1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Official "AtLarge Nutrition" review & discussion thread

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by John Stone, Jan 30, 2005.

1. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

2. chris mason

chris mason Well-Known Member
    Official Sponsor

We are very excited to be here!

I have had a chance to look over this site and find it to be very well run.

Our dealings with John have been top-notch and we look forward to being sponsors for some time to come.

3. chris mason

Official Sponsor

I will make an effort to frequent these forums and will be available to answer any questions concerning our products.

In addition, I have been training for 17+ years and am a drug-free trainee. I have a wealth of training knowledge which I would be happy to share with anyone interested in my thoughts.

Our company sponsors some of the strongest athletes in the world (Phil Harrington recently set the all-time squat record in the 181 lb class with 855 lbs!) and I have access to their training knowledge as well.

4. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

I have ordered from Chris and AtLarge. I have found all of their products (especially the Nitrean) to be of high quality and their customer service is excellent. If you order from ALN, you will not regret your purchase.

5. RAYMOND

RAYMOND Well-Known Member

Go

Chris

any problems shipping to Canada?One of the other sponsors won't and hope you don't have the same silly policy :spaz:
    ________
    FETISHxSTYLE

#5 RAYMOND, Jan 31, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  6. chris mason

Official Sponsor

Thank you very much Hobbes!

7. 1FastGTX

1FastGTX Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Welcome Chris! Good to have you.

Wow, Phil Harrington and Brad Cardoza, very cool!

8. HobbesAB

HobbesAB Well-Known Member

I believe that ALN ships to Canada using USPS Air Parcel and the customer is rsponsible for any additional sales tax or fees incurred when shipping. Having said that, I doubt you'll run into any extra fees. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that the possibility exists.

9. Maffy

Maffy Well-Known Member

Don't mean to be cynical here, but isn't John's glowing review of EST just a little much? He says it dramatically reduces delayed onset muscle soreness, gets rid of common joint aches and stiffness, increases testosterone production, and practically ensures a great night's sleep. In other words, it does just about everything you could possibly want a supplement to do.

I'm always wary of any supplement that claims to do so much, and I've tried A LOT of them before realizing that none of them do. I've not tried EST, so I certainly can't say these claims are inflated in this case, but if they aren't it will be a first.

10. John Stone

John Stone Every day is Leg Day
    Staff Member Owner

Great first post. :rolleyes:

First of all, I reported exactly what I experienced - nothing more. Do you know how many potential sponsors I turn down each month? A bunch. I'm not a "whore" and I stand behind everything I said in my review: ETS did dramatically reduce my DOMS. End of story. I never said it "gets rid of common joint aches and stiffness", I said I've noticed less stiffness and fewer aches and pains. That's 100% true. Also, ZMA is known to increase natural "T" production, so there's not much argument there. I also never claimed that ETS "practically ensures a great night sleep", I simply said that I've noticed an incredible difference, but this is NOT uncommon - many people who take ZMA before bed report the exact same thing.

It's not a miracle supplement, but it is a very good one and I'm glad I found it.

11. chris mason

Official Sponsor

What John said.

We do ship to Canada and Hobbes was spot on.

12. Maffy

Maffy Well-Known Member

Woah, I did not mean to come across nearly as negatively as I apparently did. I was not in any way suggesting that you were making up your experiences with this product. Or that you are "whoring" the product for the sake of the sponsorship. It's just that, especially when it comes to supplements, perception is not the same thing as reality. Since you haven't taken the product in any kind of a controlled scientific environment, there really is no way to conclusively attribute all those benefits to the ETS as opposed to any number of any other dietary,training or physiological causes. And I don't believe that the ZMA's ability to actually increase testosterone has ever been definitively proven.

The purpose of my message was not to criticize, insult or attack. Nor was it to discredit the product. Rather, it was to question and open up a discussion. As I said, I think making supplements sound like a panaceas is way to common in the world of bodybuilding and fitness. I'm just interested to hear what other people think and what their experiences have been. Who knows, maybe lots of others will respond with similar experiences to yours, John. If that turns out to be the case, it would certainly make the claims much less likely to be erroneously attributed benefits from unrelated sources.

13. Sureal2day

Sureal2day Well-Known Member

The site indicated the product is in capsule form. Is the capsule made of gelatin? If so, can I just extract the powder and wash it down with water (it's what I do with my omega3 capsules). Had been thinkin about zma's, I'll go ahead and try this product. Thanks

14. chris mason

Official Sponsor

Yes, you sure can. Please do give it a try and let everyone know what you think (as well as any of our other products).

15. Sureal2day

The site's "supplement fact" link is broken, just incase you didn't know.

16. chris mason

Official Sponsor

I appreciate you mentioning it, but I don't see it. Which one is not working (there is one for each product)?

17. chris mason

Official Sponsor

I also want to thank everyone who has welcomed myself and my company to the boards. I (we) really appreciate it!

18. Sureal2day

Nvm, its workin now, thankx

19. cutepape

cutepape Well-Known Member

This is so typical my bad luck... find something that would be nice to try, but I'm a swede living in Ireland.. and ALN doesnt really ship outside US/CAN...

Mason:
    Any idea what the cost would be for a new years pack and a an extra ETS? approx... =)

/Patrick

20. chris mason

Official Sponsor

The actual shipping cost with USPS Air Parcel would be just over $40. If you want to order I will charge you $30 shipping. You can PM me to handle this matter if you decide to do it.