1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Official JSF Merchandise - YOUR INPUT IS NEEDED!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by John Stone, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

I'm down for some athletic wear and caps!
    Looking forward to the choices.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

JSF guitars.......... joking ;)

Mousepads, mugs, wallets, maybe you should write your own book aswell ?

3. Skoorb

Skoorb Well-Known Member

I like mugs and t-shirts. Problem with mugs is I have so damn many already. T-shirts are nice though, generally the simpler the better. I'd envision something like the word/acronym JSF on the front in impact font with a link to the site underneath that in a smaller font. Then on the back a picture - not sure what. A barbell would be maybe a bit cheesy, but I dunno ;)

4. Andrew M

Andrew M Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in t-shirts, sweat-shirts, shorts and sweats. I think the simpler the better. JSF, small font over the left breast; logo on the back, max 30cm across. Less is more.

Andrew.

5. Banditfist

Banditfist Well-Known Member

My only suggestion for merchandise is for a JSF thong designed by Lisa.
    Only kidding.

John, what about something like a paypal donation button on the site in the meantime while you get the merchandise ready. I have been here since the beginning of the forums. Your sacrifice is supporting this site has done nothing but motivate me to be a better person, take control of my life and live healthy.

6. ABguy

ABguy Well-Known Member

Those 3 would be tops on my list.......

7. otnemem311

otnemem311 Well-Known Member

Giant, giant 64 oz water bottles. With a swirly, twisty straw.

Definitely shakers, I want a JSF sweat band!! In the most garish of colors, please (I have a turquoise one right now, lavender would be nice :p )

And a John Stone motivational plaque/bobble head doll that says "I look better than you!"

Man I'm in a goofy mood.

Seriously, I would love a shaker, a big water bottle, sweat bands, and t-shirts (heather gray would be awesome).

8. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

How about a wife-beater style tee? I wear them a lot around the house and when I do cardio. I'll wear it on stage at our first gig, which is in the works as we speak...

-R

9. quackvader

quackvader Well-Known Member

Shorts are a definate. Shirts are easy to make, take a ratty shirt and tear off the sleeves and presto, but you can't exactly do that and have good workout shorts.

What about a bracelet or armband "WWJSD?". Then whenever you feel your willpower fading and you're about to order that Chili dog with large fries you can look down and go "What would John Stone Do?" and then you can go eat healthy.

The second is one is mostly a joke, but I wouldn't be completely surprised if it wouldn't be helpful to some people. Like "Big Brother" watching you at all times.

I think alot of clothing with just the logo would be better than things with the words. But you need to offer the shirts with the words and the web address to for people that want to tout the site at the gym and whatnot.

10. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I would DEFINITELY purchase JSF clothing, mugs, etc.!

Sleeveless shirts, baseball hats, hoodies, mugs, shakers, etc.

What about a black shirt that looked like an FBI shirt, but on the back or front in big white letters it said "JSF." :)

I also think something simple with just the logo would look great.

I'll be at 2 natural bodybuilding shows here in Central Florida before the end of the year and I would wear the shirt there. May spark some interest from the amateur bodybuilders. I was going to wear my AST or Animal shirt there but I'd much rather sport a JSF shirt!

11. Reno_1ted

Reno_1ted Well-Known Member

Vests, or as i believe you guys call them (in the USA) tank tops. Like the guy in JKO's avatar is wearing. We call that a vest. You call that a tank top right ?

Oh yer, and its gotta be tight. ;)

And id prefer the gear not to have the url on it.

12. adamc

adamc Well-Known Member

This would be very cool.

13. DeafNgari

DeafNgari Well-Known Member

Whatever it is... I would like to see the web address on the clothing at least with the tshirts and stuff. I think it would do wonders to increase the size of our community and by default then increases the chances for John to make sales on the stuff.

14. Guttorm

Guttorm Well-Known Member

NEWBIE POST! :)

Tee's would be great, and maybe sweatpants, in black. White stripe down the side, with black print stating the URL... That'd be great!

And of course the black FBI inspired JSF tee...

My first post. :D

15. tensdanny

tensdanny Well-Known Member

i think everyone would agree that as you get closer to your bodyfat goals you want to show off. I personally think a great idea would be a cut-off shirt, not a wife-beater but a cut off shirt, that has john stone fitness on it. I'd buy like 3 of them. I'd do anything to keep this site alive in fact.

16. TheRyanator

TheRyanator Well-Known Member

First thing that came to mind is WRIST BANDS or some novelty of the type...I like the Livestrong bands, but EVERYONE has them now. A blue wristband with "Johnstonefitness" and the logo in white would be sweet! The yellow bands people wear catch the eye and so would the blue wristbands, except people would wonder what it was since it is not yellow...perfect segue opportunity to attest to what JSF is to so many people.

Definitely tighter fitted t-shirts...I like the black and gray, with JSF in white on the front as someone suggested and perhaps the JSF logo on the back.

I think this is a great idea to get some merchandise out there! Best of luck!

17. badgolfer

badgolfer Well-Known Member

I liked the golf balls idea. Doesnt seem to be much interest in it though. I also have to put votes in for t-shirts, shorts, shaker bottles(great idea), and tupperware (great idea too but i dont know how well that would do). I dont know if you could put a logo on them but myotapes and calipers are something that a lot of people look to buy at some point.

18. GM Enthusiast

GM Enthusiast Well-Known Member

YES! I second that one, big time!

I second that one too! I'd definitely buy both of them. I'd likely get any nicely designed shirts, but I really like this oddball stuff. It really catches people's attention and piques their interest. This is the best marketing you can possibly have, because people will want to know what it is all about. I know I hate answering the most common question I get ("are you on Atkins?"). I would much rather answer a question like "what do you mean, stoner?" or "what is JSF, some kind of secret government agency?"

19. karatetricker

karatetricker Well-Known Member

I pretty much agree with most of the ideas that have been offered. I like the idea of all different kinds of clothing and I happen to personally be a big fan of hoodies, shorts/sweatpants, t-shirts and wife-beaters (they have their place in everyone's wardrobe).

I am torn on the URL part. I think it could potentially make very appealing clothing look tacky, but without it, you can't "advertise". I'd probably offer both if it were possible so that the buyer can choose. This will avoid lost sales to those who don't want it but allow those who do to have it. You also could try and add it into the logo in a less obvious way that may not make it look like an advertisement. I'm not a graphics designer, but I'm sure it's possible. I don't oppose to putting the URL on non-apparel items though. If you had shaker bottles, towels and the like, throwing the URL on there is fine IMO.

And as for CafeExpress or whatever that store is, be careful. I ordered from them in the past and the quality of what I ordered was very questionable. The design washed out in 1 or 2 washes and the sweatshirt itself was just cheap.

20. ara2003

ara2003 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a decent shaker bottle put out by someone.