1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

NO EXCUSES! - Docutech's Fitness Journal

Discussion in 'Fitness Journals' started by docutech, Dec 29, 2007.

1. docutech

docutech Active Member

:bb:

Man I love Tuesdays, I truly look forward to the workout! I get such a high when I do squats, Leg presses and straight leg deadl lifts.Not sure why but I do. I am steadily increasing my weight load for all of my exercises and the more I perform them the more comfortable I am with them. Mind you that afterwards my legs feel like noodles and walking up or down the stairs is a challenge but it feels soo good.

As mentioned before, I have been eating like a mad man (clean of course:tucool:) My calories average 2400-2700 per day now. I think I am finally getting a hang of the eating thing. The more I read the forums, the more ideas I acquire to more efficiently incorporate higher calories into my daily diet. :eat:

Here are my todays totals:

Gym time: 54 minutes
    MAX HR: 179
    AVG HR: 146
    Calories Burned 770 (35% fat)

Good day all!

2. Seltzer

Seltzer Elite Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Hey Doc, I just finished catching up on your journal and I have to congratulate you on some wonderful and healthy progress in the past three plus months. Truly a tremendous change!

It was great to read that your gf has also joined you; having the two of you committed should make things easier for both of you.

Good luck and continued success.

3. docutech

docutech Active Member

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, Paul! We are sticking to it for sure.

4. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

For some reason it is hard to find pants where the inseam exceeds the waist size.
    I wear 32 waist 36 inseam pants...effing impossible to find. So, I end up going with 34x36 which aren't exactly easy to find either. I usually go with catalog/internet order.

BTW, you are kicking ass! Keep it up! :bow:

5. docutech

docutech Active Member

Thanks Man! :tu: The hooks should be here Thursday!:bb:

I cannot wait till the 27th when it is picture time! :D

6. docutech

docutech Active Member

So, like...yea...:whistle:

Today was Cardio. Man, I was draggin' some serious ass. I don't know why but I just wasn't feeling it. I am pretty sore after yesterdays leg day so that may have been the issue. I got up despite all that and attempted to get my butt in gear. Got to the gym and realized that I forgot my tunes! :claplow: So I had to settle for some crappy "booty" videos on MTV2 and VH1 :rolleyes: I upped the incline and resistance on the Arc Trainer and pushed myself pretty hard. 40 minutes went by rather quickly and I worked up a pretty good sweat. I am feeling a bit BLAH today.

Here are the totals:

Gym time: 46 minutes
    MAX HR: 173
    AVG HR: 156 :nope:
    Calories burned 731 (30% fat)

So that's my story...

:claphigh:It's hump day yall!

7. Maya

Maya Well-Known Member

Try finding 30-waist, 36-inseam *sigh*

8. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

you have a specific day for that? hell everyday is like that for me :p

9. docutech

docutech Active Member

:doh:

10. docutech

docutech Active Member

I had a great workout this morning.

Chest and shoulders were on the agenda. I increased my weights again and tried to squeeze out good reps. The dips are getting much better as far as form and reps are concerned. I may be doing them unassisted by the time it is all said and done. After my weight training I performed 15 minutes of HIIT on the Elliptical. I enjoy doing the HIIT after my weight training so as of today HIIT will be a part of my Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday routine.

Here are todays totals:

Total time: 51 minutes
    MAX HR:172
    AVG HR: 139
    Calories burned:667 (55% fat)

:gl: all!

11. docutech

docutech Active Member

The UPS man left me a present today! I received my lifting hooks which will be used for my deadlifts and BB rows. They are really nice and comfortable. Looks like I will be putting them to good use.

I forgot to mention something earlier today. The DOMS, which plagued my legs after my leg workouts, have subsided tremendously. I no longer have the aches I did before. In short, I am guessing this is a good thing :nod: My legs must be getting used to the abuse :D

Good evening my fellow JSF'ers! Time for dinnaah!:eat:

12. docutech

docutech Active Member

So,

It is Thursday, Cardio day. I woke up refreshed and well rested. Went to bed around 8 pm last night and got some really good sleep. The thing that aggrevates me is having to get up 2 times during the night to visit the john!:bang: I drink quite a bit of water throughout the day and my last big glass of water is no later than 7pm each day. Still, I manage to fill my bladder twice throughout the night and have to get up and take care of bidness. Maybe I sould stop with the water :D (Just kidding) 40 minutes went by very fast and I was done. Decided to expand a bit more energy by doing 3x15 Captain's Chair knee raises.

**Rant**
    My day job often requires me to travel to different locations in the Saint Louis. Every day this week I have visited different accounts and would you believe each and every one of these places had "food day" in some way shape or form. From doughnuts to BBQ take out to deli sandwiches, cakes, cookies, ice cream...:mad: UGH! the temptation (to grab just even a little bite) was overwhelming. It really took all I had in me to look the other way and convince myself that even one bite would be detremental to my progress and ultimately, my success. Besides a bout 3 meals during the holidays It has been almost 4 months since I endulged in any kind of real food or worse yet, desserts. I hope that these cravings pass and pass quickly as I need to stay focused on my goals.

...anyway, here are my todays totals:

Gym time: 51 minutes
    MAX HR: 175
    AVG HR: 161
    Calories burned: 864 (20% fat)

It's Friday! WOO WOO!

#52 docutech, Jan 18, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  13. digitalnebula

digitalnebula Plagiarist

No joke. I was just complaining about this one to the wife last night...
    My routinge: Bed around 10. Wake up at 3:30 or 4 to drain it....
    I'm the type of insomniac that simply cannot get back to sleep 3 or 4 times a week too...:mad:

14. docutech

docutech Active Member

THE HOOKS ROCK! :tucool:

What a great workout I had today! Squats were a breeze, bent over DB rows were a cinch (70 lbs:bb:) and pull ups were much easier on my wrists. I can see that these will allow me to add more weight to the bars, further enhancing my progress. I absolutely love my APT lifting hooks. I followed up my weight routine with 15 minutes of HIIT cardio. Tomorrow is my day off, I need a break :nod:

Here are todays totals:

Gym time: 56 minutes
    MAX HR:175
    AVG HR: 146
    Calories Burned: 803 (30% fat)

:sleep:almost bed time...

Peace!

15. docutech

docutech Active Member

Week 3 of 8

**Weekly Weigh In**

175.4 lbs

Today begins the 3rd week of my training as suggested by Mastover. Things are going very well, I think. I am no fitness expert so I only speak of things I see in the mirror. Legs are getting stronger, more defined, biceps and shoulders are getting more and more defined, the abs tend to look different in different rooms and light conditions but overall I feel I am progressing steadily. I understand that progress will not happen overnight and hard work and dedication is the only way to make it happen.

My day off was very peacefull and well deserved. I had a heck of a time consuming 2500 calories yesterday :doh:Saturdays workout has blessed me with some DOMS so rest was a good thing. If you follow my journal, I have employed the help of some lifting hooks to aid me in some of my exercises and Saturdays workout was my first time using them. I was able to not only add more weight to the bar but maintain greater control and form throughout my exercises. I used a staggered grip during my deadlifts and the hooks helped tremendously. The bent over DB rows also improved. I was able to muster 2x10x70 after which I was pretty excited and tired:bb:. I can still feel some DOMS in my upper shoulders as a result.

I have covered most of my body's progress and wanted to leave the chest for last as I have some questions. Seems like during my chest workouts more emphasis is placed on the arms rather than the pecs themselves. I feel like my triceps are and upper arms are getting most of the workout. Is there any way to more effectively isolate my chest during the exercises? I would appreciate any tips and hints. It could be that I am being impatient. My moobs are still a bit jiggly and I am ready for them to go away and fill in with muscle. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Ok, todays workout:

Cardio, 40 minutes. Captains chair knee raises 3x15

Total Gym time: 48 minutes
    MAX HR:175
    AVG HR:162
    Calories Burned:829 (25% fat)

Good morning all!

#55 docutech, Jan 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  16. docutech

docutech Active Member

Errands, errands, errands...

I am a little late with my update today but better late then never, huh? :nod:

Once again, I must emphasize how much I enjoy my Tuesday routine. The leg workout gives me such a high that I want more and more!
    Squats today were 2 warm up sets then 2x125x10. I wanted MOAR!:bb:
    I am upping the weight on a weekly basis while maintaining good form.
    The straight leg deadlifts were a breeze with my hooks and ya'll should have seen me, I was really giving that bar some hell :tucool:
    I finished my workout with leg presses and calf raises, then it was time to do some HIIT. Captains chair knee raises finished up todays routine.

Here are the totals:

Gym time: 55 minutes
    MAX HR: 185
    AVG HR: 153
    Calories burned: 859 (30% fat)

17. docutech

docutech Active Member

Great cardio workout this morning!

Since I am working from home today, I took a little nap after my workout :o. It was very refreshing!:D

Here are this morning's totals:

Gym time: 50 mimnutes
    MAX HR: 174
    AVG HR: 160
    Calories burned: 832 (25% fat)

Well, off to work!

18. docutech

docutech Active Member

Thanks for visiting!

This mornings chest workout was great. I followed it up with 15 minutes of HIIT and within a blink of an eye I was done.

Below are this mornings totals:

Gym time: 48 minutes
    MAX HR: 179
    AVG HR: 139
    Calories Burned: 638 (40% fat)

Only 3 more days until picture update!

...stay tuned :cool:

19. docutech

docutech Active Member

:claphigh:IT'S FRIDAY!!:claphigh:

This morning's cardio consisted of the Elliptical Trainer. 40 minutes at a pace 0f 7.0 and resistance level of 10. It was challenging and I was beat aftewards but I managed to get it done :tu:. I followed it up with 3 sets of 15 of Captains Knee Raises and it was time to roll...

Here are todays totals:

Total Gym time: 52 minutes
    MAX HR: 181
    AVG HR: 161
    Calories Burned: 884 (25% fat)

Have a great weekend everyone! :neener:

20. Merk

Merk Satan is my spirit animal

ellipticals are the shit!:tu: So much kinder to the knees than a tread.