1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

New to forum, not to fat loss

Discussion in 'Fat Loss/Cutting' started by AdrenalineRush, Feb 5, 2014.

1. AdrenalineRush

Hey everyone, so I joined this forum after clicking through all the fat loss/Cutting threads since I'm currently looking to lose fat. I just turned 23, male, 275 lbs, 6'0. One thing that I should mention is I've been seriously lifting weights consistently for the past year or so, but I've also been eating A LOT consistently lately...About a year ago, I was around 250 lbs., and since have been in the gym at least 5 times a week lifting, rarely throwing in cardio here and there.

About 3 years ago, I was around 220 lbs after completing p90x once, and I was pleased with the results, but I wanted to look more muscular. I got into the bodybuilding concept of "bulking" where I would train often, sleep a lot, along with a lot of clean foods. Soon I adopted the idea "I should just keep eating in a surplus, and as long as I keep training, I should be gaining muscle." Now I'm here, maybe with a lot more muscle, but also I've never been more "flabby" looking than I am today.

Now I want to basically maintain my strength but also finally start my "cutting" that I've read so much about. I'm king of making excuses like "If I start eating clean, I'll lose my strength." Which I know is not at all true. I just have trouble staying away from junk food, so I feel like this would be a good place to get this going as well as get any advice that I can. Thanks!

2. AdrenalineRush

Quick question: Is Jasmine Rice ok to eat if I will be eating chicken, rice and veggies as a large part of my diet? Roughly 2 cups of cooked jasmine Rice a day

3. macdiver

macdiver Well-Known Member
    Bronze Member

First welcome to the forums.

To answer the question specifically, yes Jasmine Rice is as good as any other rice. There is not as big of a difference between white rice and brown rice as some people think.

Now, the real question is not if Jasmine Rice is okay to eat, the question is does it fit your total calories and macros for the day.

Another point is that by limiting yourself to chicken, rice, and vegetables you will quickly become bored and will not stick with your diet. Your diet should consist of a variety of healthful foods that you enjoy eating. It does not matter so much as to what foods you eat as it matters to how much you eat.

Have you calculated your calorie requirements and set your macro targets?