1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

No sweets for a month

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by Mitek, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

Almost broke down and bought a monster energy yesterday but I didn't. If I can keep tea made in the house its not to bad.

2. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

Well, well, it's been a week, now isn't it? So far all I've eaten that can be considered 'sweet' (fruits and low-fat dairy excluded) are two cookies (and for me two cookies in a week is like sniffing a cigarette butt for an avid smoker). So I will continue, and I hope you will as well :).

3. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

A good tea is a marvel in itself, when it is not spoiled by sugar or confectionery (which completely kill the taste of tea). You just have to make it right, to serve it right, and to drink it right :).

4. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

Thank god I like my tea natural. :gl:

5. Apolon

Apolon Well-Known Member

I went golfing this weekend and bought a Monster. It was a low carb version so not near as bad as it could of been. Otherwise, I have been doing good.

6. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

So, it's been two weeks now. No chocolates or sweets per se, though I did consume one or two low cal cookie in some of the days. I keep saying that this is nothing compared to what I was used to before, and it's true, however I am somewhat disappointed by my inability to rein in my petty desires in a complete fashion. I will have to be working on this.

7. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

3 weeks tomorrow. I'm still holding with no more than a couple of low-cal cookies or a low-cal jam sandwich per day. It seems to be working: my weight, which was plateaued for God knows how long, started dropping, and finally I'm below 90 kg today (the first since I don't know when, if you disregard a bout of flu, that threw me into the 87 a few months ago).

8. Mitek

Mitek Active Member

This challenge is over. It seems I'm the only one who took it in the end, and I also didn't stick to it flawlessly (though I did reduce the amount of sweets I consume drastically, so this challenge was good for me, and I'm finally making some progress on my cut, after a rather long plateau). I am going to celebrate it tonight with a nice ice cream :eat: (60 years of Independence of my country is as good a reason as any) and then back to almost-no-sweets for as long as I can stand it :)