice muscle, but I can build it back. It may be just what I need to get a little leaner than I have been in the past. I plan to continue to lift throughout my half training, but don't want to over train. Will tweak as I go. This new venture makes me nervous and excited at the same time. I like having a date in the calendar... makes my thinking more solid and focused. I can not imagine not having a goal to run for...
    AND I am already thinking post race. After all that running, how will my body respond to not running as much? These are all things I must think about so I can plan accordingly now.

9. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Today I set a new 1 rep max on deadlifts... 195.
    Getting stronger! :D

10. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Congrats on the PR!

11. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

BOOM!

Nice work! :tu:

12. BJ

BJ Active Member

:claphigh::bow::bb::bow::claphigh:

13. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Thanks everyone!

Been sick this week, but still managed to set a new PR deadlift... 200!!
    I finished week 7 and after week 8, I think I will be starting the "shred"...:D

14. PDCA

PDCA Active Member

Hey! I'm still here! Been very busy and still working hard!
    I posted that I was going to transition into a leaning out phase and decided to put it off for a month. Starting Jan 1, I will start to lean out. I have some goals to hit by the end of this year.
    My first goal is to deadlift 230. My last deadlift post was 200 and, well, I haven't been able to pull 205. I have tried for it twice since then and didn't happen. I think it is partly mental, so I am working on that.
    I also want to squat 200 and I am at 180. This week I squat 180X3, so I think I will most likely hit the squat goal for sure.
    I have been hitting the weights extremely hard and trying to gain as much muscle as I can. I will start training for the half in February. I may be slow to start, but that is ok. Have been doing a little running these last couple weeks. Ran a 5k and didn't have a very good showing... my fault, didn't prepare for it enough. I am excited to train for the half, but also nervous that I will be training in the winter... :eek: