1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

NO EXCUSES! - Docutech's Fitness Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by docutech, Dec 29, 2007.

1. docutech

docutech Active Member

Another breathing squat workout is behind me. I think I did well. Working my legs and back twice week isn't as bad as I imagined it would be. Instead of taking tomorrow off, I decided i will go to the gym to do some miscalenous exercises.

Here are todays numbers:

Gym time: 50 minutes
    MAX HR: 175
    AVG HR: 132
    Calories burned: 548 (40% fat)

Todays caloric intake: 2718

2. docutech

docutech Active Member

Incline push ups, weighted crunches (using the crunch smith machine), chin ups, dips and calf presses made up this mornings workout. The gym was a ghost town so I had the weight area all to myself for the entire duration. Tomorrow is my day off and I look forward to chillin' out.

Here are todays numbers:

Gym time: 45 minutes
    MAX HR: 161
    AVG HR: 126
    Calories burned: 444 (45% fat)

:wave:

3. docutech

docutech Active Member

**Weekly weigh in**

170.8lbs

After throughly enjoying my day off yesterday, I was eager to get in the gym this morning. Anticipating the breathing squats all weekend, I marched directly to the squat box. I warmed up and before I knew it I was breathing rather heavily. 25 reps later my heart was thumping and I was breathing pretty hard. My legs were on fire and I needed to sit down to rest. I maintained the rest of this mornings exercises with similar intensity. DOMS have set in in my legs.

It has been a solid week since I've upped my caloric intake and the scale isn't lying. One pound heavier than last week :nod:. Things are looking pretty good so far :tucool:

Here are todays totals:

MAX HR: 174
    AVG HR: 135
    Calories burned: 514

Calories consumed: 2700

Yesterdays calories: 2200:confused:

Ich bin m[SIZE=-1]ΓΌ[/SIZE]de...

Nighty night all!

4. docutech

docutech Active Member

This mornings cardio session consisted of a trip around the world*. I crossed many seas and traveled many continents. Some of the landmarks I saw were the Eiffel Tower, Swiss alps, and the Colorado Rockies.

Unfortunately, 40 minutes weren't enough to see it all and my cardio session came to an end.

Here are todays numbers:

Gym time: 46 minutes
    MAX HR: 181
    AVG HR: 161
    Calories burned: 717(30% fat)

Todays calories: 2792

*Around the world is one of the "Hills Plus" settings on the ProForm Elliptical machine ;)

#124 docutech, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  5. docutech

docutech Active Member

I knew I was forgetting something last night :confused: I totally forgot to update my journal :bang:

Yesterdays workout happened as usual, same time, same place. Here are yesterdays numbers:

MAX HR: 165
    AVG HR: 128
    Calories burned: 460 (50% fat)

Calories consumed: 2766

This morning I performed LISS cardio for 40 minutes. Here are todays numbers:

MAX HR: 169
    AVG HR: 159
    Calories burned: 646 (30% fat)

6. docutech

docutech Active Member

Well, another great workout is behind me.

Breathing squats with more weight, SLDL's with more weight, bent over rows with more weight...:bb:

Here are todays numbers:

Gym time: 49 minutes
    MAX HR: 181
    AVG HR: 138
    Calories burned: 552(39% fat)

Have a good weekend everyone! :neener:

7. docutech

docutech Active Member

**Weekly Weigh in**

170.4 lbs

I enjoyed the 2 days off after Fridays workout. DOMS in my legs and back were still nagging me yesterday despite having time off.

My day began ealy, as usual. Being quite sore from Fridays breathing squats I was a bitt apprehensive of doing them today. I stepped in the gym and got a boost of energy. After warming up a bit I managed to squeeze out 25 solid reps with increased weight on the bar. I was pretty pumped! :nod: Since the gym was quite empty I had the weight area all to myself once again. I took my time and set up my exercise stations without having to rush in fear of someone jumping in and interrupting my flow.

Another solid workout :tucool: I could feel the pump in my chest from the bench press and my lats were quite poofy from the barbell bent over rows. Once I got home I posed in front of the mirror for a few minutes looking things over...:D

Lets catch up on the food intake from the past 2 days:

Saturdays intake: 2783 calories
    Sundays intake: 2342 calories :o

Todays numbers:

Gym time: 47 minutes
    MAX HR: 178
    AVG HR: 144
    Calories burned: 504 (46% fat)

Caloric intake: 2652

Happy Monday everyone! :wave:

#127 docutech, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  8. docutech

docutech Active Member

The cardio workout this morning had me sweatin up a storm. I forgot to bring in my headband so sweat just rolled off of my face. Good workout!

Here are todays numbers:

MAX HR:185
    AVG HR: 167
    Calories burned: 748(20% fat)

Todays caloric intake: 2750

9. docutech

docutech Active Member

So once again I am playing "catch-up". The past few days have been pretty hectic. Despite not being able to update my journal on a regular basis, I have continued my progress in the gym without any interruptions. I am very excited with my progress over the past 3 weeks and with only 7 days until picture time I am eager to see the side by side comparison.

Ok, lets look at yesterday:
    Calf work- 2 warmup sets @ 180, 3x15@360
    Dips-17
    BB bicep curls 2 wu sets@bar
    Close grip chin-ups- 14 (cumulative 2 sets)
    Ab Bench- 1x15@30, 1x15@20, 1x15@10. By the last set my abs were on fire!:doh:
    DB Shoulder press-2 wu sets @20 then 2 sets@35

Gym time:44 minutes
    MAX HR: 167
    AVG HR: 126
    Calories burned: 433(50% fat)

Calories consumed: 2628

Today:

Today was cardio. For the second time this week I jumped on the Arc Trainer. Incline set to 4 and resistance set to 35. 40 minute duration with Paul Wall, TI and PimpC providing the music to keep me motivated. Apparently I got a bit loud while attempting to mimic one of the rappers because my gf smacked me and told me to SHHHH!:o
    By the end of the workout I was sweating profusely and felt great. A brief cool down on the treadmill and I was done:tucool:

Here are todays numbers:

Gym time: 46 minutes
    MAX HR: 180
    AVG HR: 165
    Calories burned: 740 (20% fat)

Calories consumed: 2726
    :wave:

#129 docutech, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  10. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

:wave: Hey Doc!

Just checkin' in on ya! How are those breathing squats treating you?

11. docutech

docutech Active Member

Thanks for stopping by!

THe breathing squat routine is going very well. I have made some significant progress in the past 3 weeks. This morning I was squatting away and at rep 15 things got pretty tough. I worked through it and managed to squeeze out an additional 10 reps for a total of 25. :doh: I was barefoot yet my right leg is still wanting to drift inwards. I think some bulgarians will be in my future workouts.

No doubt things will only get harder but I will work through it somehow.:bb:

So, another breathing squat routine is complete. Here are todays numbers:

MAX HR: 177
    AVG HR: 136
    Calories burned:513 (45% fat)

Calories consumed: 2742

Only 6 more days until picture time!

#131 docutech, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  12. docutech

docutech Active Member

Ahh...

What a great 2 days off! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Tomorrow is weigh in and yet another breathing squat workout. Thursday is picture day and I cannot wait! I have made some great progress and I hope I can see it in the photos.

Here are yesterdays calories: 2672

and todays calories: 2500

I am hoping to see some gains on the scale!

Night all and stay tuned...

13. docutech

docutech Active Member

*Weekly weigh in*

169.4 lbs

Not what I was expecting at all. I have been eating like a pig lately yet I cannot manage to put on a few pounds. I guess the workouts are taking care of all those extra calories. I will continue to chip away at the fat and see what happens.

This mornings breathing squat routine was great. I managed to pump out 20 reps and an extra 5 for JSF! I am getting used to the idea of doing 25 and I know that the weight will catch up with me as it increases every time I squat. I had a pretty busy day today and had to settle for some protein/oatmeal shakes a couple of times but all of my other calories came from good clean foods.

Here are todays numbers:

MAX HR: 174
    AVG HR: 134
    Calories burned: 555 (40% fat)

Calories consumed:2667

#133 docutech, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  14. docutech

docutech Active Member

This mornings cardio session left me beat. Arc Trainer set to 5 on incline and resistance set to 36. It was challenging, VERY challenging.
    There are 2 individuals who visit my gym faithfully and I find great inspiration in my workouts when I see them in the gym.
    One of them is a frail little old man. He is about 5 foot tall, about 100 pounds and I am guessing he is in his mid to late 70's. Every morning at 5am he trots inside with a brisk walk headed directly for the Elliptical. His 30 minute cardio session makes my 40 minutes look like a walk in the park. And after he completes his cardio he heads straight for the weights. As I am walking out of the gym, he is still moving the weights!:doh:
    The other is a middle aged woman who is also in the gym as the doors open. I am guessing she is in her 40's and in great shape. She also possesses a drive during her workouts that is out of this world. The amout of energy this woman has is unbelievable. She was next to me on the Arc Trainer today and made me look like a rookie :o AND, after her 50 minute cardio workout she hits the machines for an additional who knows how long...:doh:

So, on the days when I am dragging ass and just cannot find the umpf to get going, I simply glance over to see them doing what they do best and within minutes I am giving my all.

Here are todays numbers:

Gym time: 49 minutes
    MAX HR:183
    AVG HR: 164
    Calories burned:737 (25% fat)

Calories consumed: 2758

#134 docutech, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  15. docutech

docutech Active Member

Another great workout is behind me. Tomorrow is picture day and I cannot wait to see a side by side comparison from last month.

Here are todays numbers:

MAX HR: 171
    AVG HR: 135
    Calories burned: 549(45% fat)

Calories consumed: 2706

16. docutech

docutech Active Member

So today is my 6 month anniversary of starting a new lifestyle. Things are going pretty good. I am very happy with my progress so far. I am confident that if things progress at this rate, I will be ready for the Summer! Would you believe that since I have purchased my Polar F11 and started tracking my calories on December 28th 2007, I have:

Burned 50,672 calories:eek:
    Spent 58 hours and 21 minutes in the gym

:doh:

Anyway, here are the 6 month progress pictures:

[​IMG]

Since I am performing the breathing squat routine I wanted to get a side by side comparison between the before and 4 week progress on the squat program. There is a slight difference and it is mainly in my abdominal area. This leads me to believe that I am still steadily shedding the fat. Fine by me :tu:

[​IMG]

As my body weight exercises improve (as they have been so far) i am hoping to add a bit more mass to my upper body and obtain some more definition.

This mornings cardio session went very well. I started out at 7mph and level 9 resistance but midway through I upped the resistance to 12 for the remainder of the workout.

Here are the numbers:

Gym time: 47 minutes
    MAX HR:180
    AVG HR 162
    Calories burned: 719 (30% fat)

Calories consumed: 2709

17. docutech

docutech Active Member

Here is my food log for the month of March.

Any feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Attached Files:

18. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Every miunte has paid off! :nod:

Doc. Time to start taking BF measurements...
    You are really getting down there...Your breathing squat routine...and well, mass building may start to play some games with you and the scale. It may be hard to know what is going on at first. You are adding mass and cutting BF, the scale can become an unreliable source of information in tracking your progress...:nod:

EIDT: Oh yea, keep it going dude! Six pack for the fourth?

19. docutech

docutech Active Member

Yes, I have finaly realized that the scale will not tell me much. I am still stuck in the "weight loss" mindset :lol:. Since my body continues to show new signs of progress(in the mirror) it is easier to live with the fact that the scale is not responding. Progress is being made regardless. On April 1st I will be taking anoter body fat measurement. I am betting to be ~11%. So, abs for the fourth? YES!

20. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

Atta boy! :claphigh:

Here in a few weeks, I'll start cutting again and look to be joining you in the abs dept.:nod: