1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Old-School JSF'ers........

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by HevyMetal, Apr 18, 2013.

1. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

It's only been 2 or 3 years......but many of you "old schoolers' seem to have abandoned ship for one reason or another......

If you are lurking once in awhile but not posting.......drop in and say "Hi"

Would be nice to hear from you.....:tucool:

2. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Hi

3. chicanerous

chicanerous Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Hi, Hevy! :wave:

I still post occasionally and have been keeping a training log since January, which has been my longest stretch in quite a while. :tucool:

Still not able to make a post without editing it a few times...

How are you doing?

#3 chicanerous, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  4. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Ahoy.

I am either on here twice a day....or gone a year at a time...:o

5. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

:)

6. HevyMetal

:wave::wave::wave: Hey All.....I've been absent myself for periods, so I guess I can't call the pot black......still always working out on a reg basis these days......Thought when I retired I'd have lots of time....HAH!....now I'm busier than ever......

7. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

The world has changed since 2008, and I have had to adapt to navigate new and different waters across the years since my more vocal presence among these forums. It is said that a person's cellular material completely cycles every 8-9 years, therefore, I am not the person I was when I arrived in 2004. Nor, regrettably, am I the picture of fitness I might have been in my better days among the collective, but I have not regained my weight, either. The world since has been a physical status-quo, as the knowledge I gained here has prevented any weight-escalating gluttony. My thinly spread attention seems to have prevented any forward progress, admittedly. Mentally, we could have a whole 'nother discussion about progression versus regression, but... at the very least, I've bought myself at least a few more years in this form among the corporeal as a result of the people herein... including many names who've come and gone since. And of course, Mr. Stone himself whom I have had the privilege of calling friend in the process. If the next 12 months are at all kind, and I'm working feverishly to make them just that, one never knows... I might be back, barking mad, posting my overly wordy and opinionated diatribes as I once did, with a freedom I've never had before.

I miss the "old days". So many great forum names, and friends... gone, but not necessarily forgotten. The people behind the name... similarly moved-on, but not forgotten. :nod:

8. HevyMetal

Bluestreak....you put that pretty eloquently.......I'm impressed........Cheers...:tucool:

9. TooMuch

TooMuch Active Member

hi

10. Jaer

Jaer Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

If we are going by join date, I guess I am pretty old school.

Hello all!

I'm around, leaving odd/annoying endings to my messages in posts all across the boards.

Jaer
    does this weird thing after he puts his name where he talks about himself in the third person. It is in place of the static signature many people have added to their posts.

11. HevyMetal

LOL.....:lol:

I don't bother with self-describing third-person sigs.........I just have a Richard Nixon hand-puppet that acts as my alter-ego whenever I'm talking to somebody......

12. JoeSchmo

JoeSchmo Well-Known Member

Hi folks! I'm still here, and training as hard as ever. I can say proudly that I have trained consistently and diligently since my first days on the board.

Funny -- Didn't really expect to be here nearly a decade later. I remember when signing up, I picked the first username that came to mind, because I didn't expect to be here long. At the time, John seemed pretty strict with the rules, so I honestly expected to be permabanned within a couple of weeks at the most (I'd recently been banned multiple times from another forum). Glad that didn't happen though :D

Good to see a few old timers still lurking.

13. woodyzj

woodyzj Well-Known Member

Never was a big time poster...but still lurking strong since 05!

14. eleonardo

eleonardo Well-Known Member

I do, too.
    I haven't been here in a long time. I've pretty much stopped lurking even after John became so cycling orientated.
    But, nice to see the old names again. :)

15. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    I miss George.

16. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

It has been a long time since I've posted here ... and I wanna come back.

I am sorry that the below post is such a downer but it is what I have to share.

I have had a very rough 3 1/2 years with PGC's medical issues that got progressively worse and increasingly catastrophic. Caring for him became an accelerating time-consuming and energy-draining experience for me and a shocking experience for him.

(PGC - persistent gentleman caller -- for those of you who remember.)

He is now permanently moved into a skilled-nursing facility -- though it still requires that I stay on top of things to make sure he gets the care he needs and I still need to take him to at least one medical appointment per week and sometimes 3 per week.

This has been pretty devastating for both of us -- not what we expected when we first planned for him to move up here.

And the stress aged me a lot -- I no longer look the decade or so younger than I am.

But, if it proves not to be unrealistic, I think the worst of the demands on my time from PGC's needs are over and I will have more time to get back to taking care of myself.

So I plan to start a new thread about my food and working out. And in the VIP section, I plan to start a thread that I can share my feelings and what I've been going through.

I don't expect responses to that second thread or even people to read it. I just need to get it out. I've been pretty isolated over the last 3 1/2 years and I need to feel connected again.

But it is great to be back.:claphigh:

17. HevyMetal

Hello to all responders....:tucool:

Welcome back Justitia !.......:tucool:

PhillyDude...who is George?

18. phillydude

phillydude Don't Never Give Up.

Media:
    Albums:
    One of the "old" JSF crew... "I Miss George" was a catch-phrase down in the Wastland when that was a happening place...

19. raptor

raptor Well-Known Member

It is near the end of they year so posting might pick up a bit for a few weeks. :lol:

I am in the worst shape of my life both physically and mentally so I've returned to the place I have always found inspiration. :)

20. HevyMetal

Wishing you success Raptor......:tucool: