1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

New to the forum, critique my meal plan please!

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by ZillaB, Jun 8, 2008.

1. ZillaB

ZillaB Active Member

Hey guys!

This is my first post so nice to meet everyone. I'm 6'3 195lbs 21 years old, but I haven't eaten healthy nor worked out much because of college. Since I graduated I want to get on track to getting a more fit body. I want to start a cut for around 8 weeks to lose about 10 pounds and then start a bulk. Although I have a normal body weight for my height, I think i have a little to much body fat so I'd like to trim some of it off before trying to put on muscle. (Of course I do have a work out program as well that I'm working on with my personal trainer during my cut)

Here is my first cutting diet so far:

M1: 1cup egg whites with orange
    WORK OUT
    M2: Nitrean protein shake with skim milk
    M3: chicken breast with green beans
    M4: 2 slices whole wheat sammich with lean turkey breast, lettuce, tomato, mustard
    M5:chicken breast with brown rice
    M6: Nitrean protein shake with skim milk

This is just an extremely rough guideline as to what I have been starting to eat this week.

BTW, I don't know my bf% since my personal trainer is training Keith Urban who is on tour right now and I'm not into online estimates or using calipers on myself so I'll have to wait till he gets back.

Thanks everyone for reading!

2. SwoleCat

SwoleCat Well-Known Member

Does your trainer provide any sort of nutritional support for what he/she has planned for you physically being that nutrition is what either makes/breaks all the hard work and effort in the gym (the "physical") doing weight training and cardio? Perhaps when he/she returns from assisting the other whom I don't recognize via the name?

Just curious honestly, as nutrition is the 1st place I begin with each individual as "you are what you eat" has never been so true, and that saying is decades upon decades old yet still holds true to everyone from the weekend warrior to Mr. Olympia. Food/nutrition is what changes when we gain/lose fat (hopefully not just "weight" which is fat AND muscle), hence that being my 1st area of focus in those I assist. Just curious as to if you had to develop your own approaches (one for weight training days/one for non weight training days as surely they are going to differ or they SHOULD (hint), will it be critiqued via the trainer, and if not, why not.

Thanks for your time, I wish you sky high success!

~SC~

3. GuitarNWeights

GuitarNWeights Active Member

The meal plan looks fine. The one thing you have to do is stick to it. Track what you eat, and how much of it. Make sure to use the measuring cup. You might eat less/more than you think you're eating.

This is just personal experience, but when cutting I can't drink skim milk - my weight just stays the same, but if it's working for you then just stay consistent. I would also try to find recipes for unique foods so you don't get fed up with the protein shakes and chicken w/ beans.

Recently I made some crustless quiche, and it tastes like a cheat meal, but it's just eggs+cottage cheese and vegetables (I like to add some meat in the mix too). You can find links to great recipes on this forum.

4. Porter_

Porter_ Active Member

GuitarNWeights, got a link to that quiche recipe? sounds good.

5. GuitarNWeights

GuitarNWeights Active Member

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopicMwa.do?id=1498939

Made it twice so far. The first time I made it with broccoli - not the best. then the second time I took the broccoli out and put bits of ham and a little bit of cheese in it, and that was really good. Sure the cheese isn't the healthiest choice, but I put only small amounts.

6. Porter_

Porter_ Active Member

thanks man, i'm definitely making this.