1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fitcore/Titan T1 Information Thread

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by John Stone, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

----> IMPORTANT - FITCORE IS NO LONGER IN BUSINESS, AND THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO US-BASED DISTRIBUTORS OF THE TITAN. JOHN STONE FITNESS IS NO LONGER ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PRODUCT. FOR INFORMATION ON A BRAND NEW MACHINE THAT WILL BE RELEASED IN 2010, PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD.

This thread contains all the information you need to learn about and purchase a Titan.

You can also check out my detailed Titan Photo Journal. It is a ongoing account of my Titan ownership experience, from delivery forward.

===> BEFORE YOU POST, READ THIS <===
    This purpose of this thread is to provide information to North American residents who are seriously interested in purchasing a Titan T1. Please keep comments and questions on-topic. Off-topic posts will be removed without notice.

Contact Information and Background
    Fitcore Technologies is the exclusive North American distributor and co-developer of the Titan T1 strength training system (also known as the "Conan CN1" in foreign markets). The Titan is a top-of-the-line, world-class, gym-quality home strength training system.

Web site (North American sales): www.fitcore.com
    Email (sales): sales@fitcore.com
    Email (support): support@fitcore.com
    Phone: 1-888-FIT-5557 [1-888-348-5557] (M-F, 8 AM - 5 PM, CST)

Pricing
    JSF members are guaranteed the lowest price. You will not find a better price on the Titan T1 - period. If you do find a better price from an authorized Titan retailer, we will match it or beat it. Not only are JSF members guaranteed the best price available, they also receive greatly reduced shipping costs, a number of exclusive free gifts (itemized below), and the ability to provide input that will directly impact future features available on the Titan (the Titan is engineered to allow for future, not yet designed upgrades!)

JSF "Members Only" Price for the base Titan T1
    Please call for current JSF pricing

JSF "Members Only" Price for Titan T1 w/ Option Package #1. Option Package #1 includes the following options: A, A1, B, B1, C, D, E, F & N.

JSF "Members Only" Price for Titan T1 w/ Option Package #2. Option Package #2 includes all the following options (basically every option except option, "G", option "H1", option "O" and option "S"): A, A1, B, B1, C, D, E, F, HPBO, K, N, P, R, & T.

JSF "Members Only" Price for Titan T1 w/ Option Package #3. Option Package #2 includes EVERY POSSIBLE option: A, A1, B, B1, C, D, E, F, G, H1, HPBO, K, N, O, P, R, S & T. Also includeds a 1,000 Pound TITAN WEIGHT PLATE SET, Everlast 100lb. Black Leather Heavy Punching Bag, Gravity Boots, Handles Acessory Package, Olympic Barbell and an additional Accessory Storage Rack.

[highlight]!!!!--> VERY IMPORTANT <--!!!![/highlight]
    In order to qualify for the JSF pricing and to be eligible for the free gifts, you must place your order by calling Fitcore directly at 1-888-FIT-5557 [1-888-348-5557] and give them coupon code JSFT137298. Also, please PM or email me (john@johnstonefitness.com) your name, address, shirt size, your choice of coffee mug or wall clock, the date you paid for your Titan and forum username so I can get your membership upgraded and your free gifts out to you.

Individual Options Pricing For JSF Members
    Option A - Cable Cross-Over (includes D-grip handles): Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option A1 - Low Pulleys: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option B - Leg Extension / Leg Curl: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option B1 - Preacher Curl / Lower Back Machines: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option C - Ab Flexor / Leg Raise: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option D - Decline Leg Hold Attachment: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option E - Dumbbell Spotters: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option F - Rear High / Low Pulley: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option G - Gravity Boots: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option H1 - Upper Storage Rack For Option Heavy Punching Bag: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option HPBO - Heavy Punching Bag Attachment (Outside machine): Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option HPBI - Heavy Punching Bag Attachment (Inside machine): Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option K - Seated Calf Raises: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option N - Close Grip Extension Bar: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option O - Accessory Bench: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option P - Pec Deck Attachment: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option R - Weighted Ab Crunch: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option S - Dumbbell Spotter Hooks: Please call for current JSF pricing
    Option T - T-Bar Multi-Lat Row Bar: Please call for current JSF pricing

Dimensions and Weight
    Base machine (925 lbs - not including weights)
    Length: - 98.4 Inches
    Width - 86.6 Inches
    Height - 87.7 Inches

Loaded machine (1322 lbs - not including weights)
    Length - 98.4 Inches
    Width - 106.2 Inches
    Height - 87.7 Inches

Some people have asked what the least amount of space required for the Titan is. Brian Butler of Fitcore Technologies answers:

"Regarding minimum space required, as a general rule if it is mainly just the Titan you will be placing in the room you can go as little as 10' by 12' (less if you don't mind giving up some free weight squat area). However, a more comfortable fit would be something like 11' by 13' or larger. A standard 8' ceiling will do the trick for height. Any less and you might have to do some "notching" which a few of our customers have successfully done."

Shipping
    Actual shipping costs are very expensive, but Fitcore is taking the bite out of what you'll pay to transport this beast safely to your home. Shipping is flat $299.00 to anywhere in the lower 48 states. Canadian customers will need to contact Fitcore for a shipping quote. Fitcore is taking a major loss to quite a few US destinations. For example, the actual shipping charges to my house in Florida came to over $600.00!

Shipping costs include curb-side delivery and liftgate service. In-garage delivery is available in most areas for approximately $45.00 extra (may vary based local shipping company).

JSF Free Gifts!

With all Titan orders, JSF will include the following free gifts:
    • 1 Year JSF Platinum membership. Existing subscribers will be upgraded (if needed) to Platinum level, and will also have their membership extended by one year at no charge. ($100.00 value)
    • JSF T-Shirt ($14.00 Value)
    • JSF Bumper Sticker ($5.00 Value)
    • Choice of JSF Coffee Mug or Wall Clock ($18.00 Value)
    Other Information
    All the above is subject to change at any time. Be sure to PM me with your shirt size and your mug/clock preference so that I can get your free gifts out to you and upgrade your membership!

If you have any questions, please post them below and I'll add to this post as needed.

Enjoy your Titan! I'll leave you with a picture (barbells and weights not included):

Attached Files:

2. gus

gus Well-Known Member

what a beast! :D

3. mikeg

mikeg Well-Known Member

$3-4 grand?? Holy crap! :d_eek:

I'm sure it's a very nice piece of equipment, otherwise John wouldn't recommend it, but they probably won't get many takers at that price. That's like a gym membership for 7 or 8 years.

4. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

While I'll be the first to admit the Titan is not for everyone, for people like me who work out exclusively at home and are serious about their training, the Titan represents an excellent value.

I'm not a rich man, but I have a feeling I won't regret my investment: This is gym-quality equipment that will last for the rest of my life.

There's definitely a market for the Titan: Fitcore has barely opened their doors, done no advertising and is still setting up shop - despite all that, 12 Titans have already sold. In fact, they are already sold out of the fully loaded units (more are coming from Poland!)

5. PaulWade

PaulWade Well-Known Member

I believe John said he hasn't actually used it yet (being delivered soon, a full review, etc., etc.), which makes me wonder why he's recommending it. Perhaps you tried it out somewhere?

I'd love to have something like this at home, but I just don't have any room for that behemoth, let alone the bank roll to invest in it. Maybe they'll come out with a super-saver model. :p

I'm also curious about how long it takes to set up. I'd imagine it's an entire day adventure.

6. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I've tried to be very clear that I've not used the Titan yet and, like any other consumer, I'm proceeding with my purchase based on existing reviews and information on the product. My partnership with Fitcore will not be finalized until I receive and approve the Titan. Based on what I've read I have every expectation that I'm going to love this thing, but if for any reason I don't love it then I'll simply say so and send the unit back. To get right to the point, I don't recall ever endorsing or directly recommending the Titan. I wanted to post this advance information because so many people have been asking for it. I'm very sorry for any confusion this may have caused!

I think it takes about 5 hours (+/-) to set up. I believe it comes 30% pre-assembled.

7. Daan

Daan Well-Known Member

It just scares the hell out of me! ;-) I don’t think its suitable for apartments… it will just crash trough the floor i think...

8. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

You'd have to check with your apartment complex to be sure, but at over 3/4 of a ton for a loaded Titan + 300-pound Olympic barbell set, you probably have good reason to worry... but not as much as the people who live below you. ;)

9. PaulWade

PaulWade Well-Known Member

Just to be clear on why I said "recommend", you have stated before that you would never accept a sponsor (or partner?) whose products you didn't use and believe in...that's what makes the statement about you partnering with Fitcore come across as a direct endorsement, even thought the deal may not be inked. I understand now you didn't necessarily mean it that way, but I doubt I'm the only one that mistook that statement for a recommendation. Anyway, sorry.

I'm envious of the people who can get something like this though. Seems to be a very nice piece of equipment. And at only $200 for shipping 3/4 of a ton (1500lbs?!?), you won't get a better mail order deal I don't think. Do you have the other dimensions? Height/width, etc.?

10. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

That's absolutely true - I won't. I said those exact words to Fitcore when we were first discussing this deal. I also mentioned at least twice in this thread that the deal was not going to be finalized until I received and had a chance to check out the Titan. Of course not everyone has read every word I've written, so I can see why this thread may have created some confusion. Sorry about that - I should have been more clear and re-stated my position.

Base machine (925 lbs - not including weights)
    Length: - 98.4 Inches
    Width - 86.6 Inches
    Height - 87.7 Inches

Loaded machine (1322 lbs - not including weights)
    Length - 98.4 Inches
    Width - 106.2 Inches
    Height - 87.7 Inches

11. Stecman

Stecman Well-Known Member

I'm planning on getting one in December. It's going to take me that long to convince my wife to stay with me when I do! :D

A few questions for anyone that has one:

How much garage space does this take up? Will it fit in a normal size garage (height wise). What about a 1 car garage? If I put it in a two car garage could I fit another car in there? (comfortably?)

I saw some weird looking dumbbells on the exercise list. I'm a big fan of dumbbell stuff so first of all, would I need to buy a dumbbell set and 2nd of all, what the heck is that weird dumbbell thing?

12. Emilio

Emilio Well-Known Member

Hey John,

Just wanted to wish you luck with your new bussiness partnership. I would LOVE to have one of those but being a college student who is 360 miles from home its just not going to happen. To be honest though thats pretty much the ULTIMATE home gym. I cannot think of one excercise that cannot be performed with that machine. Heck, I could do more with just that one machine than I can at the local YMCA (no calve raises...). I also love the ability to use free weights while also having the option to do use a smith machine. One hell of a Bad Arse machine to say the least!

13. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

I don't have one yet, but I'll try to help you.

I've posted the dimensions above. It would probably be best to take a tape measure and figure out how it would fit in your garage.

You don't need to buy a dumbbell set, of course. Are you talking about option "E"? Option "E" allows one to position the dumbbells overhead, which makes things much easier when using heavy weights. I'll cover this when I get my unit and do my review.

14. John Stone

Staff Member Owner

Thanks Emilio!

I've always enjoyed your contributions to this forum. You're a bright guy with a bright future. I trust that one day you can have damn near anything you want. Keep working hard! :tu:

Thanks for the kind words.

15. Stecman

I guess I should clarify, and you probably won't be able to answer until you get it all set up and do the lfits - On a lot of the lifts you stand beyond the titan - your legs are out beyond it, etc. Just wondering if you'd have room in a two car garage - if so, what about in a two-car garage and another car?

In other words, how much does your body stick out on each side?
    (once again, no hurry - I've got awhile till I buy one :) )

16. hyoogeness

hyoogeness Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe the term is "live footprint," though I could be off. It is the complete functional dimenstions for an average individual.

I suppose John could try to come up with it on his own if he wants, drawing lines (with whatever means) around the titan and then expanding it as far as he needs when using the individual exercises, leaving the lines at their maximum distance from the titan and then measuring that. That'd probably be very valuable to anyone considering buying this over the internet and wondering about space issues.

17. oneslackr

oneslackr Well-Known Member

I should be able to answer your question fairly accurately by the end of this week. I'm setting up my Titan in my 2 car garage and my garage is definitely on the small side for 2 car garages.

I'm hoping to leave enough room for my wife so she can still park her Honda Pilot in there. Though I'm fairly sure that I'll have to move her car into the driveway when I want to work out. But that is only a minor hassle & will take 10 seconds. (in a regular to large sized 2 car garage moving a car out of the way might not be an issue).

Now if only my flooring would show up so I can get that done & then put my Titan together. I want to start :bb: .

18. Stecman

Cool man, let me know.

What type of flooring you get? Whats the ETA on that?

And... let us know how much time it takes to get the beast set up.

19. LarryNC

LarryNC Well-Known Member

This is one crazy gym. I think after I buy my car It would take about 4-5 months to earn enough for this thing fully loaded. Of course my parents would break all my body parts if I tryed, therefor I couldn't use it, but at least I would have it. My parents would bug me forever about how going to a gym for only a dollar a day is better If I moved out they would leave messages on my phone bugging me and saying it was a mistake, etc. Lol

Killer gym though, in the years to come, one will be mine.

20. Zerebus

Zerebus Well-Known Member

*does some calculations*

Yeah, I'm thinking that if I bought this monster, it would collapse the flooring in my apartment.... and fall right through to the next apartment below, and the one below that, and the one below that......

Say, John, did you say a max load of 300lbs? The website says 300kg, or 660lbs. Is there a discrepency?

#20 Zerebus, May 17, 2005
    Last edited: May 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.