1. JSF is shutting down on February 12, 2020. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Okay I just bought some Bronchaid and Nodoz...

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by krosspyder, Jan 13, 2005.

1. yirmeyah

yirmeyah Well-Known Member

I am very interested in these primatene/bronkaid tablets (although I definitely won't be using them any time soon)...as I look up these drugs on other websites, I frequently see warnings against using these drugs unless you have an asthma attack. What does Guaifenesin do to someone normal when taken?

2. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Probably nothing. It's just a decongestant. If you're not congested... who knows. This whole idea of mixing over-the-counter pharmaceuticals sounds very suspect to me, never mind regulating dosages, etc. Is this really worth the risk (kid yourselves not, there's risk involved in everything) to lose an extra pound? That's an extra 3~7 days of clean diet and exercise.

Think about it.

-Roger

3. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

The main purpose is actually that it makes people vomit at "recreational" doses of ephedrene.

It makes some people vomit with *any* amount, though.

4. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

They put that in there so kids won't try to make SPEED out of it.

If you are responsible and intelligent in it's usage and not a blithering idiot, you will be fine.

~SC~

5. krosspyder

krosspyder Well-Known Member

no i totally understand. i've been very faithful with my diet and my excersize for a month now and i have no intention of stoping what so ever. my long term goal is to see my gut diminished substantially. i will not give up.... im hell bent on this.
    however.... since i realize that my body and genetics are not the same as everyone elses and my metabolism is really slow i truely believe this ephedrine and caffiene stack will boost it up to a normal speed as everyone elses on here (most). give me a fair playing field... not an advantage.
    there is a big reason im between a mesomorph and an endomorph. most of my life ive been eating 2 .... sometimes 3 huge meals a day.... especially one before i go to bed.... i broke all kinds of rules.
    fried chicken and pizza were a main part of my diet. i would throw down 2 large papa john pizzas in one day without a problem. i loved it. a meal to me wasnt simply 2 fried chickens it was a whole damn family pack box at kfc or popeyes. now my diet is in stark contrast to that before diet. i dont know how to eat clean and get the proper caloric intake im suppose to get right now... thats hard for me. hell i did that easy with dirty food... but clean? yeah right... that shits to low calories. so since im taking a lot less calories a day then i did before and lower then im suppose to for good health... since starting a month ago... my metabolism has evened out to deal with the difference. this EC stack should help me kick it up a bit. Right now i believe my body is usesd to being on the diet its on... and my excersize. So i have to throw a wrench in its complacency or tolerance machine and i see this EC stack as a far better weapon for metabolism booster then heavy/dirty food i used to eat.

Diet and excersize are going to be a mainstay with me... its what i do to counter act my bodys tolerance that changes.

6. TheLemonSong

TheLemonSong Well-Known Member

ECA's are cool with me, but I like to keep things as natural as possible...something about taking pills with ingredients made in a lab that are nearly unpronounceable just doesn't sit right with me, but they really do work well for some people(I rarely take any meds either...asprin or otherwise...).

I've had GREAT luck with Green Tea Extract...Swole, i think you said it makes you a lil sick...but I can take a lot of it (3-4 caps) with no side effects. I can tell it raises my body temp and HR because when doing cardio its easier to get to my desired heart rate, and I'm sure other ECAs are just as effective as my GTE+Coffee.

Anyone else taking GTE find the same thing?

(p.s. I hope this doesn't sound preachy, its not supposed to be at all but I'm all paranoid now cuz it seems there is a bit of an argument on this thread...)

7. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

That's an easy one to get over. Just learn to pronounce it! :whistle:

8. Specialbear

Specialbear Well-Known Member

I took ECA for about year (my freshman year at school). When taken correctly, it makes time fly by during workouts, and gives u more energy no doubt. However, after time, you have to increase the dosage to get the same effect. And the more you increase, the more you crash. Therefore, i have stopped taking this altogether for the past 3-4 months. About 3 weeks ago, i took a tablet just for fun and i got the worst freaking headache and was in pain for 3-4 days. Maybe it was a bad pill?? I dunno, but im done. Im gonna stick with Green Tea from now on...

In short, ECA does work! Just make sure u dont abuse it to the point where you are 'full on energy' and then crashing mentally

9. krosspyder

thanks for the advice special bear.
    i'll remember that.

well guys.... wow. this stuff has drastically improved my workouts.

i just jogged/walked for 50 Mintues (took EC stack before) and i feel like doing a lot more.

the cardio was nothing for me. Before it was a pain... now its fun and i have a lot more energy to push harder.

My lifting is the same.... i was MAX OT-ing with a certain wieght and now i can easily push it up 20 more pounds... this just in the start of my taking this stuff. WTF?

im only taking one stack dose a day right now... next week i'll move into two a day. Then the following week i might continue or drop it and then go back on it.. you know cycle it. Not sure.

damn my this stuff really works for me. i'll be sure and be wise with it though... you can count on that. I'll be responsible about this.

#49 krosspyder, Jan 15, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  10. Oranzith

Oranzith Well-Known Member

this whole exchange worries me a bit. First, what makes you suspect your genetics are worse than everyone elses? have you had clinical tests by professional doctors? im baffled, thats all. i dont understand when people so loosely blame genetics or their body not working for their weight problems

ok, next - after 1 month of a diet, there is NO WAY your body is "used to it" if you are substantially overweight, which it sounds like you are. once your body gets used to a diet...it ought to run more efficiently and continue a steady weight loss, not stop all of a sudden. also, your metabolism shouldn't have dropped since you started eating 6 meals a day (hopefully 6) but instead risen to deal with the incoming food all the time. Fat people that eat 3 LARGE meals a day - they have crummy metabolism. You eat 6 meals a day around 400 calories each, and stick to that, in a few months your metabolism will be raging all by itself. I notice it, i get plain hungry if i havent eaten in 3+ hours now. so assuming your metabolism has dropped isn't correct either.

It's awesome your work outs are feeling so much better! Nevertheless, i suggest cycling the EC[A] 2 weeks on, 1 week off, 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off, etc. beneficial both physiologically (efficiency) and mentally (shows if its placebo effect or really helping you)

good luck bro, keep it up!

question - does ephedra and caffein actually raise metabolism? i thought they were stimulants

11. krosspyder

1) sometime back i had been reporting that i had lost water wieght the days after i had eaten a cheat meal.... those were the only times during my dieting/excersizing as of recent that i lost wieght.
    people here told me that i may have a slow metabolism because im still loosing a lot of water weight.

2) since being on a clean diet i cant succefully pull off the optimum number of caloric intake for me to loose wieght in a healthy way.... so my caloric intake is lower then it needs to be. i need about 2900 a day for 1 pound fat loss a week... im getting 1800 on average. some people here told me that eventually with a diet like that... your metabolism slows down... because you are not getting that much food. it slows down for defense.... or because our system is programmed to do that to protect itself.

3) my sisters, mother and father have all been obese... some still are... we've been obese a good part of our lives... not overly gross fat or anything but you know wearable fat if there is such a thing... nothing to take to the beach though. lol

so from that i can deduce that my metabolism is slow. if im wrong tell me how im wrong id love to be set straight.

thanks for the cycling suggestion/advice... i will do that.

12. Arnaoutov

Arnaoutov Well-Known Member

Heh. This thread inspired me to start taking my ECA stack again. I really can't function without it. :D

13. JoeBiron

JoeBiron Well-Known Member

You know, I thought the exact same thing about myself. As a kid I was always tall, which kept me from looking fat, but I was always flabby and "doughy". As I grew older I got less and less flabby but always felt that I needed to watch what I ate more than my friends who stayed really lean effortlessly. Or so I thought. "Its my metabolism". Sounds reasonable, but it was in fact a cop-out for me.

My relative success over the past 6 weeks has shown me that my body and metabolism is no different than everyone elses. I just had some bad eating habits that totally ruined my chances of being lean. I'd fast most of the day then eat all my calories at night. Duh! I'm convinced now that I have total control over my body composition. I know what to do and I can do it without struggling or wavering. That alone is very motivating.

The last six weeks constitute the quickest improvement of my body composition ever, and the result is that I'm in the best shape of my life, and I've done it without any fat burners, Nodoze, or anything. I'd taken ECA stacks in the past and I do think they can make a difference, but I strongly feel that you are wasting your time and money with them if you aren't already maximizing your fat loss through diet and exercise habits.

I think there is no question that intelligent use of ECA is safe, just make sure you aren't using it as a crutch. I'd find it hard to believe that someone's progress would get stalled and the only solution is to pop an ECA stack.

14. Redd

Redd Well-Known Member

Also, most who died did so because of OD... like teens using it to dope up, taking WAY too much (if memory serves correctly, one had taken 33 pills!). Sport stars have died from it too...the idjets didn't drink enough water, trained in the heat, etc. That's just asking for heart attack/heat stroke. People think that because it's not something that you can go to jail for, you can take as much as you want.

I've used it off and on for years and am doing just fine. It's a great way to burn fat, if you're doing the work, and it eases the appetite/food craving problems as well. LOL helps if you're having a laziness issue, too...my house gets REALLY clean when I use it!

Just be sensible about it. Don't go overboard.

15. krosspyder

concern and advice noted. thanks.

i guess i just feel it will help me out somehow... not hurt me (if i use it correctly). last time i was taking an ECA stack (back when it was in xenidren (sp?) and hyrdrocut) it was working and my diet sucked balls. all i would do is lift wieghts ... no cardio.... and eat whatever i wanted when i wanted.

16. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Well-Known Member

Just curious, I live in Canada and I'm going to go look for these ingredients tomorrow. How much should I expect to spend on ECA stack?

17. Fernslinger

Fernslinger Well-Known Member

Holy necro post Batman!

18. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

Yep, otherwise you'll be up all nice. Ease into it. And cut the bronkaid in half the first day.

19. tihartma

tihartma Active Member

This has inspired me to give it a try :D

20. guava

guava Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I realize this is an old thread, but there are some things I don't understand.
    Intelligent use might not have been shown to be harmful, but it seems possible that a person who has never used them might be in better health than someone who has used them. We don't know for sure.
    Are ECAs recommended to permanently raise your metabolism? It would seem to me that any fat burning properties they might have would be effective only while taking the supplements. So, if you have a target date for being a certain weight or body fat percentage, they are probably quite helpful, but when used to maintain a certain body composition, they don't sound like such a good idea, unless I'm misunderstanding their effects. I would think that different methods might yield better long-term results (eg. changing macronutrient splits, meal sizes and meal timings, zig-zagging calories, etc.)