1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

New To The Board & Want Feedback For A Weight Tracker In The Works

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by vancouverite, May 26, 2005.

1. vancouverite

vancouverite Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Well I've decided to come out of "lurk" mode -- I've been reading the boards for about 3 months and have to say that the wealth of knowledge has really educated me in terms of my personal health.

Many of the stories have been touching and the before/after of many of the members go to show you exactly how support from a community can lead to positives.

Great job on a wonderful forum.

Anyways,

I've been working on an excel spreadsheet weight tracker and it's nearing completion. At first it was for my personal use but I thought that it would be beneficial to some of the members on this board as well and figured I would ask what types of things you would be looking for when it came to an easy to use tracker?

At the moment, you are able to input the date, your weight, your bodyfat and it will calculate the number of weeks you've been on your diet, pounds of body fat, weight left to lose, average weekly weight loss, BMI as well as a weekly graph, weekly stats, an overall weightloss graph, and an area for progress photos and notes and a diary section.

Any input would be appreciated and I will post it up to download upon completion.

Thanks!

2. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

There are a few other such spreadsheets that have been posted here over time. Perhaps do a search and download them so you can incorporate other ideas or refine your own based on what you see. Weight loss tools such as a well-developed spreadsheet will always welcome here.

Happy you joined us... welcome, wilkommen, bien venue, sawu bona, etc...

-R

3. PeteBDawg

PeteBDawg Well-Known Member

Sounds cool!

One question, though -

What do you mean by "it will calculate the number of weeks you have been on your diet?"

That could be a bunch of different things; what exactly do you mean?

4. vancouverite

vancouverite Well-Known Member

Hi, I should have been more clear. What I meant was that it will tell you your average weekly weight loss based on the number of weeks/days you've been on your diet and the approximate date you will reach your goal weight based on your current rate of loss.