1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Nowhereman

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by Nowhereman, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Nowhereman

Nowhereman Well-Known Member

Ok I totally rocked it, as far as increases go.

Bench
    165x8

Press
    100x6

The bench was a 3 rep increase and the press a 1 rep increase. Totally not above normal for me. I've increased the bench quite a few pounds in the past month or so. I'm especially happy since I'm on a deficit. I made a recent reply to Foley on creatine and how I think I'm a non-responder BUT either the creatine is helping out OR the 15 wings and fries from Wing Stop last night gave me some extra juice :drool:.

Hopefull I can expect big gains on my squat tomorrow.

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :tucool:

Do you need me to put the pressure on again? :D

3. Nowhereman

Either that or an order of wings.:)

4. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    :lol: It's easier for me to write that I hope you get those big gains on the squat, so I will. Kick ass, Nowhereman.

5. Nowhereman

I can give you the number to our local Wing Stop. :p

Thanks, I had a good workout. I went up on all my heavy lifts, 6 of 'em. I didn't have a 3 rep increase on my squat but I decided to move it up 5lbs, because adding 2.5 plates to 225 just looks silly, and I did 6 reps.

Squat
    235x6
    185x9

I'm really making sure I get down on these, Rippetoe style squats, so they are a bit below parallel.

I was kind of proud of this lift yeterday and I didn't put it.

DB Overhead Tricep Extension
    100x5

Maybe I like it just because it's a nice round number. 100. I do need help setting it up but then I have to remind my spotter to step back because they want to help.

Everyone have a good weekend.

6. Nowhereman

I think I gave my self too much time to reach my strength goals. I did 165x8 on the bench yesterday. Oh well, I'm not used to making these types of goals so I'll just leave them like that and make mini-goals, reach them, do a jig, and then set new ones.

7. Nowhereman

Bench
    170x8
    120x10

Military Press
    100x7

OK I already hit my goal for the bench I set for the half way mark.:lol: I suck at making long term goals. The increase in this exercise has been pretty crazy.

Next Bench goal 190x8. :flex:

8. dejavued

dejavued Senior Member

nice work nowhereman!!! :claphigh:

9. Nowhereman

Thanks Deja, I plan to be benching with 225 by the end of the year, for reps. That would be awesome. Man I remember wanting to bench 135 for reps.

Thanks for stopping by, I know I haven't been a very good visitor of journals, but I'll blame that on my social ineptness. My posts would probably just be..."yeah" or "good job". But seriously congrats on your recent superstardom.

10. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

Hey Buddeh!1!1!

I hope all is well with you. Congratulations on the hitting your goals. Seriously man, that's awesome! Helpful hint, concentrate on doing dips (weighted if you can), heavy tricep push/pulldowns, dumbbell press. This will really help you add numbers to your bench :)

Cheers!

11. Nowhereman

Wow, two superstars in one day! :)

Yeah thanks. It does feel good. I was reading Stuart McRobert's book and he mentioned how it would be a good idea to set a goal for strength. Aim to do 5-10% more of your current weight. Little by little your strength will climb.

I haven't done dips in a while, I was doing my BW plus 85lbs a while back. I am doing heavy Tricep Overhead extensions at 100lbs. Thanks for the advice.

Oh and it's good that your are posting in your journal again. That's always a good read.

12. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    And now a post by a mere mortal.

Congrats on reaching your goal and I'm looking forward to reading about your reaching deuce and a quarter for reps later this year. :nod:

13. Nowhereman

Deadlift
    310x7
    195x9

It was a pretty good workout today. I went up on all my lifts. I don't think I quite hit calories under maintenance this week. Seems like I'm recomping more than anything. I didn't lose any weight, waist stayed the same though, BUT my lifts went up. I'm not going to change anything just yet. I'll see what happens at the end of the week.

But if I don't lose weight I don't know if I'll just decide to recomp, instead of officially cut. My lifts are going up BUT it would take me forever to lean out at my current pudgy state.

Decisions, decisions.

14. Nowhereman

Bench
    175x5
    120x12

Press
    100x7
    65x10

Went up 5lbs on the bench and I finally went up on the lighter reps, stayed pretty neutral on the press. Actually, it felt a little heavier
    I decided I'm going to keep at these calories and recomp here until my progress in the strength department slows down (stops) then I'll decide to either cut or bulk up, it will probably be a cut

#54 Nowhereman, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  15. Nowhereman

Squat
    235x8
    185x10

A while I ago I stated I was going to get a Ronnie Coleman Shut up and Squat Shirt when I got to 300. That is a goal for this year. I want that shirt. I was "pretty" close to that when I first made that remark BUT I didn't feel my form was up to par. Now I make sure that I go slightly below parallel, if not it's not a rep. Don't know if there is a cool one I would like for the bench or deadlift but I will get that shirt this year.

[​IMG]

16. Nowhereman

Bench
    175x5
    125x9

Press
    100x7
    65x10

Not a winner of a workout today. My heavy benches stayed the same. I did go up 5lbs on the lighter reps

My press stayed the same but the lighter one went down by one. :(

I noticed a couple of exericses I had never seen at the gym today. A skull crusher where the skull meets the crush half way. The guy would lift his head to meet the barbell for each rep. Dude was bigger then me so who am I to argue. I still prefer full range of motion.

The other was two ladies working out on the leg curl. One of them was doing the leg curl and the other was spotting her but it looked like she was doing a curl with her arms. I don't think either was getting anything out of the exercises.

17. Rise

Rise Active Member

hey nowhere, you are gettin strong man!! glad to see that you've really been sticking with things for such a long time now. it's good motivation for me to read your journal after taking 3 months off!

i ilke your squat goal: 275x8 - that's some heavy duty squatting. if you're not careful, your going to have to get some bigger pants to fit those legs in :lol:

18. Nowhereman

Good of you to stop by. I had to buy some pants yesterday! Mostly because I haven't bought any in a while and the other ones were pretty old and probably shrunk a few sizes. I hate shopping for clothes.

19. Nowhereman

Deadlift
    310x6 :(
    195x10

Down a rep from last week. Not sure if it's the fact that I had a cheat meal yesterday and it was a pretty poor one (I think it had less calories than my regular meal). Or just a bad day.

Either way I'll be closely monitoring this. I did better on some other lifts though and I did go up on the lighter set of the deads.

20. Nowhereman

Bench
    175x5
    125x9

Press
    100x7
    65x11

Looks like my deficit finally caught up to my strength. I'll just keep a close eye on things and make sure they don't fall.

The fact that I need a spotter for my overhead extensions is starting to be a problem. For some reason, no matter who I ask, they feel the need to help me with each rep. I make sure I tell them I can do at least five and that I only need help setting it up and taking it off my hands when I'm done. I feel odd telling them to back off in the middle of the set.