1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Okay I just bought some Bronchaid and Nodoz...

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by krosspyder, Jan 13, 2005.

1. SteveSatch

SteveSatch Well-Known Member

1) Ephredine is NOT banned in the U.S. Ephreda is. 2) If taken properly by a person in good health who has no heart problems ephredine is safe. 3) If we as a society start banning everything that has caused death to people there should be many things higher up on the list than ephedrine-cars, ladders, swimming pools, child birth, aspirin, junk food, booze, etc. It's called freedom. Deal with it.

2. bisous

bisous Well-Known Member

Let freedom ring. I say it's not a good thing when perfectly healthy young women drop dead from arrhythmias brought on by ephedra. But that could be just me.

3. SteveSatch

SteveSatch Well-Known Member

What dose did she take? Did she have heart problems? Was she starving herself and doing tons of cardio? Let's not start saying the sky is falling based on the way the biased media reports such things.

4. StoneGRMI

StoneGRMI Well-Known Member

Like said before, its only bad for you if abused, just like everything else in this world.

5. ucbgsr

ucbgsr Well-Known Member

One more thing, the difference between ephedra and ephedine HCL, is that the latter is lab made so the dossage exact. Ephedra comes from a plant, so it's dossage was sometimes inconsistant, despite what the bottle stated

6. krosspyder

krosspyder Well-Known Member

found this...

From aspirin to peanuts, ephedra is not alone
    The risks associated with ephedra are undeniable. For some people, it's very bad. But so are peanuts:

"Allergies to peanuts (a legume) are responsible for nearly 100 deaths and 15,000 visits to emergency rooms -- about half the deaths and emergency room visits caused by all food allergies -- each year, according to FAAN." - Peanut Allergies in Children Have Doubled in Last Five Years, Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network, December 9, 2003

Peanuts kill: just as ephedra was implicated in the 2003 death of 23-year-old Baltimore Orioles pitching prospect Steve Bechler (source: Coroner finds 'significant amounts' of diet supplement, Sports Illustrated, Thursday March 13, 2003 ), peanuts were implicated in the death of 21-year-old Scottish hurdler Ross Baillie. (Source: Peanut allergy athlete dies , BBC News Online: Sport, Friday, June 18, 1999). Aspirin is another killer.
    "By some estimates, aspirin-related deaths alone number more than 1,000 per year." - Institute of Health Sciences, L.L.C., July 22, 2003
    Like peanuts and aspirin, ephedra has risks. Also like aspirin, however, ephedra provides significant benefits. But we don't see the FDA making any moves to ban aspirin, perhaps because, unlike ephedra, it is manufactured by drug companies.

There's no such thing as a risk-free life, no matter how hard the Liberal lackeys of the drug manufacturing companies try to make it otherwise when it comes to herbal remedies and nutritional supplements. Risk is part of life. We can, as a nation and as individuals, take prudent measures to reduce risk, but the more laws we pass and the more regulations we impose, the less freedom we will have. And as the evidence proves, when it comes to ephedra, what most Americans want is freedom:

"Products with names like Speed Stack, Ripped Force, TrimSpa and Kranker started flying off the shelves at the Lo Fat Know Fat Gourmet Cafe after the Food and Drug Administration announced plans to ban the dietary supplement ephedra in two months." - Disappointment, resignation, hoarding in response to ephedra ban, by Jennifer Peter, Detroit Free Press, January 1, 2004

http://www.backlash.com/content/corp/2004/rodvanmechelen010504.html

7. webalienz

webalienz Well-Known Member

So what are the benefits of aspirin in the ECA Stack? I know that the word is that one aspirin a day is suppose to reduce your risk of heart disease, so is that it or is there another benefit?

I've tried some of the Ephedra-free stuff, and it just never seemed to work as well when I was taking the old Xenadrine. I just took my first ECA Stack this morning and did 60 minutes of cardio. I didn't have any problems keep my heart rate in my target zone (that was my main concern).

8. Gamecock

Gamecock Well-Known Member

Okay...
    Dumb question of the morning....
    What does ECA mean or ECA stack?

9. albert

albert Well-Known Member

Epherdine, Caffeine, Asprin

10. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

what ammount do you suggest?

11. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

GTE pills get cost prohibitive if you take them too often (I've seen programs suggesting three doses per day, but I don't believe that's necessary...). I usually take one pill as soon as I get out of bed before cardio in the morning, chase it with 16-oz. of cold water and hit the treadmill.

L-carnitine... I've done 1-gram twice per day (morning and evening) with great results. Get the liquid version, it's cheaper ($11 a bottle at my health food store, the pills are of a smaller dosage and end up costing more). I believe the bottle suggests a gram a day, I've done 3-4 grams a day, but 2-g's seems optimal for me.

-R

12. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Thanks, I take my E/C stack at 6:30 am and again at 2:30 pm Do you suggest taking the GTE and L- Carnitine with the stack?

13. slush_puppy

slush_puppy Well-Known Member

First off, I've used ECA before, I took Stacker2 for several months at the beginning of 2004. I agree that if treated with respect, it's safe. I think SwoleCat gave good advce about dosage as well. I'm not bent out of shape that you're taking it.

However, I wanted to reply to this post. No fat burner will take away your belly on its own. A fat burner still requires a good diet. If your diet isn't working (and I assume it's not based on your posts), then it makes no sense to look to a fat burner and expect great results. Make sure you have a good handle on your diet, then look into the thermogenics to add some kick to it. I'm not telling you not to try it, I'm just trying to lower your expectations a bit. Good luck!

14. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

Honestly, I do not know if taking GTE on top of your EC will benefit you. You'd have to try it and get back to us with your verdict...

If I were going to take ECA/GTE/L-carnitine, I'd try only taking the GTE in the morning before cardio with the L-carnitine and ECA. Then only the L-carnitine with your ECA in the afternoon. I'm not one for mixing too many pills/supps at once and I try to minimize the use of supplements I do take.

I'm not a big believer using EC/ECA as the two periods in which I used and tracked my progress with an EC/ECA didn't yield any weight loss above and beyond my program without it (I lost and average of 0.2-lb. more on the ECA than without - 0.2-lb. hardly justifies a $30 bottle of thermogenics to me). Just be sure you track your progress so you can go back and evaluate whether or not it really helped you out. Too many people don't do that who I've heard swear by fat loss supplements... when I ask for supporting data, they have nothing more than perceived gains, which to me is about as useful as pocket lint. Personally speaking, I could divert that cash to many other good causes instead of a pill that I can't say for sure helped me or not.

-R

15. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

Remember John's request above about avoiding preaching/sermons???

Did you skip that per chance? :rolleyes:

~SC~

16. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

BINGO!!!!!!

Karma for you! Thanks for the words, VERY TRUE!!!!!

~SC~

17. Tivo

Tivo Well-Known Member

So, can I just go to a local health store and pick up some ephedrine and caffeine pills, or do I need to order them from online? And I see that a lot of the pills come in 25 mg, but I've read around here that that is too much for the average person. Also, how much caffeine should be taken?

18. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Walmart sells Primatene tabs which are 12.5 mg, I chase it with a cup of double strength instant coffee. (with a couple tbsp of fat free milk and some splenda or sugar free vanilla syrup)

Not sure if it's directly effecting my lard-loss, but two effects I notice are helpful -

Appetite suppressant - I'm eating 2000-2400 cals a day, but on lifting or cardio days, i'm hungry all day anyway. The ephedrene helps!

Also, I feel like I can eke out an extra rep or 2, and even sometimes an extra set. My energy level doesn't drop when I'm weightlifting.

19. Chadster

Chadster Well-Known Member

Rtestes I understand where you are coming from even though I do use supplements such as aminos and Xenedrine/caffiene. I second the comment above that said to make diet and exercise the keys to our plans and then follow through with supplements as needed.

Question - are the Bronchaid/Primatine tablets pure Ephedrine or do they contain other medications also? I would be interested in trying them for a month but not if they contain added drugs such as decongestants, etc. etc.

20. webalienz

webalienz Well-Known Member

The other active ingredient in Bronkaid is Guaifenesin (400 mg). This is what I found from doing a Google on the word:

Guaifenesin thins the mucus in the air passages and makes it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways, allowing you to breathe more easily. It relieves the coughs of colds, bronchitis, and other lung infections.