1. Have you installed the new JSF Mobile app? Check out all the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. One account & one avatar for all of JSF. Unified login and profile. Forum alerts on the main site, and more. Check out the details here: Forum & main site unified account feature is live!
    Dismiss Notice

New Program + New Pics - Input appreciated

Discussion in 'Weight Training/Bulking' started by yp_panagGR, Aug 20, 2006.

1. yp_panagGR

yp_panagGR Well-Known Member

I was on www.bodybuilders.com and searched for a workout,
    it asks you how many times a week you want to workout, how many exercises per workout, sets etc, and then you search. It automatically comes up with created workouts and for each it has a description for its purpose. I came across one which stated that it is not for a cut, but for a thick and strong look. I have been planning for my first ever bulk in a while, but never had the appropriate workout schedule. Sorry about the lonnnggg link... :p

To see previous pictures of a few months back , and last years pictures you can visit a past thread I made some time ago:

http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=28692

I cannot stress enough that any type of advice will be very very much appreciated, any tip or hint will be a treasure for me since I lack the knowledge I wish i had concerning bulking, what to eat, how to connect the lifting with the eating etc etc. Criticism widely accepted :tucool:

HERES THE LINK TO MY NEW PROGRAM IM ABOUT TO START FOR WHO KNOWS HOW MANY MONTHS...HoW iS it?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workout2.php?name=Pure+Strength&description=This+program+will+not+get+you+to+look+cut+but+will+get+you+thick+and+strong.+An+hour+in+the+gym+at+most+3+days+a+week%2C+monthly+gains+are+a+definate+if+you+push+yourself+for+the+full+hour%21&type=Full+Body&different=3&goal=Strength&days=3&schedule1=Y&schedule2on=&schedule2off=&person=&email=&E1%5B%5D=Bench+Press&R1%5B%5D=8-6-6-4&S1%5B%5D=4&E1%5B%5D=Deep+Squat&R1%5B%5D=8-6-6-4&S1%5B%5D=4&E1%5B%5D=Dumbbell+Press&R1%5B%5D=10-8-6&S1%5B%5D=3&E1%5B%5D=Straight+Leg+Deadlifts&R1%5B%5D=10&S1%5B%5D=3&E1%5B%5D=Straight+Bar+Curls&R1%5B%5D=10-8-6&S1%5B%5D=3&E1%5B%5D=Tricep+Pushdowns&R1%5B%5D=15&S1%5B%5D=3&sy1%5B%5D=Monday&E2%5B%5D=Power+Cleans&R2%5B%5D=6-4-4-2&S2%5B%5D=4&E2%5B%5D=Dead+Lifts&R2%5B%5D=6-4-4-2&S2%5B%5D=4&E2%5B%5D=Shrugs&R2%5B%5D=10-8-6&S2%5B%5D=3&E2%5B%5D=Military+Press&R2%5B%5D=10-8-6&S2%5B%5D=3&E2%5B%5D=Lat+Pull+Downs&R2%5B%5D=10-8-6&S2%5B%5D=3&E2%5B%5D=Front+Raises&R2%5B%5D=10-8-6&S2%5B%5D=3&sy2%5B%5D=Wednesday&E3%5B%5D=Bench+Press&R3%5B%5D=15-20&S3%5B%5D=2&E3%5B%5D=Deep+Squats&R3%5B%5D=15-20&S3%5B%5D=2&E3%5B%5D=Incline+Dunmbbell+Press&R3%5B%5D=10-8-6&S3%5B%5D=3&E3%5B%5D=Lunges&R3%5B%5D=10&S3%5B%5D=3&E3%5B%5D=Dumbbell+Curls&R3%5B%5D=10-8-6&S3%5B%5D=3&E3%5B%5D=Dips&R3%5B%5D=To+Failure&S3%5B%5D=3&sy3%5B%5D=Friday&exercount=18&s2r=

I am 6Ft.2inces, 156 pounds
    PICTURES BELOW:

#1 yp_panagGR, Aug 20, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Check out "The Quailty Mass Diet" by Chris Sugart on t-nation.com

You can use a wide array of training methods to stimulate growth.

3. Enigma66

Enigma66 Well-Known Member

That's the longest link I've ever seen in my life.

4. yp_panagGR

LOL Indeed!:lol:

5. MannishBoy

MannishBoy Senior Member

I think the link itself is for high rep finger work. Type that once on finger day of the workout split, then slam down a recovery drink, and you're done :)

6. tree

tree Well-Known Member

... all the way :flex:

7. SteveO

SteveO Well-Known Member

HaHa

Nice link dude!!

8. yp_panagGR

it seems the length of the link got all the attention... rofl:lol:

9. chris mason

chris mason Well-Known Member
    Official Sponsor

10. yp_panagGR

What if I just use the program that I posted at the beginning of the forum, and eat like your saying? In other words is the program I provided good enough as well? Because I only have freeweights, and cannot use legpress, or calf raise machine for example.
    Is anything wrong with My Program? (It's supposedly -according to bodybuilders.com - a program for gaining mass)

thanks for the advice, I read your thread -- plenty of useful info in there :tu:

- oh also, i already have whey protein fromthe company allthewhey :nope: ... after waiting 3 months to get it... I have around 10 pounds of it, so for now im good

11. mastover

mastover Well-Known Member

I wasted the first 3 years on ineffective training routines, much like the one you have outlined from bb.com. If I began more with the routine Chris Mason recommends, I would've progressed 10x faster.

I would work it extremely hard and progressively, eat plenty of clean foods focusing on lean protein sources, and watch your body morph into something you never thought possible.

People equate lengthy workouts with intensity. Nothing could be further from the truth. Is it possible? Yes, but it would take years of experience. For the natural lifter, especially one just starting out, working the basic compound movements hard, getting plenty of rest between sessions, and a clean, abundant nutritional program is a must.

You may not put on 15 lbs in a month, but I guarantee you'll see much, much better success with Mason's plan, than bb.com's.

:gl:

12. yp_panagGR

Well in that case, I suppose that I will follow Mason's plan. Who wants to waste 3 years :nope: doing a routine that is not suited for them. What I noticed with Masons routine is that there are NO exercises like dumbell curls, or barbell curls, or any bench press at ALL or chest exercises, or tricep exercises... why is that?

13. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

Dips hit the chest and tris and shoulder press hit the tris also.

I'm not a big fan of that routine personally. If your looking for a fullbody routine check out The Waterbury Method on t-nation.

14. RTE

RTE Well-Known Member

Learn to insert a link that big, it not clickable to me, so I don't plan on going to a bunch of steps to go there. most of the programs suggested might work as well or better.

You just need to work that body with basic resistance exercises for all body parts, using heavy weights for no more than 4 sets for body part, 8-12 reps for set except for abs and calves where you can use 12-16 reps. Your diet needs to see an increase of about 800-1000 calories over your present intake.

15. sleeper

sleeper Well-Known Member

Supposing you're training hard, the only obvious problem is you're not eating nearly enough. I always used to think "yeah, right so i eat 500 more calories a day then i'm used to and that'll make me gain 15 pounds of muscle instead of 2 pounds"...

But it did. But you're also very young and your metabolism is extremely inefficient (it burns way too many calories). That's common. So you would need to eat more than just 500 calories over your recommended maintenance. 3500 calories a day sounds ok but for you it may be closer to the 4000/4500 range. No matter what, at your age there is nothing to lose in eating a lot more.

Chris Mason's program is better than what you were doing at bb.com but I would definately work in the usual bench, curl, press compound movements to get the best results. Oh and that reminded me, a GOOD whey supplement is must. They're not all equal! Chris' company "AtLarge Nutrition" has the best protein supplement i've ever had called "Nitrean" and their prices are better than most sups on the market better used for composte.

So, eat a lot, sup with a good protein powder (up to 100g of supplemented protein a day is not going too far). Train hard. Focus on Compound movements and ALWAYS try to increase your lift weights every week. If only by a pound of two.

Steve

#15 sleeper, Aug 21, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  16. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

AtlargeNutrition merged with AST! :D

Chris's company is ALN. AST is the company that published The Max OT routine. Probably why you got it mixed up Steve. :)

17. yp_panagGR

sorry about that, i finally figured it out, you can check it out now :D

18. yp_panagGR

I dont see whats wrong with the program in the link posted at the beginning, it seems well enough. In the beginning I don't think many people even bothered to check it out because it was not clickable, but now it is, so if you can take a look, and tell me what you tihnk. It looks quite effective. I'm planning on starting today, since its monday anyway..

19. bradh

bradh Well-Known Member

I looked at it, i really don't like the excercise selections - the selections are baffling frankly and the set/rep schemes.

Here's a soild routine:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=534922

20. kismocles

kismocles Well-Known Member

Thanks YP. I was able to get a print out of a good routine from the bodybuilding.com site. That's a handy tool.

That's wasn't a link you posted...It was a piece of software!