1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

Not as bad as I used to look, but still not great. Here's to the future....

Discussion in 'Media Threads' started by crazyea, Jun 30, 2005.

1. HevyMetal

HevyMetal Well-Known Member

One picture is worth a thousand words. Congratulations!

2. crazyea

crazyea Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the encouragement, much appreciated.

I still have a long hall ahead, and have been too satisfied with my current self, I need to bear down and work harder to get to where I really want to be.......280 was bad, 220, is better, but not much, realistically I need to be 170-180. Another 50lbs to go before I can try to put on any muscle.

With all the support that I receive here, and even though the temptation to take it off in 3-6 months is there, I need to be patient and think long term. I should be there in another year......

3. crazyea

HUGE BUMP!!

So here we are 6 long years later from my last post. I last logged onto JSF 4 years ago, but probably only because I got a birthday message or just wanted to see if my login worked. Surprised I wasnt cut long ago.

Anyway, by that time 4 years ago I had gained back 50lbs, tipping the scales at 270. I am ashamed to say that I did not stop there.

I lost my job, seperated briefly from my wife and depression kicked in. I ballooned up to 293lbs. That was my worst point. All that work I put in was for nothing. I couldnt believe I let myself go like that. AGAIN.

Ok, so enough about all that. I do have some good news. I put my foot down and simply told myself I would never breach 300. NEVER.

I am logging in today at the same weight I was when I gave up last time. I am as of this morning 222lbs. I have achieved this through regular use of my elliptical machine, counting calories, and being more active with my children (they play baseball and soccer, and I join them on practices).

I have much greater support this time around as my wife of 17 years, also decided in January (when we bought the elliptical) that she had enough of being overweight. She is my inspiration having lost close to 90lbs herself. I love her to death. The last time she was not at all ready and it was very hard for me. I am not saying it was her fault I gave up. It wasn't. It was mine 100%. I am just so glad she is on board!!!

I am as enthusiastic as I was in january when we started this journey together. I am coaching my daughters soccer team. I go to all the kids practices and try to be invloved as much as I can. I am active, watching what I eat and am ready to reach that goal!!

I am losing 1-2lbs per week. I should hit my goal sometime in January.

I AM GLAD TO BE BACK!!!

I am looking forward to being here and sharing my journey with you!!

Thanks,

Elton.

#43 crazyea, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  4. crazyea

I guess its a ghost town here now. Much more vibrant in my memory. I think I will stick to the myfitnesspal forums.

5. FatLenny

FatLenny Active Member

I used myfitnesspal for a while... the mobile app caused all sorts of problems with my handset, though. I never checked out the forums there, unfortunately. Never a good feeling when you don't get a response, I guess.

I wouldn't call this a ghost town exactly. This has been mentioned in another thread recently, but apparently the readership and page views is way up compared to years past, but post counts are lower. It seems that the members here have shifted to reading, but are more selective about responses.

The way I see it is that the responses I do get are more valuable. People don't post random thoughts. The are making sure their contribution is worthwhile...

I read your post when you made it last Wednesday, but didn't respond mainly because I am not familiar with you. I didn't(and don't usually) have the time to read a lot of the old journals. I figured I would wait and see if some of the folks I know responded and join the conversation then. Sorry...

From what I see, you've had great results before, so I assume you know how to get those results again. You are the same weight as when you stopped pursuing your goals before, so this is a nice place to pick up. Finish what you started, man! :tu:

6. carguy

carguy Well-Known Member

Regardless of what has happened in the past, you are doing and looking great right now. Congrats on the major weight loss.:tucool: You've got a fire in your (shrinking) belly now that will carry you far. Keep us posted.