1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

NYBB J hooks on Powertec power rack?

Discussion in 'Gym Equipment' started by cubbybear, Nov 16, 2007.

1. cubbybear

cubbybear Active Member

Has anyone tried to use NYBB's 2.5" J hooks on their Powertec racks? Powertec advertises the tubing as 2.5"; however my Powertec's tubing measures 2.25" and the holes are 1 1/8" for the 1" rod. The stock attachments measure 2.5" inside dimension which fit with a little slop over the 2.25 inch tubing. So I was thinking unless the NYBB J hooks are made larger than a 2.5" inside measurement, they should fit similar to the stock pieces. I called NYBB to ask about them and the lady said "they are made only for their racks and will not work on any other rack". It wasn't the kind of answer I was looking for :nope:. It's not that big a deal, I just prefer the J hook style and haven't seen any other like-sized racks with them which might fit.

2. 49er

49er Active Member

I purchased these NYBB J-hooks C-9257-2.5 (Black) for my Powertec power rack last month, and they work fine. Original Powertec J-hooks and NYBB have the same amount of play. On NYBB it's easier to load/unload the bar than original hooks because no lip, just good slope back.

Had great service - ordered on Saturday afternoon and received order Thursday at noon via Federal Express (New York to New Hampshire). Added several items to spread $16 base shipping/handling charge.

3. cubbybear

cubbybear Active Member

Thanks, that's good to hear!