1. JSF is shutting down soon. Please see this page for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Nitrean Strawberry.... mmmm!

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Supplements' started by Justitia, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I just received for the first time At Larges Strawberry Nitrean. Chris wasn't kidding when he said it tasted good. It tastes great!. I used to drink ATW's Strawberry, whihc I though was alright but it can't beat ATLarge's :nope:

I have been drinking it with heavy cream to round out my macro's. That is great! :tu:

2. AnonIMust

AnonIMust Well-Known Member

This contributes A LOT to the taste/texture quality, IMO. 1 TB goes a long way.

3. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

And I am hoping you will be adding more flavors to the line. [​IMG] As I e-mailed you, banana woudl be great.... so would a chocolate mint. And a 3rd would be orange. In that order of preference.

(don't you love that praying smiley... )

4. tennisball

tennisball Well-Known Member

Are you taking fish oil?

5. dodus

dodus Well-Known Member

What...you have Strawberry now?! I agree w/Justitia, if you added some mint to that chocolate I'd never buy another protein powder again.

6. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

A small splash of mint extract to chocolate Nitrean gives pretty much the same or better results than most pre-mixed anyway (as long as you have an extract that isn't too alcohol tasting).

7. tennisball

tennisball Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh, good idea. Is it bad that I add splenda to my chocolate nitrean? :o

8. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

I also use a lot of orange or lemon extract with my vanilla Nitrean when I'm in the mood. Orange can give you that "Orange Julius" type of feel when blended with ice.

9. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Are you taking fish oil? ;)

10. Glaive

Glaive Well-Known Member

I would like to add that while I've not generally been very pleased with Strawberry flavored protein products, Strawberry Nitrean is definitely the best (although I still prefer Chocolate by a longshot).

However, ATW Strawberry remains would of the most gut-churning flavors I've ever tasted. Most of their flavors taste too artificial, but that one felt like drinking paint. Strange since I actually think they're Chocolate Hydrolyzed Whey tastes really good (while their Chocolate Whey Isolate makes me nauseous, go figure).

11. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

I was just teasing you tennisball. Though I was putting heavy cream in my strawberry Nitrean, that is not the only time or only source of fat in my daily intake. I take 1 mg fish oil cap every morning, 1 teaspoon of cod liver oil every morning during the winter (4.5 g) and now that is closing in on summer, I am substituting more fish Oils caps to replace that. I also take 2tsp of flax oil with Lignans when I take the fish oil and another Tablespoon with another protein shake over the course of the day. The fish and cod oils are mercury free.

I east salmon, Chilean sea bass, and low fat, fresh, wild caught fish meal 5 days a week.

So I think I get plenty of the nutrients I need from fish.

My fat sources are those listed above as well as heavy cream from grass-fed cows, organic dry-roasted almonds and peanut butter, some organic olive oil, organic natural coconut oil and fat from very lean grass-fed hormone- and antibiotic-free beef, lamb and pork, as well as chicken thighs with skin on them.

I also eat eggs with extra egg whites 3 x a week for breakfast. Other sources of completely clean protein are low-fat cottage cheese (2 x a week) and part-skim ricotta cheese.

I have 1-3 protein shakes a day when I do not have a solid meal instead. I try to eat 6 times a day.

My carbs come from salad veggies or fibrous veggies (broccoli, etc.) and on weight days, baked sweet potato or rice, all organic and steel cut oats.

The fruits I eat are: apples, Pineapple, bananas, strawberries, blueberries. Sometimes I eat mango, cantaloupe and honeydew.

I avoid all forms of soy like the plague and I don't consume other oil except some canola oil that is in some of the organic fresh salad dressings that I buy for my salad (1 - 2 TBSP/day)

My nutritional issues revolve around under-eating for the day, or eating my first meal very late in the morning or eating cheat food more than I should.

But my basic food plan is pretty well balanced and clean.

12. Justitia

Justitia Elite Member
    Lifetime Platinum Member

Good to see you again Glaive....:wave: I just gave away about 30 pounds of ATW I bought last year that I could just not bring myself to use anymore :p once I started on Nitrean. :drool:

13. Theory

Theory Active Member

I rock the strawberry as well and it is by far, the best tasting protein mix I've ever had.