1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

No Missed Workouts in January

Discussion in 'Fitness Challenges' started by jdb-44, Jan 2, 2009.

1. BJD77

BJD77 Active Member

My life is but a list of goals...lol

My specific workout goals are walking on my treadmill every night for 30 min and weight training MWF

that and keeping my foods as clean as I can and still getting enough calories seem to be a challenge in themselves

Baby steps

one day i hope to look in the mirror and not just see :moon:

2. BJD77

BJD77 Active Member

ok jdb another workout done:D

workouts remaining-11

3. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

Good job, BJD!

I unfortunately had to miss a workout today. First one all month. :(

I've been doing lots of intense cardio and eating more sparingly, and that plus a minor cold finally caught up to me last night. I figure that taking today plus the weekend off should have me OK by Monday.

Keep it up!

4. TooMuch

TooMuch Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ye, man. I felt bad, too when I missed 2 workouts in December due to cold. But I came back strong and so will you! :tu:

5. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

Thanks! Now, it's just a matter of figuring out exactly how much I can do without overdoing it again.

Love your Bolo quote, by the way. What a great movie!

6. TooMuch

TooMuch Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    7/7 this month.

7. BJD77

BJD77 Active Member

Ok def earned myself workout point btwn last night and today.

only did couple min of cardio last night but did my weight resistance

Walked the mall today and also took my dog on an hour walk

Workouts remaining: 10:claphigh:

8. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

Ugh. I was going to get back to it this morning, but I started feeling the beginnings of a bad cold coming on yesterday afternoon.

Fortunately, I seem to have fought it off, and I got a really good night of sleep last night. So I plan on returning to the gym tomorrow AM.

9. BJD77

BJD77 Active Member

UGGHHHH jdb hope you are feeling better soon!

Took Tobey on another hr walk and did my weight resistance today

Workouts remaining : 9

10. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

Thanks, BJD. Unfortunately, today was a no-go too. I refuse to go to the gym when my body is sending me "SLOW DOWN!!" signals. I don't want to lose even more time due to overdoing it.

Even though I didn't work out Friday or Monday, I made a point of getting plenty of rest and eating well. That's been a problem of mine in the past--when I felt sick, I'd dive into the comfort (read: JUNK) food, and lots of it. Not this time! I've been doing too well for too long, I am NOT losing sight of my goals.

Congrats on your consistency. I'm sure your dog appreciates it, too! How's the weather where you live? Is it brutally cold, as it's been here in northern Illinois? I'd have a hard time getting outside for hour-long dog walks.

11. BJD77

BJD77 Active Member

It has been really cold here. The last two times I have taken him out it has been 12 degrees. But that is heaven compared to the -15 we seem to have all last week.

I did not have a stellar weekend as far as food choices but like you said I have my eyes on the prize and may not make the best food choices but alot better ones than I would have two weeks ago. Ive put in too much to give up so easily.

What kind of dog do you have?

12. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

Actually, we don't. We have two cats, who really don't want to go for walks!

I was just asking because some friends have lately been telling me of their own cold weather dog-walking storeis.

Keep going! We're most of the way through January!

13. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

Finally! Back to the gym. Took it easy today, since this cold is still lingering...

Today's workout (weights and cardio): done.
    Workouts complete: 11/14
    Workouts to go: 7

14. BJD77

BJD77 Active Member

Another workout bites the dust

This really is helping me stay motivated to do my workouts jdb:D

Workouts remaining 8

Did it feel good getting back to the gym??

15. gregwool

gregwool Well-Known Member

First day back. My back actually still hurts (I injured it exactly a month ago, on December 21). I went to a chiropractor and he made it feel better for a couple days, but then the pain returned. He did say that because its a muscular injury and not anything to do with the spine or sciatic nerve, that I still can be active even though my back is telling me not to. So, I'll take it a little bit easy and see if bringing some activity back makes it feel any better. This has been a long month of pain. Anywho, I'm back. Today was my first of 12 remaining workouts for the month. 4 days lifting, 1 plyometrics, 1 HIIT per week.

1/12.

16. BJD77

BJD77 Active Member

GL with your back Greg. Is there anything they can do for a muscle injury or will it repair itself in time? Im naive about that stuff.

Props to you for working out with an injury if it is safe. I have a hard enough time motivating myself without them.

17. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

You bet. I kept my performance expectations low, and managed to do OK. I didn't get any nasty headaches or feel as if I was about to faint or anything like that.

We're 2/3 through the month! Keep it up!

18. jdb-44

jdb-44 Active Member

Welcome back, gregwool! I hope you're feeling well and can get your workouts in!

19. gregwool

Is there anything they can do for a muscle injury or will it repair itself in time? Im naive about that stuff.[/quote]

If you know of a "they" that can help injuries, please let me know. For now I'm going off of the guidance of the people on this board, my chiropractor, and my movement teachers. I'll 'listen' to my body, and stop if and when I need to. I've just been going crazy these last two weeks without working out, and I feel like crap as a result.

Much thanks. I've been working out consistently since May, and after a while it just became the norm, so taking these last few weeks off has felt like it used to feel to make myself to go to the gym, if that makes sense.

20. gregwool

Thanks very much! Like I said, I'll play it by ear and only do what it feels like I can do. I think this is just one of those injuries that'll heal slowly over time and give me a lot of guff meanwhile. At least I have you fine people on this site for support :tucool:.